Oschersleben

Tracks Oschersleben 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

Fuzo

TM-Modding
Fuzo submitted a new resource:

Oschersleben - Motorsport Arena Oschersleben, German multipurpose track

Oschersleben for Assetto Corsa By Fuzo (ACCentral.cz Modding team) - Conversion from rFactor 2 with permission from original author Digga (SRT).

Some people here and in my racing community requested this track for AC, so here it is. It is still "WIP" but quite drivable, so guys I am ready for some feedback to improve and finish it :)

Track features:
  • 34 pit boxes
  • 2 layouts - GP, moto
  • working AI
  • TV cameras
  • 2D crowds
  • track grooves
  • pre-generated...

Read more about this resource...

2 issues: a. Starting a hotlap session the car falls through. b. Track lightning is way too dark atm.

Have not noticed #a yet but I certainly agree with #b.
The overall impression - even at noon with clear weather - is too dark...

And there is a weird kind of shadow halfway the straight between 'Hotel' and 'Hasseroder' corners. By day and even by night when it kinda dims the headlights for a short while...

Have not noticed #a yet but I certainly agree with #b.
The overall impression - even at noon with clear weather - is too dark...

And there is a weird kind of shadow halfway the straight between 'Hotel' and 'Hasseroder' corners. By day and even by night when it kinda dims the headlights for a short while...

Guys from my point of view, there can be a lot of "side factors" to influence the overall brightness of the track. First of all, I have no idea which PP filter did you use, to mention it in your posts would help a lot, then it depends on your monitor setting, On my monitor (Acer Predator 34") it looks quite good, you could have vastly different brightness settings than me... Anyway, some screenshots would help, then I can compare mine to yours and fix the issue, if there is any.

OK, here we go.
I am using SOL (in this case - and most of the time - scattered clouds and _Sol filter. Time is noon 12:00.
There are a few other mod tracks that also seem a bit dark, but the majority is brighter.
Triple 32" - 144 Hz - 1 Ms Benq Led monitors.

These shots on your track (may look strange because of the bezels).

fuzo-1.png

fuzo-2.png

fuzo-3.png

And the 'same' shots on Oschersleben from Mitja and Mortal (1.1) in the same conditions:

mb1.png

mb2.png

mb-3.png

And here is a pic of that strange shadow part about halfway the straight between Hotel and Hasseroder. It suddenly appears and moving forward a meter or two from this point, it dissappears again.

fuzo-shadow.png

I hope this helps...

OK, here we go.
I am using SOL (in this case - and most of the time - scattered clouds and _Sol filter. Time is noon 12:00.
There are a few other mod tracks that also seem a bit dark, but the majority is brighter.
Triple 32" - 144 Hz - 1 Ms Benq Led monitors.

These shots on your track (may look strange because of the bezels).

fuzo-1.png

fuzo-2.png

fuzo-3.png

And the 'same' shots on Oschersleben from Mitja and Mortal (1.1) in the same conditions:

mb1.png

mb2.png

mb-3.png

And here is a pic of that strange shadow part about halfway the straight between Hotel and Hasseroder. It suddenly appears and moving forward a meter or two from this point, it dissappears again.

fuzo-shadow.png

I hope this helps...

Thank you very much, I will check it. But honestly, do you find better to have bright grass on the track? For me it looks too bright :)

Thank you very much, I will check it. But honestly, do you find better to have bright grass on the track? For me it looks too bright :)
Well, it's kind of mixed. The grass and track on your version does look better. It's just the surroundings that are too dark imo, tribunes, the hotel, the banners on the bridge. E.g. The hotel is nicely painted with the checkered flag deco like it should be, but it is barely visible. I think at that time of day it should stand out.
Any idea what could cause that shadow popping up ?

Well, it's kind of mixed. The grass and track on your version does look better. It's just the surroundings that are too dark imo, tribunes, the hotel, the banners on the bridge. E.g. The hotel is nicely painted with the checkered flag deco like it should be, but it is barely visible. I think at that time of day it should stand out.
Any idea what could cause that shadow popping up ?

I would say the VAO effect of shader patch can darken things up, try to turn VAO off and compare. And the shader patch has one feature which simulates cloud shadows, so when there is sunny day and one cloud will cover the sun, it will cast shadow (probably the shadow issue has something to do with it) and the track will look much darker.

I would say the VAO effect of shader patch can darken things up, try to turn VAO off and compare. And the shader patch has one feature which simulates cloud shadows, so when there is sunny day and one cloud will cover the sun, it will cast shadow (probably the shadow issue has something to do with it) and the track will look much darker.

I tried the track from 08:00 into the night (SOL enabled and disabled), I turned VAO off/on, I used several settings on the time multiplier (from x10 to x60), default Kunos weather, SOL clouds & clear weather, about all I could think of. But:
- the strange shadow keeps appearing, no matter what, it's like you drive under a wide bridge,
- the grandstands, hotel, bridge on the back straight: always darker than then you would expect them to be.

Overall brightness level is ok.
The addition of dedicated DRS zones would be nice! Maybe on mainstraight and backstraight.

Following pics are at 12:00, clear sky, 100% exposure and stock 'default' pp filter. No shader patch whatsoever.
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2018_acc_oschersleben_20-3-119-15-44-6.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2018_acc_oschersleben_20-3-119-15-47-14.jpg

For the shadow on the straight before the 'Hasseröder' corner there is some plane above the road. Look at the tires and engine cover.
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2018_acc_oschersleben_20-3-119-15-37-55.jpg

Front view, note the line between dark and bright is the crossing of the plane in the view.
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2018_acc_oschersleben_20-3-119-15-38-33.jpg

Another shot before 'Hasseröder'. Look at the distance between the shadows of the rear wing / diffusor area.
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2018_acc_oschersleben_20-3-119-15-39-20.jpg

I found the issue, it is bad track groove, it goes up above the track in that area, it is easily fixable :)

@formulaHEINE are there any DRS zones in real track? If you could tell me where to put them I could do it :) I am not big fan of "unreal" modifications but I would do an exception probably :)

Fuzo updated Oschersleben with a new update entry:

Update 0.6

Update 0.6 fixes and updates:
- fixed groove mesh at the Hasseroder curve
- fixed pit workers position in moto layout
- modified AI line in T1 in GP layout
- fixed AI line boundaries in moto layout
- overall track material brightness tuning
- updated grass texture map
- updated shader patch lights settings
- added hotlap starting possition
- added DRS zones
- added track descriptions
- added test reverb to the main grandstand

Read the rest of this update entry...

Fuzo updated Oschersleben with a new update entry:

Update 1.3

I skipped a few updates here on RD so here they are, all in one:

- improved grooves textures and settings
- reworked foliage around the track (mostly mesh optimisation)
- fixed some overlapping and flickering textures around the track
- slightly edited some tree textures
- fixed some errors in ini files

- added VAO v4 support

- improved some advertisement textures
- added time attack mode support

- added 3D marshals and personnel around the track
- slightly improved...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing