outlook 2000 SR

Yves Larose

Premium
hi guy's i need to format a hard drive and to reinstall windows and the person wants to keep its E-mail contacts so i can't seem to find if we can some what save them something like we do with the favorites in IE. anyone knows if it can be done ?

it can be done, but I cant remember how exactly! but there is another way - export the contacts to MSN Messenger or hotmail, then import them back after the reformat/reinstall

You probably did this already, but for anyone else the files you are looking for are:

*.pab files are Microsoft Outlook address book files.
*.pst files are Microsoft Outlook mail files book files.
*.rwz files are the Microsoft Outlook rules wizard files.

Now its a long long time since I messed with all this, but basically I think you can just find the files and copy/back them up to disk/an external drive/usb stick or whatever.

Using the menu option ... > Tools > Accounts I think you can see the location where the files are stored, or use the search option from your start menu (entering *.pab as your search term should find them)

Then when you get your new machine setup, drop these files back in to the same location from where you copied them and/or use the > Tools > Accounts menu option relink them to your account.

Google will also find you lots of how to's on this :wink2:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years