OSW & Heusinkveld Automobilista game setup

I've been banging my head for quite a while because I couldnt get a satisfactory FFB on Automobilista and almost gave up on this incredible simulator because whatever setup I found online, was just so off!
Well today I took quite some time to tweak my settings and got what I feel now like a perfect FFB imo, so I decided to share with who might have similar Rig. (OSW Simucube Small MiGE Sincos encoder & Heusinkveld Pro pedals)

VERY IMPORTANT
Dont edit Controller.ini or ReelFeelPlugin file! They are both at game default settings.

in game settings:

20181025_180615_resized_1.jpg
20181025_180632_resized_1.jpg
20181025_180643_resized_1.jpg

Simucube settings:
20181025_180126_resized_1.jpg
20181025_180146_resized_1.jpg

Heusinkveld DIview pedal settings:

Clutch
20181025_180414_resized_1.jpg

Brake
20181025_180246_resized_1.jpg

Gas
20181025_180314_resized_1.jpg

Heusinkveld Brake pedal default rubber set:
20181025_183241_resized_1.jpg

Audio preferences:
20181025_180544_resized_1.jpg

All of this has given me a truly believable driving experience in the game!
Hope it helps someone:)

Last edited:
Why is your minimum force at 50%? That seems really high. I was running around 20-40% with a T500. Using my accuforce i'm at 5%. Have you tried a bit lower?

Not sure why that is so high but I'll try a lower value and let you know. What I know was that I was feeling the wheel very lose at low-medium speed corners, and very heavy force on high speed sectors, but with that setup it's all gone and it feels just perfect!!!

I have lowered the minimum force value and it didn't make a huge difference but I still prefer to keep it on 50 because it gives me less uneven forces. It might be good to tweak the value with diferent cars. So far I drove most of the official cars with very pleasant FFB.

Using that much min-force is effectively compressing the FFB effects into a smaller range. Have it your way by all means but, it just seems counter to getting the full dynamic benefit from a DD wheel.

I suspect what you refer to as "less uneven" forces is the nature of having so much range to work with but, AMS and rF2 do work better with some tweaks to reduce the extreme effects when running stronger FFB settings.

Using that much min-force is effectively compressing the FFB effects into a smaller range. Have it your way by all means but, it just seems counter to getting the full dynamic benefit from a DD wheel.

I suspect what you refer to as "less uneven" forces is the nature of having so much range to work with but, AMS and rF2 do work better with some tweaks to reduce the extreme effects when running stronger FFB settings.

The better your wheel, the lower the minimum force setting should need to be. You can even run a Fanatec non-DD wheel on 0 or close to 0 (1% or 2% max).

Better to turn overall force levels down than compress the forces with this setting--exactly as @RaceNut says.

By min-force, do you mean the FFB Low Force Boost? And which feedback does this setting compress/eliminate?

I had a race yesterday and a very small and inocent flatspot was making the wheel go crazy, and I was wondering how to fix it (it was a mod; I have not had this issue so severely with the original cars)

By min-force, do you mean the FFB Low Force Boost? And which feedback does this setting compress/eliminate?

I had a race yesterday and a very small and inocent flatspot was making the wheel go crazy, and I was wondering how to fix it (it was a mod; I have not had this issue so severely with the original cars)

If the rest of the FFB was good, then the modder likely used an exaggerated setting for the flat spots. Why would they do this? Likely because they were testing with a much less powerful wheel and/or with bad overall FFB settings in the first place. Use the Reiza cars for judging whether the flats spots are working properly.

FFB is much up to personal reference, I have more or less the same setup but have approach it a different way. Using 100% in SimuCube and 35% in AMS, 0% in min force. Don't think effects other than damping is used, but I have that one around 5%.

But as change of steering range is not supported I have created profiles for different cars or group of cars to match in-game steering rack range. Depending on car (and sometimes track) I tweak the filters to suit my liking, and reduce the force if needed instead of edit the realfeel file.

upload_2019-3-22_8-57-13.png

There is no right or wrong here, just different ways of doing it right :D

If the rest of the FFB was good, then the modder likely used an exaggerated setting for the flat spots. Why would they do this? Likely because they were testing with a much less powerful wheel and/or with bad overall FFB settings in the first place. Use the Reiza cars for judging whether the flats spots are working properly.

Sorry, the second part of my post was just to put things into context :) As I explained, the flatspots feel "ok" to me with the original cars. But my question is:

Sorry, the second part of my post was just to put things into context :) As I explained, the flatspots feel "ok" to me with the original cars. But my question is:

Yes, Low Force Boost is another name for Min-force (as used in other titles). It increases the low-end FFB-effects, mostly in order to address play or short-comings in the FF-wheel mechanism but, can be used to "boost" the effects near the low end of the effect spectrum or near center. You could think of it as the opposite of dead-zone (anti-deadzone). :)

Yes, Low Force Boost is another name for Min-force (as used in other titles). It increases the low-end FFB-effects, mostly in order to address play or short-comings in the FF-wheel mechanism but, can be used to "boost" the effects near the low end of the effect spectrum or near center. You could think of it as the opposite of dead-zone (anti-deadzone). :)

Boy, then that's going down back to zero, it's my arms that need help, not the wheel :D

Awesome, thanks for the clear explanation! :)

See my message above from Nov 3...

I did see it, Marc :) I did not write the whole background events with my reply; I have got in touch with the creator of the mod regarding this issue. He has confirmed that the flatspots are something he will improve for a future update of the mod. Otherwise both he and I (and other users) agree that it is enjoyable when not taking into account the flatspots issue.

He did tell me that his FFB was on 100%, but again I did not ask him what equipment he uses, which again could be a big factor especially if he uses a G27 or G29.

The important thing is that I need to dial down the FFB when driving these cars, and basically (for the time being with this version of the mod) be super gentle on the brakes :rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back