Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

OSW purchase / build advice needed (for rally sim)

Hello everyone.

Short story: has anyone got experience with accuforce? Or in general any other setup for rally sims?
Long story:
I have been intensively researching this topic for the past week, but the amount of options available is a bit confusing, so I am hoping someone with more experience or with similar requirements will be able to point me in the right direction. I am looking to upgrade from the mainstream g920. I am based in the EU, Hungary.

I am a rally driver IRL, so system compatibility with the Rally titles is a top priority - Dirt Rally, Dirt Rally 2.0 and Assetto Corsa + rFactor via rally mods.

The general opinion I found is that servos with higher torque rating allow for more details. So even if I dont need very strong forces - as all rally cars have powersteering - a stronger motor would allow for better realism.

Other obvious factors: price, availability, user community

So based on reviews and guides I essentially found 3 paths: AccuForce from USA, SimuCube based kits from Europe, or build an OSW using parts from all around.

- AccuForce:
PRO:
-their FFB software, SimCommander, seems to be most advanced - e.g it can use its own game telemetry based FFB and has a wild amount of settings
- supports all the sims I am interested in, seems to have a big user community.

CON:
-599 USD for the DIY kit seems great, but due to shipping costs and the cost of importing + tax I exptect a sum ~930 EUR in Hungary or ~775 EUR if I import it to the UK.
- no response to my communication attempts, I wonder if customer support is any good and if the process of ordering would go smoothly.
- standalone system, so I am not sure about future upgrades.
- single motor option: 13 NM, 10.000 PPR

SimuCube based kits, I found the following to apply to all of them:
PRO: based in the EU, so simple order process; upgradeability (can add biss-c encoder); community, complete kits come with warranty
CON: The compatibility with Dirt Rally products is not out of the box and need some manual fiddling. The common FFB software - mmos - looks very simplistic, not a lot of features - at least compared to SimCommander.

- simplicity: PRO: the SW20 V3 is 675 EUR with the 9 weeks delivery or 775 with 1 week delivery + 40 EUR shipping. Their FFB software looks even more minimalistic than MMOS.
- simracingbay: old kits are out of stock, the new V2 is currently not available (next batch in August). Price is on the higher end, I havent found much about their "New Simucube Software" and sim compatibility.
- augury: there is a 30NM option, but price is on the expensive side. 1090 EUR + shipping.
- simtechracing: only 20NM option, but comes with Biss C, a bit cheaper than Augury

SimuCube based DIY OSW
In general, I am not 100% confident what are all the parts I needs. Based on the complete kits, and the simucube wiki, I need the following parts:
- IONI pro 179 EUR
- SimuCube 169 EUR
- Power Supply: NDR-480 for 121 EUR or SDR 489 for 171 EUR
- Servo Motor: MiGe, 20 NM or 30 NM . Unsure about the prices, as I only found these on alibaba and aliexpress, not sure which are correct or uncorrect version of the motor. Starting at 175 EUR
- Biss-C encoder: 100 - 130 EUR, currently unavailable at both Augury and Simracingbay, didnt find other source
- 2x mini usb cables 10 EUR
- not sure about any other cables, plugs, adapter for the shaft to accept wheels ?

In summary, due to the very promising looking FFB software and the low price even with customs fees and import tax, I am lending towards AccuForce. The only thing making me hesitate is the lack of communication, the uncertainty with the order process and the distance (in case of warranty issues). So I would really appreciate any input and expererience regarding any of the kits, or if I got something wrong.

Last edited: