RACEDEPARTMENT.COM OVAL
Track: Joesville Speedway
Car: Stock Cars

Weather: Dry
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 1x
Mechanical failure: Time scaled
Setup Options: Fixed (steering lock, starting fuel & pit strategy still adjustable)

Assists
Traction control:
Low
ABS: None
Auto-clutch: Allowed

Race
Practice:
20:00 GMT
Qualifying: 20:15 GMT - 10 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 20:25 GMT - 5 minutes
Race: 20:30 GMT - 90 laps [rolling start]

RaceDepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
GMT Clock: Click here

Note: You must be a Premium member in order to participate. Upgrade your account here.

1. Daiman Patel *
  2. Chark
  3. Otune
  4. TTupsi
  5. Stefan Woudenberg
  6. Magic43
  7. Simon Bacon
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. ...
Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER IS UP!

utp: 10

Last edited:
@Chark I have updated the event configuration and settings as requested - private qualifying (please let me know if it does not work, but the rFM should override the player.json setting), closed pits under caution (the pits are closed for 1 lap when a caution is thrown), and increased the full course caution / safety car sensitivity. I have also made a couple of other adjustments; lead cars are given priority for entering the pits under caution, once they have opened, and caution laps now count towards the race (previously they were additional laps).

Regarding custom fixed setups, I now know how to "enable" this option so if you would like me to set it up for this event then just send me your .svm file.

Thanks a lot Daiman, great work. We'll let you know if all of that works! :)
Regarding the setup, that track does need quite a few changes from the default. Attached is a setup that I find to be balanced between stability, tyre wear, and preformance. Gears are completely different (use 4th), pressures and camber are changed too. Seems like not a lot, but those adjusments make a huge difference (setup done with normal steering lock from the tuning menu).
As far as driving is concerned, don't go too fast during the corners. Brake with about 25% force, trail it until mid corner, let it roll, and get back softly on the gas. No pit stop should be required for fuel (0.4~0.5 liters per lap only), but for tyres probably!

If anyone wants want to improve my setup feel free to do it and inform @Daiman Patel about it.

Attachments

• RD_SC_setup_01.svm
    4.5 KB · Views: 277
IMPORTANT!

The server has been updated so that Charles' setup is (or at least should be) the default, fixed setup. :geek: If you could try and test this, to confirm whether or not it has worked, that would be helpful. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Daiman Patel the fixed setup is still the default one. :unsure: If you can't get it to work, just let it free for tonight and I'll send it to everyone.
EDIT: Don't sweat it tho, only three of us tonight so far, we'll fix that next time if you can't make it. ;)

Last edited:
@Daiman Patel the fixed setup is still the default one. :unsure: If you can't get it to work, just let it free for tonight and I'll send it to everyone.
EDIT: Don't sweat it tho, only three of us tonight so far, we'll fix that next time if you can't make it. ;)
Awww man, I'm sorry. :( I was working until late last night, and have only just seen your message.

I was certain it would work. :unsure: However, as you say, we'll try again next week (I already have something in mind that might explain why it wasn't working, so I shall investigate later). :ninja:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years