Resource icon

Cars OSR INDYCAR MOD 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dann Murillo submitted a new resource:

OSR INDYCAR MOD - AMS IndyCar

View attachment 363547
OSR IndyCar is an Automobilista mod based on the 2019 IndyCar. Data comes from Indycar and various reporters, tires are largely based on data from Avon. The OSR IndyCar mod has been in development since May 2018. It uses as much public information as possible.

The mod includes the following features:

• Fully updated to AMS standards (shaders, flatspotting, physics)
  • The RC1 mod includes most of the 2019 teams (one skin per driver and...

Read more about this resource...

Hello,

Please, I have a problem exporting the templates to dds with the photoshop plugin

How can I save the template correctly? I have tried used DXT5 and BC3n and both appears inconsistent

any trick?

Best regards,
David

I know I have leave stars review but :D when I actually install mod - cars don't appear in menu. :notworthy:
And I didn't had any problems with old version.
Any ideas ? :unsure:

Hey Gamer. Sorry you are having issues! I just completely deleted and reinstalled the mod from the RD zip file and it works fine. Maybe delete the previous mod first? I hope you get it going, mate.

Any chance of getting an Aeroscreen attached to this mod? Thanks!

Even if just for aesthetics, as I know the physics for the IndyCars are slightly different thanks to the weight of the aeroscreen.

Also, I wouldn't mind having a go at doing some skinning on this. I've been looking for a new mod for my offline CART seasons, and maybe I could use this! (I might swap out your wonderful engine files with the engine from the CART Extreme mod, no offense. Just more butt kicking to be had with that kind of power lol)

Last edited:
Hey Gamer. Sorry you are having issues! I just completely deleted and reinstalled the mod from the RD zip file and it works fine. Maybe delete the previous mod first? I hope you get it going, mate.

Thanks mate. However, regarding my problem...
just realized that in series folder, in file named indycar.srs you have these lines:

// Game/Season Info:
Mod Name = INDYCAR 2019
Track Filter = StockV8 ReizaGP17
Vehicle Filter = OR: IR18
SafetyCar = CamaroSS_SC.veh

And that's the same in indycar.srs file in old and new mod version, I checked and double checked it.
and in car veh. files (I took example here from the very first team and car - A. Rossi) in file ARossi_IR18.veh you have these lines:

Driver="Alexander Rossi"
Description="IR18: #27 A.Rossi"
Engine="2.2L V6 Turbo"
Manufacturer="Dallara"
Transmission="6-speed Semi-auto"
Extra="The Dallara IR18 is an open-wheel formula racing car for use in the Indy Car Series."
Classes="IC19"

and that's JUST in the latest version on your mod. In which cars are not visible - on my pc.
In older version of mod, with whom I had no problems, we have these lines:

Driver="Alexander Rossi"
Description="IR18: #27 A.Rossi"
Engine="2.2L V6 Turbo"
Manufacturer="Dallara"
Transmission="6-speed Semi-auto"
Extra="The Dallara IR18 is an open-wheel formula racing car for use in the Indy Car Series."
Classes="IR18"

See the difference ? :geek:
Shouldn't that be a problem ? Like I've said Rossi is just first example but it's like that in entire mod...
in old version of .veh files cars have Classes="IR18" and in this latest they are Classes="IC19" class. :cautious:

I'm about to test it by myself and I'll update this, did it solve my problem or not.
But I really don't get it if everyone else actually CAN see the cars ? how ?!? :confused: and why I can't :x3:

Last edited:
Hmm. Looks like the line you are referring to is for championship mode, and yes it appears to be wrong. When you update it to IC19 it fixes that part.

The line that give us opponents in Single Race is this one:
Vehicle Filter = OR: IC19 IC19_League IC19_Addon IC19_2018 IC19_2020 IC19_2021

That one is correct.

So yeah I am not sure why you cannot see opponents either. It should work fine other than in championship mode.

Did you get it working? Sorry for the trouble. Hate for a mod to be any sort of problem.

Last edited:
Hmm. Looks like the line you are referring to is for championship mode, and yes it appears to be wrong. When you update it to IC19 it fixes that part.
The line that give us opponents in Single Race is this one:
Vehicle Filter = OR: IC19 IC19_League IC19_Addon IC19_2018 IC19_2020 IC19_2021
That one is correct.
So yeah I am not sure why you cannot see opponents either. It should work fine other than in championship mode.
Did you get it working? Sorry for the trouble. Hate for a mod to be any sort of problem.
YES !!!
Got it working, with just that first edit of mine, I was just enjoying these great cars. :thumbsup:
Sorry for taking you time, thank you.

IT wasn't just championship mode, this is what that .srs was look like:

// Game/Season Info:
Mod Name = INDYCAR 2019
Track Filter = StockV8 ReizaGP17
Vehicle Filter = OR: IR18
SafetyCar = CamaroSS_SC.veh

Matchmaker = match.reizastudios.com
Matchmaker TCP Port = 40001
Matchmaker UDP Port = 40002
Loading Bar Color = 13244190

Max Opponents = 32 // maximum opponents in practice/quick race/grand prix/championship
Min Championship Opponents = 5 // minimum opponents in championship only

ConfigOverrides
{

}

// Seasons:

Season = IndyCar 2019
{
FullSeasonName = IndyCar 2019
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = |IR18

SceneOrder
{
01 - Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
02 - IndyCar Classic
03 - Grand Prix of Alabama
04 - Grand Prix of Long Beach
05 - IndyCar Grand Prix
06 - Indianapolis 500
07 & 08 - Detroit Grand Prix
09 - DXC Technology 600
10 - Grand Prix at Road America
11 - Honda Indy Toronto
12 - Iowa 300
13 - Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio
14 - ABC Supply 500
15 - Bommarito Automotive Group 500
16 - Grand Prix of Portland
17 - Grand Prix of Monterey
}

And now I've just add "IC19" next to it and it's ok now
Strange. Maybe you could check that latest mod version mate ?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/osr-indycar-mod.32279/

Last edited:
Any chance of getting an Aeroscreen attached to this mod? Thanks!

Even if just for aesthetics, as I know the physics for the IndyCars are slightly different thanks to the weight of the aeroscreen.

Also, I wouldn't mind having a go at doing some skinning on this. I've been looking for a new mod for my offline CART seasons, and maybe I could use this! (I might swap out your wonderful engine files with the engine from the CART Extreme mod, no offense. Just more butt kicking to be had with that kind of power lol)
Hey mate! Sorry, no chance of adding the aero screen to this mod. That would be more like a new mod to take on the form of a 2020 IndyCar.

And I hear you on using the CART engine. That mod is still the greatest of all. :inlove:

Dann Murillo updated OSR INDYCAR MOD with a new update entry:

OSR Indycar v1.3

View attachment 488815
Our IndyCar mod is officially updated to v1.3.

Version 1.3 (July 2021)
• Liveries are all updated to 2021 teams.
• Tire wear reworked, race pace should be more realistic.
• Oval right side tires further refined.
• Speedway draft adjustments made after errors found in testing methods.
• Downforce tweaks, excess downforce removed.
• Damper values reworked, damper calculator spreadsheet included with mod.
• Setup ranges tweaked: Front ARB range extended...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey all! Just passing along that I've been running this mod a bunch offline on twitch.tv/gettingsleepytv as content while I chat with friends/family. And I also created the 2021 skins and talent files, so if anyone is having any trouble getting that stuff to work (because AI racing is incredibly fickle, but can be a good experience), stop by on one of my streams, say hi, and ask any questions :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 220 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%