Over sensitive brakes.

Msportdan

@Simberia
is there a way to fix the over sensitive brakes. I really have to be so careful on the brake pedal to not lock up, it feels a little bit too sensitive, than my other sims.

OT, what about the steering, do you guys have to rotate them too (pits or before start) to calibrate? My G27 is set to 900 (both Profiler and in-game) and 450 in Options-View, but when driving the 458 GT2, the wheel is too sensitive and rotates too fast. Tried setting wheel to 720 and appeared better (more loose), but I thought AC should automatically set this.

OT, what about the steering, do you guys have to rotate them too (pits or before start) to calibrate? My G27 is set to 900 (both Profiler and in-game) and 450 in Options-View, but when driving the 458 GT2, the wheel is too sensitive and rotates too fast. Tried setting wheel to 720 and appeared better (more loose), but I thought AC should automatically set this.
On the 458 gt2, the wheel animation isn't 1:1 with your physical wheel?

I personally always change the rotation (Both in game and Logitech profiler) depending on the car it self. What I normally do is: Road cars: 900 / GT cars: 540 - 720 / open wheelers: 450 - 540.

If you have the rotation set to 900 both in game and the profiler then AC will automatically match up with the actual real life rotations (1:1), but for me it doesn't lock, the wheel will continue turning (Up to 900) Even though say the car has a rotation of 540. That's the reason why change the rotation both in game and profiler, so that it's 1:1 and it locks.

• Deleted member 151827

I still don't understand what is so hard about getting a brake pressure per car setting in setups. If Forza can do it i believe Kunos can do it. lol

It's not that they can't, it's that Stefano doesn't want to until there's more variability in the braking system - as is, people could just calibrate it so 100% on the brake pedal is just short of locking up and then do that in every corner.

Once brake temperatures are modeled they might reconsider since there's a little more range in usable brakes.

I
It's not that they can't, it's that Stefano doesn't want to until there's more variability in the braking system - as is, people could just calibrate it so 100% on the brake pedal is just short of locking up and then do that in every corner.

Once brake temperatures are modeled they might reconsider since there's a little more range in usable brakes.
I am not sure I'm buying that, setting your brake pressure is standard even on old cars. Little more pedal, little less pedal. I don't know why it's not there but having to find a point where your brakes don't lock short of the point they decide seems a little odd in a modern sim. If I'm not mistaken it's the only one that doesn't.

Havent checked last update but before I had to activate ABS because it was imposible not to lock up brakes in gt3 cars with my g27 pedals.

Well, you can always brake 500 meters before but forget about been fast.

I use g27 pedals with 1.5 gamma and when you get used to it you can brake fairly easy. Do lock sometimes but it happens irl too. Setting brake pressure just before lock will not solve your problems. Imagine you start at grip 93 and during the race it become more - how you will set the brake pressure ? Best soluion is loadcell.

It's either you haven't fully pressed your brake pedal after starting the game, if you floor the brakes on track makes it less sensitive after that.

What you can also do is in your Logitech profiler is reduce the brake axis sensitvity to 5% and then use 2.00 Brake Gamma.

Hope this helps :)

I don't wanna knock anybody, but I disagree with the claim that a brake pressure setting would allow the brakes to be set at some kind of optimum level which prevents the wheels from locking. For optimum braking, the brakes need to be modulated, ie. as the car slows, less braking is required to lock the wheels.
http://www.motorsportsuniversity.com/2010/06/brake-modulation.html
In particular, this part -
"It get's tricky because level 10 pressure on the brake pedal at 100mph is different than 10 on the brake pedal at 50mph. Less force is required to stop a given weight from 50mph than it is from 100mph.
Finding the maximum braking limits takes a lot of practice and feel because the scale is almost infinitely variable between 1-10 due to the variety of speeds combined with the weight and attitude of the vehicle. That's what makes good Threshold, Left Foot and Trail braking so hard. Brake pressure is only one variable among a variety of other variables!"

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%