OSW small or large Mige

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Balroque, May 30, 2017.

1. Balroque

Balroque

Ratings:
    +8
    Im still confused. When you decide to go OSW way is better to go for small MiGE 130ST-M10010 or large MiGE 130ST-M15015? Price difference is minor and there is a saying Bigger is better..
    But obviously not in every case Someone is saying 10010 has faster response and torque is more then enough..

Any thoughts? thx :)

2. rocafella1978

rocafella1978
    Premium

Ratings:
    +106
    i am very happy with small MiGE. i think it is more then enough, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Balroque

Balroque

Ratings:
    +8
    thsnks mate

4. Moxley6969

Moxley6969

Ratings:
    +214
    Small Mige All the way!!! Just get a little more wattage on the PSU and you can OC the Small mige up to 26nm. Zero point for a 30+nm unless your explicitly trying to replicate particular cars in Very particular situations.

5. Balroque

Balroque

Ratings:
    +8
    great thanks Moxley6969 for response

Any idea where to get whole package in states? It seems all of them coming from Europe

6. millen

millen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +176
    I have a large MiGe, was all that was available at the time i purchased, and would also say a small would be plenty. :p

Only had mine up full, with a Ioni Pro, not HC, a couple of times... was mental!

I am running it at about 60% of it's capabilities now I think... Running the MiGe at full with Granity/MMoS, but usually have in game FFB down to 60%...

7. Nick Gregory

Nick Gregory
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +557
    "Small" is an understatement when talking about the "small" MiGe motor.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sigmar Bomar

Sigmar Bomar

Ratings:
    +22
    Simracingbay ships to US. Tomo has very good reputation in iracing forums, I also got my setup from him.
    Small mige should be more than enough. I use it at around 60% force (Granite settings, mmos 100%) and make small adjustments in iRacing for each car.

9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +82
    Small, for sure, you'll never use it at full power, granted. But it's more efficient, you don't need crazy PSU, and more nimble.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Balroque

Balroque

Ratings:
    +8
    thanks for your inputs guys

11. winet

winet

Ratings:
    +10
    The small motor is more than enough. I reduced the amperage on my small Mige because I was afraid it would break my wrist. Until you own an OSW you can't comprehend the amount of power these things have

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. woz smith

woz smith

Ratings:
    +3
    alright there just wondering if you looked into the encoder? just brought my self the small took the back plate of and luckily its the 10,000ppr.
    I did have a go on small before my purchase and yeh plenty of muscle there! would have cost only £60 extra for the large.