osw sw20 v2 or Simforce Steering System? (UK)

i am in the UK and looking for DD set up. Confused by everything i read is there any difference between the 2 above systems ? does one have more game compatibility than the other ? any advice more than welcome looking to purchase asap.

After Logitech G25 - G27 - TM T500RS - Fanatec CSL and CSW V2, I now jumped on the OSW train too.
Bought a Small Mige (Biss-C) from SimRacingBay, with shielded cables and a steering wheel from SSRG with Holger Q1R quick release.
Will be shipped as soon as they are available (starting next week - I hope) --- stoked !! :geek:
Wise choice SimRacingBay =great service..and great system..you are in for a big step up over your csw v2......suggestion for you re game set ups watch... Sim Racing SKeijmel..videos on you tube as he has good simcube settings and game settings for most sims

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, check out OSW-SimuCube settings for AC by LAR555 (Granite Devices forums or AC Forums OSW thread). Best FFB in AC to date using the OSW imo.

Big thanks for this. His settings are very close to how I prefer the steering feel to be for my style. I’ll keep a close eye on his updates and others there have great input also. The understeer load up and release is something I just don’t think any of the games have modeled well so we are all trying ways to come close to it but his settings are a great step up for AC users with a Mige.

For others wondering what this is about: https://community.granitedevices.com/t/assetto-corsa-and-simucube/642/204

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Wouldn't Friction Filter just smooth out existing friction effect, not add one, and to my knowledge AC does not use that effect, only constant force and damper when standing still.
For adding you need to use Friction Effect slider on the right side.
Unless it does not work as supposed to and UI messed up.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

The best advise from LARS555 was to disable damper. DAMPER_GAIN=0 in assetto_corsa.ini.
I see that he turned it back on, not sure why as it was very nice fidelity boost.
AC has some bug when damper that should be off when moving still creeps into signal adding some unwanted noise, DAMPER_GAIN=0 fixes that as well as lowered CPU consumption in some systems.
And don't forget to flip Gyro on.

assetto_corsa.ini
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0
DAMPER_GAIN=0

Upvote 0
I believe LAR555's settings are meant to represent FFB for more realistic behavior and feeling and I think it does that nicely. He's a driving instructor in RL and also uses AC for training purposes so his goal for FFB may differ somewhat from our own but, I think it also moves AC FFB with the OSW a bit closer to rF2 / AMS / iRacing by reducing the understeer effect.

I prefer to mix in some Road bumps and Slip effect but, it seems to work really well with most of the cars I've tried so far. While some of the finer FFB detail may be traded for realism, it does seem to have the side benefit of being more convincing FFB and immersive imo.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back