F1 2011 Overtaking lapped cars at Valencia is ruining my race!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Has happened 3 times already! AI cars (on legend) are much slower than I on turns 18, 19, 20 and 21. So there I come after the hairpin, full throttle, and I find some Virgin, Lotus or HRT with blue flags not getting out of the way, and with very little margin and space for me to overtake them without getting into the walls or smashing their butts. But if I slow down till I find a less critical place to overtake, I loose too much time and Alonso, or Vettel or whoever just sticks to my rear wing and just gets me on the next DRS zone. Really annoying!

Ahhh! Just needed to say it, as at times I would love to race in an M1A2 and just smash them all!

The key to overtaking slow AI cars is NOT to draft them. If you are directly behind them even at fair distance away, they think they're in your way and will wiggle all over the track trying to get out of your way. If you stay on different lane, they will remain stable. Even if its through slow turns like a hairpin, stay on the outside if they're inside. You should be able to pass them. And remember the fast AI cars will have to deal with them too. And I find that I usually negotiate AI cars better than the fast AI so it actually works to my advantage most of the time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%