Osella @ Lastplace.lake - Wednesday February 6th 2013

netkar_osella.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT
Class: Osella PA/21s
Track: Lastplace.lake (Download here)
Weather: dry
Osella skin pack: click here (extract to your nkpro folder)

19:30 GMT: Practice
20:10 GMT: Qualification
20:30 GMT: Race (28 laps) mandatory pit stop

Server and teamspeak password: click here
We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download here). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.
Click this link to login to Teamspeak

Entrylist:
To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
  1. Adam Farmer
  2. Damien Wintz
  3. Sunil Odedra
  4. Senad Subasic
  5. Christian Grzybofski
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

Hey folks!

Great run last night. Really enjoyed it! Shame about the low numbers, but hey ho, AC is on the horizon and shouldn't have that problem at all :) Great track choice btw, I love the flow of it as it ensures the car is pretty much in a constant state of imbalance - very fun!

Adam, I mentioned a NKP specific setup doc from radiator springs that I've been learning from, this is the one:

http://www.radiators-champ.com/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=5&view=finish&cid=60&catid=7

One of the key things that I've lacked in my past setups has been correct use of camber to make sure that the car sits properly after lowering it or adjusting the suspension. The pdf above details how to read tire temps in the nkp garage to determine the optimum camber settings. Hope you find it useful!

Anyways, I'll be trying out the setup that you mentioned above :)

Cheers
Sunil

It was fun indeed, and this track is awesome. The first corner and the chicane just before the bridge are very technical.

As for the setup, I really liked Adam's tip, adjusting the field of view to 50ish degrees (single screen) and the final gear ratio to 3.3:1 gave me plenty of room to tackle with the 1:19's, and one could have done better with more practice I am sure. With the stock setup I couldn't do better than 1:22 without spinning every now and then.

I had a problem with tire wear though, after half a dozen laps, I couldn't get the car to stay stable, especially in the last corner where having a good grip is mandatory to keep the momentum.

I really enjoyed that! Amazing to have so much fun with only 3 cars on track! Thanks guys. I made only one little mistake in the whole race – so I’m really pleased with my consistency – it’s only taken me 2 years to get to this point!

Christian, you should have raced – there was plenty of free track to be spinning around on!

Sunil: Thanks for the link – I’ll have a good look at it and will hopefully learn something. Cambers does seem like the next thing to tackle after gear ratios.
Damien: Yes – that’s exactly what I did – changing the final gear ratio is the limit of my knowledge!
Senad: Good combo, but, we miss you on track – sound proof your room!

It was fun indeed, and this track is awesome. The first corner and the chicane just before the bridge are very technical.

As for the setup, I really liked Adam's tip, adjusting the field of view to 50ish degrees (single screen) and the final gear ratio to 3.3:1 gave me plenty of room to tackle with the 1:19's, and one could have done better with more practice I am sure. With the stock setup I couldn't do better than 1:22 without spinning every now and then.

I had a problem with tire wear though, after half a dozen laps, I couldn't get the car to stay stable, especially in the last corner where having a good grip is mandatory to keep the momentum.

Back to the drawing board for me! Need to get my setup sorted. Was baffled as to what lines you guys were taking but I think my setup was too specific to the track I set it up for (Acosta). Didn't suffer from tire degradation so much, just lack of grip lol.

Damien, did you tune your setup using one of the default setups? Is it far different? I'm trying to learn as it sounds like you have an excellent qualifier setup there!

Will have I try the fov at 50, I'm used to 65 now as it helps with seeing cars either side. I guess 50 helps with speed perception thus helps timing of braking and acceleration out of corners?

Ahh... My final gearing ratio was not setup... I'll try 3.3:1 tonight and let you all know!

Dunno if you get the quote but you guys are both "Fricken Prawns"! Lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years