Resource icon

Tracks Oulton Park 1960s. v1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
There is no 'elite' :O_o:

If you are happy to use a 10 year old track that doesn't work with the AI then be my guest - enjoy.

I can't be bothered with this 'snowflake' attitude - are people really so delicate that they are unable to hear the slightest bit of criticism or advice? :rolleyes:

I'm human and I like to hear all about how great I am as much as anyone else, but it's meaningless unless it's true. If you understand that, you understand how valuable an honest beta tester can be. The fact that so many of the "elite" guys in this community are willing to be that (and can be trusted in the role) is immensely valuable to any new modder with the sense to listen.

Bystanders jumping to the defense of the OP - who is in no way under attack - aren't really adding to the conversation.

Last edited:
Yes especialy since most of the people reacting that its harch don't even know the history with Gilles75. He never showed any interest in learning from experienced modders. He just wants to release as much half baked conversions as he can. He said he has no time to learn it properly. Well then I say don't mod at all.

I do think there is an elite group of modders on here, which is meant mostly as a compliment. it's going way off topic though... probably better in a separate mod-quality thread.

Well done to @Jez_Hammond for going to the effort of making a new AI line and edges, even though no-one seemed to have noticed, me included.
I took the Ferrari 250GTO and recorded an AI, found they (the AI) didn't like turn 1 on lap 2, tried again and again eventually braking early for it.
Replacement edge lines are baked in to the AI file, however I have also included them in the archive as they are a good base to record future lines with.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pcaq2g0ecm8xoj/'67olton'_AI.zip?dl=0
:thumbsup:

If you are happy to use a 10 year old track that doesn't work with the AI then be my guest - enjoy.

I can't be bothered with this 'snowflake' attitude - are people really so delicate that they are unable to hear the slightest bit of criticism or advice? :rolleyes:

Yeah I am actually, and I'm also happy to use a 47 year old car, actually born the same year as me. I will "be your guest" and enjoy myself, thank you, sir.

<snip> Bystanders jumping to the defense of the OP - who is in no way under attack - aren't really adding to the conversation.

"Bystanders" oooooook, only started online racing in 1999 (UKGPL div1), programming in mid 80s, and bollox to really mentioning the journey here.

<snip> Well then I say don't mod at all.

And I say you go do other stuff yourself, mate.

<snip> Well done to @Jez_Hammond for going to the effort of making a new AI line and edges, even though no-one seemed to have noticed, me included.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Phoenix77 you're one of the few decent modders around here. I suggested others are being overly harsh to the OP and I get insults etc. I'll get my coat if I'm not welcome?

turbo-yoda-54b6608d64fb6.jpg

Seems we have been disagreeing about different things here. I enjoyed blasting around this direct conversion of GTL's Oulton, to me it was like running an old emulator...I didn't expect it to be an up-to-date state-of-the-art track model, it delivered what I expected which was of course a verbatim experience from GTL days.

In the future we will recreate PCs in our holodecks. There be some who don't overclock the experience and some who do. No need to outcast people over style is there? (I like drawing art with ink, my biology teacher said I was "digging through to Australia" when cross-hatch shading a diagram...). Perhaps have some badge for a post which easily shows if a mod is hand made or 'just' a working (con)version for this more modern simulator.

Seriously it's worse than pitlane in here sometimes...touche!

But surely there must be a problem if a track has serious flaws due to haste and lack of effort, rather than knowledge?

I accept that not everyone can produce a track to the wonderful standards that Kunos deliver, but if a track is of poor quality because care and attention was lacking then there can surely be no excuse for that :unsure:

Perhaps have some badge for a post which easily shows if a mod is hand made or 'just' a working (con)version for this more modern simulator.

as ive been saying to a few people on discord recently. there needs to be a 6th star for a scratch built track. or a badge of significance. Mainly so us elitists can filter as we see fit. on that subject.....

one might call it elitism, but its actually Peers & Pratts, Peers are acting like Pratts, and Pratts are acting like Peers. If you`re in the know you have the option to teach, if you`re being criticised you have the option to learn. if the Pratt cant learn the Peer cant teach. so make your mind up who you are and who you want to be when it comes to improvement. all it takes is a bit of listening and reading between the lines and some friendliness from both sides.

You're right the track has serious flaws and was apparently rushed out. I donated my AI experience immediately as it was clear there was no AI to convert and the OP seemed to have some placeholder line in there (it didn't work with my edge-lines; still brake-testing 3 times around the circuit). Others donated feedback, however it seems to the 'passer by' that an unfair tone is in the air. That reminds me of anti-competitive behaviour and for the wrong reasons (not that there are any good reasons but this seemed a bit mob like as I passed by haha ok I will drop that now!).

The only response I see from the OP is in the ratings. I guess the person is getting on with their hobby, perhaps with the best intentions I really don't care for the politics of this these days. Lets just say that I tried having a donate button a couple of times on my website and it wasn't a good choice, most of us do this for the love. I for one have survived on rations for several years and won't change a thing, I continue developing my thing regardless. One day you will find it on Steam and say hey it's that crazy old dude wtf.

Back to AC, sorry about that, I will be more hesitant over fixing stuff from now, I forgot about the nuances of the net. My IoM TT AI took as much effort as the next guy, that was the same as this and some might say the 37.74 mile effort isn't pretty enough, but still it is an awesome experience. If that track's release had this feedback then it might be lost.

Elitism: I too did not mean offence and was/am suggesting any form of it coming across was unintentional.

Emoticons to all of your posts...

Thanks Phoenix77 you're one of the few decent modders around here. I suggested others are being overly harsh to the OP and I get insults etc. I'll get my coat if I'm not welcome?
Cheers Jez... As are you mate... actually taking a look at the AI line to help those that want to use this track.

I can pretty much understand everyones view point on hurried conversions like this. But cant be particularly bothered to go into it :) lol
I will however say that a track like Oulton Park does deserve to have more effort and time spent on it. But each to their own :)

Careful not to wait too long after your current scedule, might find other historians up in arms again. But you should be ok because this is tight knit bunch of backstabbing bastards who like you.

You have serious issues :O_o:

You think criticism is 'back stabbing'? :roflmao:

Ok, here you go... this track is amazing!! It far surpasses anything by any other modder, or even Konus' own efforts. Nothing needs improving and the bar has certainly been raised by this amazing work of art - I LOVE IT!

(I haven't downloaded it myself, but I thought the words sounds nice and fluffy :inlove:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%