Oval racing on AC?

I found interesting not seen this topic discussed before.

I like oval racing. Is just different to road or any other kind of racing, not better, not worse, simply different. With AC physics and all this variety of cars I think would be very interesting to have an oval track and test the driving experience on it. I am pretty sure some cars would feel on good ground on it, while others may not at all.

I know the lack of yellow flags and some other race session control that is lacked on AC would make racing very hard to handle. I am more thinking about the experience and feeling of cars on this kind of layout.

Any thoughs?

mod-edit: please keep the forum tidy

Last edited by a moderator:
Daytona is a very peculiar oval, as it is kind more like a big long turns, have not tested yet. I am thinking more the likes of Milwaukee, Atlanta, even Pocono, where you have to brake, navigate through the turn, then accelerate on exit.

Yes, the flag app definetelly comes handy, thanks, but yellow flags and a way to chain the field together, pitstops rules, etc. is missing. Still, I can live without that for some races.

Soon after MP slipstream was released on AC I ran a club event with the BMW M3 GT2 at Daytona Oval and called out cautions. apart from the huge MP bugs that were around at the time the race was a success!

Read the comments: here

You know what guys. That could really work! :thumbsup:
It really could, although I do have a few basic remarks.
1) The track is quite bumpy on the corners (or that is my setup with 0 camber left and -5 right) and has one major bump just before turn 1.
2) At leasto n the S1 Exos the rear tyres get dangerously hot (160C seen in turn, cools down to 145C on straight) even with the hardest compound and tyre pressures :p
3) When you slightly touch the wall you instantly get an unpredictable crash, good for me when I drive SC but still :)
4) There is no pit limiter!

And if it will be organised we need some rules, for example:
- First lap of full course yellow no pitstops
- Exiting pitlane means you will have to stay low in turn 1 and can rejoin on the backstraight
- Etc.

I just tried the ruf on it. I suggest you try it too. 100% boost and the right setup you'll go 330 kph into the turns and t1 isn't even full throttle :D

also, the t1 bump isn't so bad with the ruf because if actually gives a little bit of understeer XD

Need to pick suitable cars now.
Was testing the Exos S1, agreed on the conclusion that Kunos did not care at all about setups:
747508ACCF499B004FF585A632C04801B1D80BA1

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing