F1 2013 Out of sight bug... Once again?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys, I think that this bug is back again in F1 2013.
AI Speed in Legend when car is visible ahead of you is more than 1.5 seconds slower when compared to a situation where you are not able to see them anymore.

I am doing a career mode season with a Lotus (legend difficulty level without assists).
Most of the time I can qualifiy real close to Mercedes & Vettel & Alonso. When I am on a race, if I make a mistake and get behind like 4 or 5 secons... that is it.
Can anyone verify that as well?

Other than that, this game is really good.
Cheers

Last edited:
Looking at race director i got the impression that tyre wear does not affect AI at all... they seem consistent at their pace for all their stint and gthey can improve a lot when they change tyres.
Although this may sound strange I will give you an example:
- Nurburgring wet race (intermediate tyres) 50% distance no assists legend diff

1st stint (7 laps)
1.37's (they do not change this pace at all .2 or .3 variation from 2nd lap to lap 6)

2nd stint (7 laps)
1.36's (right from their second lap in that set of tyres they are able to improve on more than 1 sec and mantain it 'till the end of that stint).

... and so on for the other stints...

So although we do not have a sharp increase of times when they are not in sight, they do not suffer tyre wear as we do (or at least it is completely balanced with fuel consumption - less weight).

This just push us more and more...to be able to succeed here.
Side effect is that in most of my time, i am defending on a Louts (fighting for 4th or 5th) which i have to say is pretty accurate.
Will verify this when i'm on a Mercedes.
See my other post, Ref AI fuel loads and pace

I am not sure if it's out of sight bug or the fact that AI get much better performance with lowering fuel loads. Is there a way of adjusting this.
I raced Melbourne (full race 100%) 3 times with and with out MODs, Nothing really changed what happened during the race. The out come remained the same.
All is well up to the first set of stops but by the end of the race the AI are lapping 4 seconds faster than i am. During the race the AI gradually start pulling away, the front runners lap times decreasing with fastest lap after fastest lap. As you would expect with track rubbering in and lowering fuel loads.
BUT.....
I qualified 9th in the Sauber and managed to get to 6 after the first stops. I finished 6th but that was only due to me blocking cars trying to overtake. The 5 cars times ahead of me dropped from an average of 1.34 a lap at the start of the race down to 1.28 a lap by the final stint. My Lap times went from 1.34 to just 1.32 a lap. I just could not get any quicker, even if i had a clean lap. The AI were racing up behind me like i was doing a warm up lap. I had to weave around to stop them overtaking. It was like i was permanently carrying full fuel load. If this is a way of controlling the different level setting then it sucks badly.

Is there a way of checking this or altering these performance issues in the program?

It seems to me that every circuit is a little different regarding the AI pace, but i think the difference can mostly be calked up to which tyres you are running and which tyres they are running.
I had the same experience as you in Melbourne. I finished P2 in the Sauber but only because the AI couldn't find a way past me. There was a train of 4 or 5 cars that all finished behind me within 2 seconds. However, In China the AI pace does not improve that much, but my pace increased drastically.
I think a big part of the time difference depends on which tyres you the AI are running. If you are trying to eliminate a pitstop by running primes more than options your pace is going to be slower, especially at the end of the race.
Check out the lap time from a test race i did in China and you'll see what i'm talking about. I tracked the top 5 lap times over the course of the race. I finished P2. The weather was set to clear and the AI to Legend.
https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=1m466b47919bcce12473f96702454e9185461

It seems to me that every circuit is a little different regarding the AI pace, but i think the difference can mostly be calked up to which tyres you are running and which tyres they are running.
I had the same experience as you in Melbourne. I finished P2 in the Sauber but only because the AI couldn't find a way past me. There was a train of 4 or 5 cars that all finished behind me within 2 seconds. However, In China the AI pace does not improve that much, but my pace increased drastically.
I think a big part of the time difference depends on which tyres you the AI are running. If you are trying to eliminate a pitstop by running primes more than options your pace is going to be slower, especially at the end of the race.
Check out the lap time from a test race i did in China and you'll see what i'm talking about. I tracked the top 5 lap times over the course of the race. I finished P2. The weather was set to clear and the AI to Legend.
https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=1m466b47919bcce12473f96702454e9185461

Thanks, your suggestion sounds good. I will have to see how my season goes. I had 5 cars backed up behind me at the end in Melbourne. I think i did make one less stop than the rest. Maybe the fault lies with the AI and unrealistic tyre wear !!!

No, No, No...

This is ridiculous, Just raced Malaysia and exactly the same as previously posted occurs. Qualified 7th got to 2nd over first 2 laps. After first pit stops all looks good but the by the 2nd pit stops it's happening again. By the end of the race my average lap pace is 1 to 2 seconds quicker than when i was on full fuel BUT The AI cars are passing me ridiculously quickly and lapping nearly 5 seconds faster than the start of the race and 3 seconds quicker than me. With me using DRS and KERS they pull away from me down the straight... wrong, wrong, wrong. It's ruining my game and i have no idea what to do about it, or what is causing it !!!!!

Tyres were in good condition, i mirrored my team mates pit stop were on pretty much same tyres and car condition by the last lap.... He cruised past me 2nd to last lap and finished 7s ahead of me....

AI final lap fastest lap time 1.39.23s my lap time 1.43.89s
Start of the race AI fastest lap time 1.44.01s my lap time 1.45.56s

No, No, No...

This is ridiculous, Just raced Malaysia and exactly the same as previously posted occurs. Qualified 7th got to 2nd over first 2 laps. After first pit stops all looks good but the by the 2nd pit stops it's happening again. By the end of the race my average lap pace is 1 to 2 seconds quicker than when i was on full fuel BUT The AI cars are passing me ridiculously quickly and lapping nearly 5 seconds faster than the start of the race and 3 seconds quicker than me. With me using DRS and KERS they pull away from me down the straight... wrong, wrong, wrong. It's ruining my game and i have no idea what to do about it, or what is causing it !!!!!

Tyres were in good condition, i mirrored my team mates pit stop were on pretty much same tyres and car condition by the last lap.... He cruised past me 2nd to last lap and finished 7s ahead of me....

What level AI are competing against? Expert? you might need to change it to Professional instead.
those AI lap times are similar to the ones i had with my Career with Expert AI. But my fastest lap time compared to yours is much better. I had a 1:40.559 and a drive through penalty, and still only finished P10 in the 100% race. You are 3 seconds off that pace!

No, No, No...

Double check the setup you're using. too much rear wing downforce can make huge difference between qualifying and race times. however if you are using DRS and they are still getting away and you had same pace at qualifying that's another thing. Your fastest lap time must get inside 2-3 seconds distance of your qualifying time depending on the track and your final stint fuel mix and tyres.
4s improvement during a race is not an unusual thing, you should also try and make 3-4 seconds progress.

I find that if you come up behind an AI, it will slow down and move off the racing line as though being blue flagged (whether you're lapping or racing). If you back off, they will speed up and disappear over the horizon.

Regarding the off-topic part of this thread - my wife told me to go out and get some of those pills that would invigorate our love life. I came home and gave her a bottle of slimming pills. Does anyone have a room to rent?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back