OtterHud - An R3E WebHUD

Introducing OtterHUD, a new and improved in-game HUD for use with R3E. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the default in-game HUD and I would recommend that everyone uses it, quite frankly. The list of features is excellent and it's getting good support from it's creator.

The easiest way to get OtterHUD working is to use Crew Chief's own WebHUD integration feature. You can find it as a tickbox in the Properties menu.

ccd-jpg.307808

Once you've done that, you need to add the following line to your R3E launch options in Steam:
Code:
-webdev -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/

With that done, just start Crew Chief as normal, start R3E, and disable the regular in-game HUD. It's really no longer needed as OtterHUD is a direct replacement. The one exception is the track map, as it's the only feature OtterHUD does not have. Now jump into the cockpit of your favourite car, and enjoy! The HUD is fully customisable and resizable by clicking the cog icon which appears in the upper-left corner.

The current feature list is far too long at this point, so...
  • Version-Number will now be shown in the Settings
  • Performance improved alot! CPU usage went down to ~2% from 9+%

• Added a "Show Inner & Outer" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings.
    (Default ON)

• Added a "Show Tire-Temp numbers" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings.
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Tire-Temp in Celsius" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings between Celsius or Fahrenheit
    (Default is Celsius)
  • Added a "Show Tire-Wear numbers" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Show Tire-Pressure numbers" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Tire-Pressure in PSI" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings between kPa (kilo Pascal) or PSI (Pound-force per square inch)
    (Default is PSI)
  • Added a "Show Tire Est. Laps-Left" function to the Tires Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)
  • Added showing the Tire-Wear per Lap to the Tires Widget

• Added a "Auto Hide" function to the Radar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "New Design" to the Radar Widget.
    (Always ON)

This will make the look and feel of the Widget more like AC's Heli-Corsa.

• Added a "Completed Laps" function to the Position-Bar Widget, which can be toggled in the Settings.
    (Default is ON)
  • Added a "Only show 5 Ahead/Behind" function to the Position-Bar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    Mostly for VR Users to make the Position-Bar bigger

• Added a "Show Standings" function to the Position Bar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)
    This allows you to Show/Hide the Drivers in the Position Bar

• Added "Show Estimated Laps left" to the Position Bar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)
  • Added a "Show Estimated Laps" to the Position Bar Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)
  • Position-Bar: Seperated the "Position" into "Position" and "Position in Class"
  • Position-Bar: Left side elements: Current-Lap, Pos, Pos Class, Completed Laps, Est.L. left/Est.L. total
    can be toggled seperately and will auto resize the left side

• Added a "PitLimiter Blink" function to the MoTec Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Speed in MPH" function to the MoTec Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings between MPH (Miles per Hour) or KMH (Kilometers per Hour)
    (Default is KMH)

• Added a "Show Sectors as time" function to the Delta Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)
  • Added a "Last Lap" function to the Delta Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Delta Best-Lap in Race" function to the Delta Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)
  • Added a "Show Gaps in secoonds" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)
  • Added a "Show in all Sessions" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Show Car Names" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show Pit-Status in Race" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show Manufacturer Logos" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show Class Logos" funtion to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show UserId of current Player" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)
  • Added a "# Ahead/Behind" function to the Relative Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings, to show 1, 2 or 3 Drivers Ahead and Behind of yourself on Track

• Added a "Show Pit-Window" function to the Pitstop Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show Pit-Time only" function to the Pitstop Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Changed the Design of the Pitstop Widget
    (Always ON)

• Added a new "Clock" Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a new "Fuel & Lap Details" Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    See here for more informations:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-additional-features.13152/page-9#post-180313

• Added a "Show Lap Details" function to the Fuel & Lap Details Widget, which can be toggled in the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Show Estimate Time" function to the Fuel & Lap Details Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Fuel-Calc" function to the Fuel & Lap Details Widget
    If you Right-Click on the Fuel & Lap Details Widget, it will open a Fuel-Calculator if enough Data is present. Right Click on the Fuel-Calculator will close it again.

• Added a new "TVTower" Widget, which can be toggle by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)

• Added a "Show full Lastname" function to the TVTower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is OFF)
  • Added a "Change Logo URL" function to the TVTower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    With this function you can change the URL of the Header-Logo to any Logo you want
    Logos should have this size: 502 x 152 (Width x Height)

• Added a "Show Logo" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)
    This allows you to Show/Hide The Logo on the top of the TV Tower

• Added a "Show Session Info" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide informations about the current Session, such as, Session type, Session length remain, Flag Informations

• Added a "Show Pit-Window Info" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide informations about Pit-Window Status, if the Race currently running has a Mandatory Pit-Stop set. The Pit-Window message will disappear once you served your Mandatory Pit-Stop

• Added a "Show Manufacturer Logos" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide the Logos for the Car Manufacturers for all Drivers

• Added a "Show Tire Infos" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide the currently used Tires for all Drivers

• Added a "Show Pit-Status Indicators" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide information about Pit-Stauts for all Drivers, such as, Driver is in the Pit's, Indicator if the Driver has (green), or has not (red) served his Mandatory Pit-Stop
    Mandatory Pit Indicators will only be shown when the Server has set the Mandatory Pit-Stop option
    They will not be shown before the Pit-Window opens.

• Added a "Show only Own Class" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default OFF)

This will allow you, in a Multi-Class Race, to only Show Drivers in your own Class

• Added a "Show full Driver Grid" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This will allow you to Show the full Grid of Drivers or a shortened version with a total of 10 Drivers, which then contains:
    Podium Positions + 7 Drivers

• Added a "Show Stopped Drivers" function to the TV Tower Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default ON)

This allows you to Show/Hide Drivers which stopped for different reasons, such as, DNQ (Did not Qualify), DNS (Did not Start), DNF (Dit not Finish), DQ (Disqualified)
    The stopped Drivers will only be shown in the "Full Driver Grid" (See function above)

• Added a Chequered Flag Indicator to the TV Tower Widget for each Driver, which shows if a Driver crossed the Finish line and thereby completed his Race

• Added "Fastest Lap" indicators to the TV Tower Widget for all Classes in a Multi-Class Race
    The oberall fastest Lap is shown in purple, the fastest Lap in a class is shown in the Class-Color

• Added a new "Track Info" Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Track Name & Details" function to the Track Info Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Added a "Show Corner Names" function to the Track Info Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default is ON)

• Changed behaviour of the Starting Lights
    The Starting Lights will now turn Green again when the Race starts and will automatic hide 3 seconds later, instead of disappearing without showing Green, for better immersion

• Added a "LOW PERFORMANCE MODE" to the Settings Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default OFF)
    If enabled this will reduce the update rate for specific Widgets to a lower Rate.
    The overall performance is increasing but the Hud itself still looks smooth(ish)

• Added a "Show all Widgets" function to the Settings Widget, which can be toggled by the Settings
    (Default OFF)
    If you enable this Mode, the WebHud will turn ON all available Widgets in the current set position and size.
    You can then Enable/Disable/Move/Resize them to your liking.
    Dont forget to turn OFF all Widgets you dont want.
    If your satisfied with your Layout, just disable the Mode again and your changes get saved.

• Added Switchable Layouts to the HUD
    You can now select between 3 different Layout sets
    Each Layout can be customized and saved by it's own
    You can select between the 3 Layouts on the Left side with the "L1" "L2" and "L3" buttons, or use the Hotkey to switch between them
    Forward: SHIFT + RIGHTARROW
    Backward: SHIFT + LEFTARROW
  • Added a new Hotkey "SHIFT + UPARROW"
    This will make the HUD Invisible/Visible like the Eye-Button on the left side does

• Added a new Hotkey "SHIFT + DOWNARROW"
    This will reset the currently selected HUD-Layout to default values

• Feature addition: Performance Mode has 3 stages now, with different update rates and special settings to each Widget
    LOW (15 updates/second) | NORMAL (30 updates/second) | HIGH (60 updates/second)

e2v61uhas3.png
uz0rdejigi.png

OtterHUD Release Thread

Last edited:
I too am a big fan of this HUD though I do have one quibble. If I go a little too far over kerbs - even when within limits and my laptime still counts - the vertical collection of icons to get into settings and multiple HUD selection appears for a few seconds. I find it rather annoying/distracting. Anyway to turn this off or make it so it only appears, say, when you're stopped?

Anyway to turn this off or make it so it only appears, say, when you're stopped?
Unfortunately not. I had a similar issue some time ago which I discussed with the author, and he lowered the sensitivity which helped stop it happening so much. It still does sometimes though. Perhaps try posting the issue in the main thread on the S3 forums and see if he's willing to take another look at it?

I will do that. Ross - do you happen to know if there's a way to at least make those icons show to the far left of the screen? I use a 32:9 screen and if it appears at the far left, I'll at least notice it less.

do you happen to know if there's a way to at least make those icons show to the far left of the screen?
I may be wrong here, but I think the WebHUDs are restricted to a 16:9 box in the centre of your view regardless of what resolution you're running the game in. The reason I say this is because I run R3E in VR, yet I can only place WebHUD widgets within a "box" in front of me. I can't place them all over VR space, or even in an area that would correspond to the width of my headset looking dead ahead.

Of course, the size of this "box" might be down to the person who developed the WebHUD, I don't know. You'd have to confirm that with someone that knows how these HUDs work, because I unfortunately don't.

I don't know if I am missing something, but is there a way to show the overall fastest lap in a session set on track, not just my fastest lap ?
I'm not sure that there is no, at least, not that I'm aware of. I think you can tell the delta widget to show the difference compared to the best lap of the race, but that's it.

Conserning this "individual laptime" issue I think Raceroom has solved it more or less 100% by the dec update.:thumbsup:
The only issue left is on Lakeview in LB mode - where you can not see any individual laptimes either on track or in garage.
You can only see your own absolute best when you are out on track.

The result is that if you as me try to optimize the LB setup by a notation of how fast you are able to drive with a certain setup - then you have no laptime to note.
Because the game is only showing the overall best.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Yeah yeah I could probably download some 3rd party app to show individual laptimes also on Lakeview - but I prefer to keep the install as simple as possible. And I guess too that the way Raceroom has solved this issue on more normal tracks - they will/could also solve it here.:whistling:

Lakeview is a point-to-point hillclimb rather than a lapping track, so that probably has a lot to do with it. It's certainly not an OtterHUD issue so I'm not sure why you're posting about it here.

Ahoy mateys! I've been loving this brilliant OtterHUD but I'm having a little issue (almost certainly my own user error) where two widgets I consider pretty important are not updating and just sit statically onscreen: the pedals and wheel input reporting, and the main session clock. I'm sure I've just missed something simple. Any ideas where I've gone wrong?

Ahoy mateys! I've been loving this brilliant OtterHUD but I'm having a little issue (almost certainly my own user error) where two widgets I consider pretty important are not updating and just sit statically onscreen: the pedals and wheel input reporting, and the main session clock. I'm sure I've just missed something simple. Any ideas where I've gone wrong?
You might have "Show All Widgets" highlighted in the settings.

I've realised today (setting up a new car) that it doesn't seem to be showing anywhere on screen the changes that I'm making to brake balance and traction control mid-lap. I'm pretty sure it used to flash up somewhere.

Not having any notification of these makes tweaking them outside the pits near impossible. Any ideas?

As I said, I don't remember it being a problem before? (And yep, buttons are mapped correctly, as when I do return to pits I can see that BB has actually changed).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%