OtterHud - An R3E WebHUD

Introducing OtterHUD, a new and improved in-game HUD for use with R3E. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the default in-game HUD and I would recommend that everyone uses it, quite frankly. The list of features is excellent and it's getting good support from it's creator.

The easiest way to get OtterHUD working is to use Crew Chief's own WebHUD integration feature. You can find it as a tickbox in the Properties menu.

ccd-jpg.307808

Once you've done that, you need to add the following line to your R3E launch options in Steam:
Code:
-webdev -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/

With that done, just start Crew Chief as normal, start R3E, and disable the regular in-game HUD. It's really no longer needed as OtterHUD is a direct replacement. The one exception is the track map, as it's the only feature OtterHUD does not have. Now jump into the cockpit of your favourite car, and enjoy! The HUD is fully customisable and resizable by clicking the cog icon which appears in the upper-left corner.

The current feature list is far too long at this point, so...
  • Version-Number will now be shown in the Settings
  • Performance improved alot! CPU usage went down to ~2% from 9+%

• Added a "Show Inner & Outer" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings.
    (Default ON)

• Added a "Show Tire-Temp numbers" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings.
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Tire-Temp in Celsius" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings between Celsius or Fahrenheit
    (Default is Celsius)
  • Added a "Show Tire-Wear numbers" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Show Tire-Pressure numbers" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Tire-Pressure in PSI" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings between kPa (kilo Pascal) or PSI (Pound-force per square inch)
    (Default is PSI)
  • Added a "Show Tire Est. Laps-Left" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)
  • Added showing the Tire-Wear per Lap to the Tires Widget

• Added a "Auto Hide" function to the Radar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "New Design" to the Radar Widget.
    (Always ON)

This will make the look and feel of the Widget more like AC's Heli-Corsa.

• Added a "Completed Laps" function to the Position-Bar Widget, which can be toggled in the Settings.
    (Default is ON)
  • Added a "Only show 5 Ahead/Behind" function to the Position-Bar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    Mostly for VR Users to make the Position-Bar bigger

• Added a "Show Standings" function to the Position Bar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)
    This allows you to Show/Hide the Drivers in the Position Bar

• Added "Show Estimated Laps left" to the Position Bar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)
  • Added a "Show Estimated Laps" to the Position Bar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)
  • Position-Bar: Seperated the "Position" into "Position" and "Position in Class"
  • Position-Bar: Left side elements: Current-Lap, Pos, Pos Class, Completed Laps, Est.L. left/Est.L. total
    can be toggled seperately and will auto resize the left side

• Added a "PitLimiter Blink" function to the MoTec Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Speed in MPH" function to the MoTec Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings between MPH (Miles per Hour) or KMH (Kilometers per Hour)
    (Default is KMH)

• Added a "Show Sectors as time" function to the Delta Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)
  • Added a "Last Lap" function to the Delta Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Delta Best-Lap in Race" function to the Delta Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)
  • Added a "Show Gaps in secoonds" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)
  • Added a "Show in all Sessions" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Show Car Names" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show Pit-Status in Race" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show Manufacturer Logos" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show Class Logos" funtion to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show UserId of current Player" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)
  • Added a "# Ahead/Behind" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings, to show 1, 2 or 3 Drivers Ahead and Behind of yourself on Track

• Added a "Show Pit-Window" function to the Pitstop Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show Pit-Time only" function to the Pitstop Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Changed the Design of the Pitstop Widget
    (Always ON)

• Added a new "Clock" Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a new "Fuel & Lap Details" Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    See here for more informations:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-additional-features.13152/page-9#post-180313

• Added a "Show Lap Details" function to the Fuel & Lap Details Widget, which can be toggled in the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Show Estimate Time" function to the Fuel & Lap Details Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Fuel-Calc" function to the Fuel & Lap Details Widget
    If you Right-Click on the Fuel & Lap Details Widget, it will open a Fuel-Calculator if enough Data is present. Right Click on the Fuel-Calculator will close it again.

• Added a new "TVTower" Widget, which can be toggle by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show full Lastname" function to the TVTower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)
  • Added a "Change Logo URL" function to the TVTower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    With this function you can change the URL of the Header-Logo to any Logo you want
    Logos should have this size: 502 x 152 (Width x Height)

• Added a "Show Logo" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)
    This allows you to Show/Hide The Logo on the top of the TV Tower

• Added a "Show Session Info" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide informations about the current Session, such as, Session type, Session length remain, Flag Informations

• Added a "Show Pit-Window Info" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide informations about Pit-Window Status, if the Race currently running has a Mandatory Pit-Stop set. The Pit-Window message will disappear once you served your Mandatory Pit-Stop

• Added a "Show Manufacturer Logos" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide the Logos for the Car Manufacturers for all Drivers

• Added a "Show Tire Infos" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide the currently used Tires for all Drivers

• Added a "Show Pit-Status Indicators" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide information about Pit-Stauts for all Drivers, such as, Driver is in the Pit's, Indicator if the Driver has (green), or has not (red) served his Mandatory Pit-Stop
    Mandatory Pit Indicators will only be shown when the Server has set the Mandatory Pit-Stop option
    They will not be shown before the Pit-Window opens.

• Added a "Show only Own Class" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default OFF)

This will allow you, in a Multi-Class Race, to only Show Drivers in your own Class

• Added a "Show full Driver Grid" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This will allow you to Show the full Grid of Drivers or a shortened version with a total of 10 Drivers, which then contains:
    Podium Positions + 7 Drivers

• Added a "Show Stopped Drivers" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide Drivers which stopped for different reasons, such as, DNQ (Did not Qualify), DNS (Did not Start), DNF (Dit not Finish), DQ (Disqualified)
    The stopped Drivers will only be shown in the "Full Driver Grid" (See function above)

• Added a Chequered Flag Indicator to the TV Tower Widget for each Driver, which shows if a Driver crossed the Finish line and thereby completed his Race

• Added "Fastest Lap" indicators to the TV Tower Widget for all Classes in a Multi-Class Race
    The oberall fastest Lap is shown in purple, the fastest Lap in a class is shown in the Class-Color

• Added a new "Track Info" Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Track Name & Details" function to the Track Info Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Show Corner Names" function to the Track Info Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Changed behaviour of the Starting Lights
    The Starting Lights will now turn Green again when the Race starts and will automatic hide 3 seconds later, instead of disappearing without showing Green, for better immersion

• Added a "LOW PERFORMANCE MODE" to the Settings Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default OFF)
    If enabled this will reduce the update rate for specific Widgets to a lower Rate.
    The overall performance is increasing but the Hud itself still looks smooth(ish)

• Added a "Show all Widgets" function to the Settings Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default OFF)
    If you enable this Mode, the WebHud will turn ON all available Widgets in the current set position and size.
    You can then Enable/Disable/Move/Resize them to your liking.
    Dont forget to turn OFF all Widgets you dont want.
    If your satisfied with your Layout, just disable the Mode again and your changes get saved.

• Added Switchable Layouts to the HUD
    You can now select between 3 different Layout sets
    Each Layout can be customized and saved by it's own
    You can select between the 3 Layouts on the Left side with the "L1" "L2" and "L3" buttons, or use the Hotkey to switch between them
    Forward: SHIFT + RIGHTARROW
    Backward: SHIFT + LEFTARROW
  • Added a new Hotkey "SHIFT + UPARROW"
    This will make the HUD Invisible/Visible like the Eye-Button on the left side does

• Added a new Hotkey "SHIFT + DOWNARROW"
    This will reset the currently selected HUD-Layout to default values

• Feature addition: Performance Mode has 3 stages now, with different update rates and special settings to each Widget
    LOW (15 updates/second) | NORMAL (30 updates/second) | HIGH (60 updates/second)

e2v61uhas3.png
uz0rdejigi.png

OtterHUD Release Thread

Last edited:
So when are we going to have a hud or anything else that actually list your lap times during a race and remains after so that you can see what you did. Especially with an online race or practice. Maybe I'm missing something but I can't seem to find that information anywhere. It seems that it is there but goes away instantly before I get a chance to see it! I really like this Hud but hopefully it can provide that info on an after race or practice session.

WebHUDs will not provide the functionality you want. They are only able to display data while you are driving on the track. When you are in the pits using the menus, R3E disables the WebHUD functionality so there is no way for it to display anything. WebHUD developers can't do anything about this.

There are other solutions for recording your lap times though. There are various third-party apps which can record and save all sorts of telemetry data. I don't use them myself, but a quick search here or via Google will quickly find you some options.

Thanks for the reply and I will look for the apps. Seems like it would be something that could be added to R3E functionality without too much bother but maybe it is harder than I think. Hope the devs look at it someday soon. It can only add to the enjoyment of doing online races with the sim. I do like the leaderboards/ghost challenge for race practice but having a way to see a series of lap times and telemetry would make it better for driving improvement! Thanks again for the quick answer.

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't seem to find that information anywhere. It seems that it is there but goes away instantly before I get a chance to see it! I really like this Hud but hopefully it can provide that info on an after race or practice session.
No you are not missing something.
The Raceroom devs have decided that listing the individual laptimes isnt something that is nessesary in a socalled racing sim.

You have to be satisfied with the simple display of the sessions single fastest laptime. :thumbsup:

The Raceroom devs have decided that listing the individual laptimes isnt something that is nessesary in a socalled racing sim.
Well, thanks for the answer! To bad I have to be right this time :confused:
I can see each lap time so you would think it would be stored someplace that you could at least get it before you leave the session. Oh well, who knows where that decision came from but it does seem a bit silly.

I don't think that was an official decision that was made, to be honest. It's just something they didn't include, and now isn't a major priority to add in. Maybe sooner or later they'll overhaul the whole menu system, at which point things like this can be looked at.

I can see each lap time so you would think it would be stored someplace that you could at least get it before you leave the session. Oh well, who knows where that decision came from but it does seem a bit silly.
Agree fully - its a fu** nuisance:sneaky:
Hehe but what is even more fu :) is that it IS actually stored. Because some of the 3rd part "telemetry"/HUD apps can display and hold these individual laptimes.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The reason I personally dont use such 3rd party "toys" is because I have been bitten by THE master 3rd party telemetry tool MoteC - and therefore have decided I will not be using something inferior to this analyzing tool. :p

Back to the Original topic :thumbsup: :D This Hud is really a great piece of work and extremely useful, particularly in VR. Of course I also use it on screen when doing online racing if I'm not in VR.
Thanks to both Sector 3 for providing the overlay ability and to @OtterNas3 for this fine piece of work (I assume he is the author although there may be others)! I have to admit that I'm still a bit confused by the Delta part and use it when practicing and racing to check if different lines help or hurt. Never sure what the Delta is actually referring to but I think I just need to research this a bit further. @BrunoB I agree that the MoteC tool is excellent but I'm just not smart enough to use it fully yet. Much more work to do before I can actually use it to improve my setups. Well, that is the joy of Sim Racing - always more to learn and improve on!

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The reason I personally dont use such 3rd party "toys" is because I have been bitten by THE master 3rd party telemetry tool MoteC - and therefore have decided I will not be using something inferior to this analyzing tool.
Hmm... then it doesn't actually matter that R3E doesn't have telemetry displays, because no sim will every provide the detail and functionality of that tool in-game! :p

I have to admit that I'm still a bit confused by the Delta part and use it when practicing and racing to check if different lines help or hurt. Never sure what the Delta is actually referring to but I think I just need to research this a bit further.
@Keith_G, The delta tool compares your current lap to your current best lap. The time displayed is how much faster (green) or slower (red) you are overall. The bar that changes length and colour shows you how much faster (green) or slower (red) you are at that particular point on the track. That's the part which can show you if different lines are faster/slower in real-time. The three coloured bars that appear as you driver are sector time indicators. Grey means you didn't improve your sector time, green means you did, purple means you're the fastest in that sector of those that have set a lap time.

That's how it works in practice and qualifying. If memory serves it functions slightly differently in race sessions, but I'll have to check since I don't normally have it displayed during a race.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The reason I personally dont use such 3rd party "toys" is because I have been bitten by THE master 3rd party telemetry tool MoteC - and therefore have decided I will not be using something inferior to this analyzing tool.
Hmm... then it doesn't actually matter that R3E doesn't have telemetry displays, because no sim will every provide the detail and functionality of that tool in-game! :p
Not fully correct. :thumbsup:
The simple idea Im advocating is just the same as some small 3rd party guys has made for rF2, ACC, GTR2 and iRacing.
Because they have created a lil app that translate the telemetry output from the 4 sims to MoteCs own telemetry input format.
And the reason this doesnt produce a lawsuit from MoteC is because this great australian company has decided that virtual racers using the free version of MoteC gives the company A LOT of good free advertising compared to the huge BAD ad they would get if they took these small devs to court.:whistling:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I had some talk with a prog guy who looked at Racerooms "telemetry" API(Shared Memory API) and he said that creating such a converter from Raceroom to the MoteC format would be easy enough.
Hehe but he would much better like to make a payed online Raceroom telemetry service himself.
Exactly what Im not interested in. :sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
One super-dumb questions (I know about "no question is dumb", but trust me here :roflmao:). How can I open settings for this WebHUD?
I use it for a long time and just keep everything on the screen. Which doesn't bother me, as I can see the road and cars around me.:cool: But I would like to remove some things or to move them around screen.

One super-dumb questions (I know about "no question is dumb", but trust me here :roflmao:). How can I open settings for this WebHUD?
I use it for a long time and just keep everything on the screen. Which doesn't bother me, as I can see the road and cars around me.:cool: But I would like to remove some things or to move them around screen.
If you move the cursor while on track, a little settings icon appears near the top left corner.

Edit: And you can also use the mouse to move and resize the elements, you can drag-and-drop them with a left click and resize them with the scroll button.

Last edited:
Well, thanks for the answer! To bad I have to be right this time :confused:

You should try www.simracingdata.com then. This is exactly what you are looking for. The tools records your laptimes and telemetry and makes it avaliable through the page

@filthz
At least conserning individual laptimes the Raceroom dec upd have solved this issue perfect.:thumbsup:
Inside the garage/setup menu its now possible to see both the individual laptimes in a session and also the fastest of the session.
Sounds like the devs are actually listening to critical users - hehe and not so much to people saying that this former lack of individual laptimes was no problemo:sneaky:

Mod Edit: Removed a term which would only cause unnecessary backlash.

Last edited by a moderator:
@filthz
At least conserning individual laptimes the Raceroom dec upd have solved this issue perfect.:thumbsup:
Inside the garage/setup menu its now possible to see both the individual laptimes in a session and also the fastest of the session.

Wasnt aware as I dont race RR a lot. Now they need to add live telemetry and comparison of laps between users and they copied my tool ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.6%