OSW HELP

hey amigos

looking for good settings for the OSW small miGe for RF2 and RR

Im new to the direct drive club, ive got settings punched in and racing but i just want to see if any DD pros out there have different settings from my own

All pointers would be appreciated

muchos gracias

Hi Scott,

UPDATE - re. rF2 read @Ceolmor's very helpful post below and ignore mine as the recent update I alluded to has changed things. I'll be following suit later and can't wait to try the new OSW SimuCube specific profile and settings, especially as I thought rF2's ffb was pretty damn good before!

If you can hang on a bit I'll fire my settings, (SimuCube and in-game), over to you later this afternoon for both.

However, if you haven't already done so, I would suggest you take a look at these YT vids in the meantime, especially the rF2 one as there are some modifications to in-game files that are useful. (Not sure if this is still the case after the latest rF2 update but you'll quickly be able to tell) My own settings differ, especially for RaceRoom, as I find that they are very much down to personal taste because it's not the best in terms of feedback compared to others, although it has it's strong points! But it's a good place to start.

Cheers,

Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For rF2 read this thread rFactor 2 and SimuCUBE
Don't bother with the instructions in the video above or in the early part of the forum about changing the settings in the profile and Controller files because last weekend rF2 was updated with a new OSW_Simucube profile available which has all the settings already done. So, if you setup your OSW for rF2 before last weekend, then do it all again using the new OSW_Simucube profile and do the changes for the new soft lock. See the thread from here . It includes the link to details of the November Update.

For RR read this thread The Raceroom Thread

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use sebs settings in the video's but I think he has updated them with new findings. There may be comments or a description in one of the newer videos that explain. He uses the same settings now for pretty much all the sims, as far as I know. I use them. They feel really good and I've never felt the need to change except for titles that do not set the DOR for steering properly. As of now I think it's Raceroom and AMS. The others, including rF2 thank god finally, now do.

1.png

The in game settings are a little more varied as each title has their own way of doing it. I use NO canned effects. These include gear shift effect, curb effect, damage effect, etc. Raceroom is an odd one to set up so you may need to play with that but the others, basically the only thing I add is a little damping to reduce the harshness of bumps and curbs with the OSW.

Upvote 0
I use sebs settings in the video's but I think he has updated them with new findings. There may be comments or a description in one of the newer videos that explain. He uses the same settings now for pretty much all the sims, as far as I know. I use them. They feel really good and I've never felt the need to change except for titles that do not set the DOR for steering properly. As of now I think it's Raceroom and AMS. The others, including rF2 thank god finally, now do.

View attachment 280449

The in game settings are a little more varied as each title has their own way of doing it. I use NO canned effects. These include gear shift effect, curb effect, damage effect, etc. Raceroom is an odd one to set up so you may need to play with that but the others, basically the only thing I add is a little damping to reduce the harshness of bumps and curbs with the OSW.

TOP MAN thank you for your reply and advise

one other question, on RR what is your FFB MULTIPLIER set at?

Upvote 0
Don't bother with the instructions in the video above or in the early part of the forum about changing the settings in the profile and Controller files because last weekend rF2 was updated with a new OSW_Simucube profile available which has all the settings already done. So, if you setup your OSW for rF2 before last weekend, then do it all again using the new OSW_Simucube profile and do the changes for the new soft lock. See the thread from here . It includes the link to details of the November Update.

CHEERS DUDE ,very helpful

appreciated

Upvote 0
TOP MAN thank you for your reply and advise

one other question, on RR what is your FFB MULTIPLIER set at?

As this is car specific I always set it at 1.0 by default but then tweak upwards if needs be. (This seems the best way of cranking up the FFB assuming let's say you have Overall Strength set to 100% in SimuCube and in-game Force Feeback set at something like 40%. However as @anton_Chez mentions, the in-game FFB settings and effects in RaceRoom are pretty wide ranging and other settings e.g. lateral and vertical force can also affect how strong the FFB feels. It's very much a case of trial and error where that sim is concerned and what feels right for you.

Upvote 0
Yep if you mean the per car multiplier, you need to find what's best for each car. My overall FFB strength in the main control menu for Raceroom is 40%. From there each car will feel very different. I've needed as much as 3.0 on some of them, others only half that. You will feel straight away if it's too light or too heavy when you jump out on track. They stay the same when you leave the track so once you set it once for a given car, and you're happy with it, you don't need to remember it. It saves when you jump back into that car.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing