PC1 Out of range is all I get

Hi, I hope someone can help.

All I get when I launch pc is the screen going black and then and box floating round the screen saying 'out of range'. The game is starting up in the background and I can hear it playing the intro screen.

It's really starting to annoy me. I am running an AMD R9 200 series gpu and single monitor Asus MX279H which is apparently 4k compatible. I am using a HDMI cable. Should I use a DVI cable instead?

Thanks for any help.

Yaki

I realise you must know this, but that means that the game is trying to run in a resolution/refresh rate that your monitor does not support.

Have you tried starting it in a lower resolution?

(If it's stuck that way, edit My Documents/Project Cars/graphicsconfigdx11.cfg to choose a new resolution on the line:
<prop name="Mode" refresh_dem="1" refresh_num="60" height="1080" width="1920" adapter="0"/>
That might fix it and get it to run, or just delete that file and make it create a new one after lowering your system resolution.)

Hi Connor,

I have sorted it now after much research. Thank you very much for your reply. The computer had indeed set the resolution lower than the game was trying to open it in.
I use a Mac on a daily basis so haven't a clue on PC.

Next job is trying to find the download for the patch 1.2 which seems an impossible task!

Great looking game though, bit buggy but I'm sure it will get sorted.

Thanks again

J

if your playing the game on the PC then you must be running it through Steam in which case Steam should of automatically updated the game to patch1.2 after install, thats what happened on mine anyway!?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%