F1 2010 Overheating at Monaco

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm somewhat new to F1 2010, and I'm currently at Monaco. As the title implies, according to the temperature graphic in the car status, my engine runs hot for almost the entire lap, which in the race would likely lead to engine damage. Does this have to do with my gear ratios being too short, or is it something else?

Yeah, I've had the engine on the car status graphic turn from grey to yellow due to overheating. Never had it actually fail, but it noticeably impacted performance. I tried shifting at lower revs, but I still have the same problem. Does it have anything to do with the weather (It's pretty hot out during the session I'm in)?

Well, good news everyone. I finally just broke and bought a racing wheel on ebay, and that made all the difference. I was getting pathetic lap times on this particular track using just my gamepad (around 1:22.x - 1:26.x) and now my quickest laps on Monaco with the wheel are in the low 1:17 range. Qualified pole, won the race, still had engine overheating problems but it was nothing I couldn't work through.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%