Overpass | Now Available

The new off-road simulation from NACON and Zordix - Overpass, is available to purchase on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Designed to be what the developers describe as a "technical off-road simulation", Overpass is certainly set to offer a very different driving experience for players more used to high speed charging through various different driving terrains.

From the release notes:

This simulation provides players with several different, particularly hilly environments and terrains. It will take all of your cool-headed and careful driving skills just to reach the finish line. In Overpass, players can't fly through the race by flooring it, but have to find the right speed so they can make their way through the course, get past the obstacles and avoid damaging their vehicles.

The specific technical aspects of each vehicle also have to be taken into account on each track: select the right vehicle from amongst 25 buggies and quads from major manufacturers (Arctic Cat, Yamaha, Polaris and Suzuki), and make sure you use the locking differential and switch from 2-wheel to 4-wheel drive at the right time. The game focuses on providing a unique challenge with innovative gameplay and meticulously-planned level design.

There are several game modes in Overpass: Career mode lets you launch a season, taking part in races to develop your reputation, attract sponsors and try to win competitions. In online Multiplayer mode, which can be played with up to 8 players, you have to demonstrate superb control to finish the race ahead of the others. The experience is rounded out with other game modes, such as Quick Race and Local play (split screen or hotseat) to see if the player can rise to the challenge of the most challenging off-road race.

Overpass is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC (via Epic Games Store). Nintendo Switch release to follow.

Got questions about the simulation? Head over to the Overpass sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start a thread to get the conversation flowing.

Overpass a.jpg
Overpass b.jpg

RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

BigMike8

SimRacing 604
Premium
Feb 18, 2017
It looks fun! The suspension physics looks great in the trailers, but it's hard to say what the actual gameplay physics are like.

Also, I really wish the gaming industry would agree on a PC distribution platform. Using the Epic Games store is a non-starter for me.

MarkR

500RPM
Premium
Feb 8, 2017
I was going to pick this up as there are some super cheap keys around but some issues are being reported in the rare couple of reviews I could find. See around 5.36 for the worst of the problems:

ps as the YouTuber's name is also Mark I thought I should point out this isn't my video or channel, it's just one I found in a search.

Another similar review here, giving it a poor 5/10 and reporting a similar set of issues.

Last edited:

Chobonator

@Simberia
Jun 20, 2017
I was going to pick this up as there are some super cheap keys around but some issues are being reported in the rare couple of reviews I could find. See around 5.36 for the worst of the problems:

ps as the YouTuber's name is also Mark I thought I should point out this isn't my video or channel, it's just one I found in a search.

Another similar review here, giving it a poor 5/10 and reporting a similar set of issues.
Aren't the cheap keys from cross-region sellers and credit card fraud?

Reactions: RKip455

AlexBfromG

250RPM
Oct 29, 2018
Aren't the cheap keys from cross-region sellers and credit card fraud?
i just got the game with a key and pre order bonus with a key online. there are legitimate key sites out there.

In regards to this whining about Epic Store. People on here give their data to google and facebook, and probably have multiple launchers anyway. It isnt an arrgument, especially since the launcher only boots when you do it yourself.

You get 2 free games each week, with games like Kingdom Come to mention just one.
And probably the best holiday sales out there.

Reactions: b)b and melanieuk

Chobonator

@Simberia
Jun 20, 2017
i just got the game with a key and pre order bonus with a key online. there are legitimate key sites out there.

In regards to this whining about Epic Store. People on here give their data to google and facebook, and probably have multiple launchers anyway. It isnt an arrgument, especially since the launcher only boots when you do it yourself.

You get 2 free games each week, with games like Kingdom Come to mention just one.
And probably the best holiday sales out there.
How is it possible to tell if they are legitimate?

AlexBfromG

250RPM
Oct 29, 2018
How is it possible to tell if they are legitimate?
well cause the key works and i doubt CeeDeeKeeees would be around all those years if they support illegal activities,
every Milestone is always available with cheap keys as well, so i assume maybe its the devs/publishers offer those keys.

Reactions: melanieuk

Chobonator

@Simberia
Jun 20, 2017
well cause the key works and i doubt CeeDeeKeeees would be around all those years if they support illegal activities,
every Milestone is always available with cheap keys as well, so i assume maybe its the devs/publishers offer those keys.
Just way that you don't care, it's cheaper, YOLO. That will sound more honest.

KittX

250RPM
Dec 12, 2011
Team VVV showed cockpit (or rather first-person, for quads) view and mentioned wheel, so perhaps there is a support.

Reactions: M D Gourley

MarkR

500RPM
Premium
Feb 8, 2017
You don’t make an ideal salesman Mark. Thanks!
Disappointing isn't it? I quite liked the look of this as something different - I like different driving/racing experiences (eg Spintires, BeamNG etc) as a break from the mainstream stuff but the negatives have put me off this even at £17 on PC and no way I'd touch it at £50+ on console.

Reactions: Jason Mullin

AlexBfromG

250RPM
Oct 29, 2018
so i just spend a hour with it, there is vibration in the controller, but you have to adjust that in the settings, you can move the camera, but its pretty clumsy and i assume meant to be only used while stationary, as its also very close. Graphically from the environments, its pretty nice, but that should be somewhat expected from a game where you are pretty much by yourself.

Sound is a so-so, the menu music is alright, the engine sounds can get on your eardrums im sure, but that probably goes for the real things as well.
Im on PC and use a controller for now, havent bothered checking the steering wheel just yet