Resource icon

Misc OSD Mod, No session legend etc. (Re-Issue) 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
Graham Laing submitted a new resource:

OSD Mod, No session legend etc. (Re-Issue) - removal of some OSD items from the screen

@NeoStuey

This is a re-issue of this OSD mod by NeoStuey. It was originally uploaded under our old download system, which has since been removed. The mod has been re-issued on request. All the text that follows was originally posted by NeoStuey

Graham Laing F1 2012 Staff

Hello all, :)

Please skip to the second paragraph unless you want to read my extremely bloated introduction.

First time posting here and wanted to...

Read more about this resource...

Nice mod. Although I like the information on the screen I do wonder if it is possible to have the information much neater and into the corners deeper than they currently are. So for example the lap time display shown in the left top corner much farther into the corner than it currently is, the same for the sector times in the right top corner and the DRS indicator on the bottom left much neater into the corner as they are quite obtrusive by default but it is info I rely on.

Can you upload a mod like it? I have no idea how I can change it myself.

@Scott Tanner

I should tell you that the mod isn't supported anymore (as far as I can see). It was just re-issued because the old download link was dead, and someone wanted the mod.

The original modder has not visited the website for the past 4 months.

Cheers :)

@Scott Tanner I have my doubts anyone had yet found a way to move the OSD stuff around. I don't even find the scripts for lighting the damage info or changing the OSD LEDs. We may be able to deactivate stuff and mod the underlayers like making them transparent or not rectangular. But moving anything around means to screw in the program's code, which file it even be.

hey,
nice work by the way... :)
is it possible with the osd mod, to get the mini map on top of the screen between names and rounds?? then looks the cockpit view cleaner :)

hey,
nice work by the way... :)
is it possible with the osd mod, to get the mini map on top of the screen between names and rounds?? then looks the cockpit view cleaner :)

This mod is not supported anymore, it was re-uploaded (as is) to fulfil a request.

The original modder has not been around for nearly 8 months .......

OSD Transparency Options F1 2012
Edited for adding its new link as a RD download resource now:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/osd-transparency-options.80099/

Derived from the same two frontend folder's *_osd.pssg files in this mod, and available as replacements.

Mods: Since RD member NeoStuey has not visited this forum for months, I hope this improvement can remain available to our community. If he was still active and login in often, I would have asked him for it, or asked permission to do it myself. Thanks.

The 2 versions included in the download have their own separate folders named:

1- See_Through_OSD_Invisible_Quick_Menu
-Temperature
vbvx.png

-Damage, Tyre wear & Pitstop
jxqu.png

-Informations
b4by.png

Pre-planned PITSTOP
60ag.png

2- See_Through_OSD_Transparent_Quick_Menu
lxge.png

9rge.png

n3b7.png

27+MB .zip file at MediaFire: New link to RD DOWNLOAD also provided down thread.
Link removed - Moderator

Last edited:
@Salut Gilles

Thanks for the updated mod, but can you please upload it to RD separately and not as a add-on to this thread.

Just add the credit to @NeoStuey once you have uploaded the mod.

I have removed your link from your post, but left the details there so that you can copy and paste all your pictures and text into your new upload

Cheers :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Salut Gilles

Thanks for the updated mod, but can you please upload it to RD separately and not as a add-on to this thread.

Just add the credit to @NeoStuey once you have uploaded the mod.

I have removed your link from your post, but left the details there so that you can copy and paste all your pictures and text into your new upload

Cheers :thumbsup:

Thanks! I will proceed to do that as soon as I can (in an hour or two), and improve the structure of the downloaded folders, with fewer pictures (for size), real Original Backup files, and instructions on how to copy the mods or restore originals.

Happy New Year!! :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing