Other options than Fanatec (Same Price)

I have a G920 and want to upgrade to better kit. I was going to bite the bullet on Friday for Fanatec stuff but their warranty poor service and likely hood to fail really scares me. Are there any other stuff at that price point that will work with my Creative Minds hub so I can use on PC/PS4/Xbox?

Or do I take the risk on Fanatec?

Cheers

Whats wrong with their warranty? Service has always been great as far as I am concerned. They do seem to have their fair share of techinical issues but if you start googling Thrustmaster & Logitech you will find the same complaints.

Upvote 0
I have had 2 Logitech wheels in the past and one crapped itself after 4 months, I have a Thrustmaster t500, wheel is good but the t3pa pedals stopped working properly after only around 3 months. I have so.e Fanatec csr elite pedals for a couple of years now and they have been faultless so far.

Upvote 0
Thanks James these are the sorts of responses I would like to hear, however have you actually tried to return anything to them?
I've never had to send anything back to them but they've sent me replacement parts, no questions asked.

The only times I've seen people have big issues with warranty is when they live in someplace like Australia where there are big costs and time delays in providing support all the way from Germany.

If your based in Europe, service should be very good. If you live in North America there's probably a slight delay and cost in servicing, if you live anywhere else things start to get tricky. Through no fault of Fanatec.

Upvote 0
Racingenthusiat

Is there a place that will sell a complete kit as such with SW7? With wheel and pedals etc... to work on PC/PS4/PS3/XboxOne (I do have a creative minds hub).

Thanks

Upvote 0
Racingenthusiat

Is there a place that will sell a complete kit as such with SW7? With wheel and pedals etc... to work on PC/PS4/PS3/XboxOne (I do have a creative minds hub).

Thanks

Do not think there are any places that sell wheel and pedals with it unfortunately. But it will work on consoles if you use gimxadapter https://blog.gimx.fr/official-gimx-shop/.

Personally what I learnt from sim racing is be patient and save money to get high quality products. There is no point spending like £600 on a bundle which will probably only last 3-5 years and has fade i.e. the force feed back becomes weaker over time. When you can spend a little more on something that will last forever.

I just wish I knew that before I wasted my money. I started off with g29 £180 nothing was wrong with it but I wanted something with better ffb etc.

So I went fanatec csl elite bundle £470, it was an improvement, nothing special though and the pedals where rubbish. My brake pedal snapped at the bottom after 1 week. It took a lot of convincing before fanatec actually decided to repair it for me, they where extremely hard to deal with. But okay they fixed it in the end, the new pedals they sent back worked for 2months then the sensors went bad and the wheel base itself got weak after hours of continuis play the feeling started to go. Therefore, endurance racing was no fun at all. In the end I just gave it to my brother.

Then came my next wheel the TS-PC racer £460, it was okay, FFB was not mind blowing about the same as fanatec wheel. It still faded after hours of play but did last longer. The pedals where average but better built than fanatec ones. I had no issues with it overall but it just did not feel 'amazing', so I sold it for around £330.

Then I just stopped sim racing and started saving money to get something great that would truly make me a happy sim racer

I ended up getting an, osw, and heusinkveld pedals

OSW from sim racing bay (amazing customer service), the force feedback blew my mind, the smoothness blew my mind, the fact that it made no noise blew my mind. It works so hard but never gets hot and the forcefeedback no matter how much you play stays strong!

Then I got heusinkveld pedals (amazing customer service), they are amazing, the feel is realistic, the accuracy is tremendous the build quality is out of this world.

Honestly getting such high end gear was worth every penny I spent and the months I waited and saved money for. I now can sit in my sim rig in peace and happyness, with no issues, noises, breakdowns or complaints. I also can jump out of the rig with the peace of mind that the items I have will last forever and if anything does go wrong the people who sold them to me are the best in the business at customer service.

So in the end patience and saving that extra money pays off

Upvote 0
Personally what I learnt from sim racing is be patient and save money to get high quality products. There is no point spending like £600 on a bundle which will probably only last 3-5 years and has fade i.e. the force feed back becomes weaker over time. When you can spend a little more on something that will last forever.
I'd kind of agree with you, the only problem is the costs add up and might put people off. At least going for a cheaper set up allows people to try it out without getting too heavily invested. Sure the gear might not last much longer than the standard 2 year warranty, but it would be worse to spend over a thousand and decide it's not for you.

Of course it could be argued buying the cheap wheel set is a waste of money if you do end up hooked on sim racing. The problem for sim consumers is we have to buy equipment based on other peoples opinions. We can rarely try out the kit before we buy. So it can feel like a gamble spending large chunks of money on something you've never got to see in the real world.

I went for the Clubsport V2.5. I had the option of the CSL but I decided to go for the 2.5 because it was a metal case and I wanted something more robust.

Upvote 0
I have a G920 and want to upgrade to better kit.
What is exactly wrong with your current wheel that you feel the need to "upgrade"? What should this upgrade do for you?

Imo people upgrade too often just of the sake of upgrading. Why replace something that actually works.

Completely ignore me if your wheel is broken, then it's pretty obvious you need another wheel :)

Upvote 0
What is exactly wrong with your current wheel that you feel the need to "upgrade"?

Seriously? It's a geared wheel with low torque capability, so backlash, rattles, etc. Once Thrustmaster and Fanatec showed the way forward for belt-driven wheels at the consumer level circa 2012, the Logitech gear drive showed how flawed the design is at the low-end of the market (and you don't even get an H-shifter anymore!). Well worth upgrading from Logitech IMO if you have any intention of using it on a PC.

No, I'm not being a snob about it. Even a low-end Thrustmaster unit is better in the PC world than the Logitech. At this point, the only thing the Logitech has going for it is durability and the modding capability (but why bother modding if it you can buy something worthwhile in the first place?).

Upvote 0
My G920 Ive had for 3 years, nothing wrong with it, its just notchey, and the pedals are crap.
TBH I have no problem with the noise of it and can even accept the low ish FFB of it, its juts how unsmooth and completely useless the pedals are.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing