rF2 Oval Night @ Jacksonville Superspeedway - Monday 5th October 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
ups the first three are already DST adjusted times? Was there already the switch in the UK? In Germany it is on the 25th of October. 20:30 GMT would be 22:30 german time and with 50laps you have to account for more than 1 hour :(

grays-harbor-sign-up.jpg please

i'm very sorry but i think i will have to drop out of the race, i have a lot of work to do and i don't think i will be able to do the race :(
hopefully i will be able to race on friday :unsure:
have fun guys :thumbsup:

Practice: 20:00 GMT
Qualifying: 20:15 GMT - 10 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 20:25 GMT - 5 minutes
Race: 19:30 GMT - 50 laps [rolling start]

Find the mistake ;-)
Ooops, my bad! :redface: It is now corrected - the race will begin at 20:30 GMT.

ups the first three are already DST adjusted times? Was there already the switch in the UK? In Germany it is on the 25th of October. 20:30 GMT would be 22:30 german time and with 50laps you have to account for more than 1 hour :(
lol didn't meant that, meant that the Race is earlier then the Practice, but thats a point too yes :D
20:30 GMT could be to late for me. :(
The time hasn't yet changed in the UK; it will go back 1 hour, to GMT, also on 25th October. The reason why the event is an hour later than usual is because we want to try and appeal to the American audience. The actual race time was supposed to be an hour later, at 21:30 GMT, but as this would exclude the European audience (especially on a weeknight) I moved it forward by 1 hour. However, it appears as though this is also quite late. So what I might do as of next week is run two events on the same server, the first at the usual time of 19:00 GMT for Europe, and the second later on for America. :thumbsup: Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause for today's event.

IMPORTANT

Race start time has been corrected, from 19:30 GMT to 20:30 GMT.

The server has been updated and restarted to use the updated values for safety car and full-course caution sensitivity.

Hi Andreas, thanks for expressing your interest in this event. However, before you can be added to the sign-up list, and see the relevant password(s) to access the server, you must first become a Premium member. Please refer to the first post of this thread for more information. :)
Hupsi, its gone :unsure:. But i don't want renew it for just a try out of this class in an event with lesser than 10 drivers (I'm not able to do rugular events, so i can't use this payment really). Then i try it myself and see if its worth for more events. Anyhow, thanks - have fun.

Just three racers on the server but a lot of fun all time.

I'm not very familar with nascar in general but during the last view weeks I got used to it and I like it more and more.
Jacksonville. 50 laps. One pitstop required. Three drivers .... Let the chase begin :)
After a couple of rounds driving as a three-car-cluster I was spinning when "Grind" (just nicknames on the server today) bump drafted me slightly out of the middle. Luckily no damage on both of us but I had to get rid of my square tires and sadly no full course yellow appeared. Grind also went to pit and then we started a catch up on Whismaster who was about 30 seconds in front of us after he did his mandatory pitstop.
The teamplay was very good changing positions every few laps just to get some cooling for the engine. About 10 laps before finishing we had our three-car-cluster again :)
Just before the end Grind and me had to stop again because our first stop was a few laps too early in the race. Finally Wishmaster won this event although he struggled with fuel on the last lap.
On the whole it was a good race and I learned a lot more about Nacsar ;)

I hope next time there are some more drivers on track. This is so much fun :thumbsup:

Thx @Daiman Patel for setting this up. Just one idea for improvement: We had no full course yellow after I had a big spin. Is there something to adjust this?

IMPORTANT

Race start time has been corrected, from 19:30 GMT to 20:30 GMT.

The server has been updated and restarted to use the updated values for safety car and full-course caution sensitivity.
Why was the race time changed? 20:30 is way to late and as far as I am aware it is still summer time in the UK as well?!
Club races have always been at 20.30 british and 21.30 german time. 22.30 is to late for most guys who have to work :(

Just three racers on the server but a lot of fun all time.

I'm not very familar with nascar in general but during the last view weeks I got used to it and I like it more and more.
Jacksonville. 50 laps. One pitstop required. Three drivers .... Let the chase begin :)
After a couple of rounds driving as a three-car-cluster I was spinning when "Grind" (just nicknames on the server today) bump drafted me slightly out of the middle. Luckily no damage on both of us but I had to get rid of my square tires and sadly no full course yellow appeared. Grind also went to pit and then we started a catch up on Whismaster who was about 30 seconds in front of us after he did his mandatory pitstop.
The teamplay was very good changing positions every few laps just to get some cooling for the engine. About 10 laps before finishing we had our three-car-cluster again :)
Just before the end Grind and me had to stop again because our first stop was a few laps too early in the race. Finally Wishmaster won this event although he struggled with fuel on the last lap.
On the whole it was a good race and I learned a lot more about Nacsar ;)

I hope next time there are some more drivers on track. This is so much fun :thumbsup:

Thx @Daiman Patel for setting this up. Just one idea for improvement: We had no full course yellow after I had a big spin. Is there something to adjust this?

I'm "Grind" :D

Was a good race, the start procedure worked perfectly this time and the racing itself seemed to be fine. We were having some good battles and learning all the different drafting mechanics of this car is quite challenging. With a bigger grid, this could be epic.

As we discussed yesterday on the server, it would be nice if the Yellow could come out a bit more easily. When I crashed into Andreas (who was undamaged luckily), a FCY should've come out. Would've made pit strategy a whole lot more easy, because going into the pits under full steam is difficult and because it would've bunched the three of us back up.

Earlier start times would also be welcome, but that's been discussed already. (19:30GMT would do me a huge favour)

Why was the race time changed? 20:30 is way to late and as far as I am aware it is still summer time in the UK as well?!
Club races have always been at 20.30 british and 21.30 german time. 22.30 is to late for most guys who have to work :(
Earlier start times would also be welcome, but that's been discussed already. (19:30GMT would do me a huge favour)
I'm very sorry. I don't know if you saw my reply to your earlier message, but in case you didn't I'll explain again: in an attempt to appeal to our American audience as well, since they are big on NASCAR and oval racing, the actual race time was supposed to be an hour later, at 21:30 GMT, but as this would exclude the European audience (especially on a weeknight). Therefore, I moved it forward by 1 hour. However, this is also quite late. So what I'll do as of next week is run two events on the same server, the first at the usual time of 19:00 GMT for Europe, and the second later on for America. :thumbsup:

With a bigger grid, this could be epic.

As we discussed yesterday on the server, it would be nice if the Yellow could come out a bit more easily. When I crashed into Andreas (who was undamaged luckily), a FCY should've come out. Would've made pit strategy a whole lot more easy, because going into the pits under full steam is difficult and because it would've bunched the three of us back up.
I hope there are more people too. Seems as though this will be a popular option once we get it right! As of next week, the event will be back to starting at 19:00 GMT so I reckon we shall see a larger grid of drivers.

Regarding full-course cautions, you may have seen a discussion earlier on in this thread about setting the sensitivity values that ultimately define the probability of full-course cautions occurring and the safety car being deployed. I think we may have gone a bit too far this time, so for the next event I shall tune the value to hopefully increase the likelihood of a full-course caution when an incident occurs. Getting the values right is tricky, but with feedback like this we can make appropriate adjustments in an attempt to find a setting that work for us, so thank you very much guys. :D

Yeah the start time was to late. If i today should have gone to the customer and not into the office i also hadn't been able to race.

The race was fun even with only 3. Ok most of the time i drove alone at the front. But i think this was better this evening after a 17 hour day. :) So i could relax a bit without taking care of someone else.

I went one lap to early to the pits but i realized this only with 2 laps to go. Then i tried to do 2 laps with the fuel of only one. I nearly worked but at the end Andreas pushed me over the line instead of taking the win :thumbsup:

Maybe we went a bit far with the full course yellow settings but also maybe the game would react a bit different with a large field by a similar incident.

Ooops, my bad! :redface: It is now corrected - the race will begin at 20:30 GMT.

The time hasn't yet changed in the UK; it will go back 1 hour, to GMT, also on 25th October. The reason why the event is an hour later than usual is because we want to try and appeal to the American audience. The actual race time was supposed to be an hour later, at 21:30 GMT, but as this would exclude the European audience (especially on a weeknight) I moved it forward by 1 hour. However, it appears as though this is also quite late. So what I might do as of next week is run two events on the same server, the first at the usual time of 19:00 GMT for Europe, and the second later on for America. :thumbsup: Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause for today's event.
No problem, even 19.30 would have been close for me. I guess on weeknights it is nearly impossible to get europeans and americans in a race :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%