ORSM To AMS, Is it possible?

nhigginson

Premium
i was wondering this morning about the Wonderful ORSM Mod being converted to AMS, as we have the newest generation of cars in the form of the SuperV8's, it would be a cool idea to convert it and have almost 2 decades of Aussie Greatness, although a problem is getting a hold of the ORSM team. @still_bacon @Rob Fitness @PieterN is it possible

nhigginson, it is possible and I have done it myself for my own use. I simply downloaded the version (V8 Factor Unleashed v1.2) from Xtremefactor and placed it in the appropriate folders in AMS. I haven't made a series file and just access threw 'all cars'. You may need to update veh files, can't remember if I had to do that.

Granted this process does not bring them to the quality of a proper conversion to AMS but it works none the less. Also added all the previous Dunlop Series and earlier season skin packs around for rfactor into AMS. Have some issues with some cars simply not showing up (e.g. Eggleston Motorsport cars) but had the same issue in GSCE and cannot for the life of me work out the reason and google doesn't offer any assistance.

So it is easily done but would be great if someone with skills I don't have would be able to do a proper conversion.

@Dylan Jones is there any way to convert it with a series file?
Edit: im talking about rFactor version.
nhigginson, not that I am aware off. The only reason I haven't done a series file for it in AMS is due to being lazy. I recall it is pretty easily done manually (create your own or copy an existing .srs and edit, then create a TGA which I have no idea how to do).

The reason I used the GSCE conversion version (which I believe simply is the rfactor version converted to GSCE) is it is easier to get it into AMS, with some small editing or .veh's where needed.

Good luck. While it will never have quality of a proper conversion once you get the hang it you can put any of the GSCE mods into AMS. Until then we just have to wait in hope for those you mentioned in your OP to do a proper conversion.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 503 39.0%