AC Oreca FLM09 @ Donington 2018 - Wednesday 27 Nov 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the input. if you don't mind sharing, what changes did you make on the setup ?

Also, was the Sebring telemetry trace you posted for this version of the track? https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sebring-international-raceway-rtb.13374/
No, from a much(!) more accurate version than that one.

And setup-wise, I gave it more steady-state understeer and softened the rebound damping. Front ride height up by a few mm, rear down by a few more, min rear ARB. Means you can be more aggressive on corner entry and exit, which is important at Donington, a very transient-heavy track.

No, from a much(!) more accurate version than that one.

And setup-wise, I gave it more steady-state understeer and softened the rebound damping. Front ride height up by a few mm, rear down by a few more, min rear ARB. Means you can be more aggressive on corner entry and exit, which is important at Donington, a very transient-heavy track.

Thanks for your help. Will try that out this evening.

I figured as much for Sebring. Is it a private IER creation or someone else's? (Please don't tell me it's publicly available and I've been missing out all this time!)

Well I can regularly get into the 1.24s now with those setup hints. Far less sliding about once the rebounds are softened and the car rolls through those transitions you mentioned. I think a little less performance braking in a straight line but a very good tradeoff. Thanks again. When is your textbook coming out?

Not sure where the rest of the time is hiding other than general lack of skill. Maybe I'm driving into the traction control a bit much out of the hairpin? The AI seems to gain a lot of ground on me coming over the little crest and turning onto the back straight.

Increased FFB to 80%, altered gearing to 360 deg in wheel and game, did my best to avoid too much
understeer.
a completely different car today, I can now actually feel the grip; made sure I was on the open server to get realistic times.
managed dozens of laps without an off, at more "my" usual sedate pace, admittedly.
pretty sure my pace is down to my inability to perfect corner entry braking, when i was on it correctly, saw a very noticeable change in Delta.
Thankyou @RobertR1 , car was transformed with your help. from this afternoon drive i will take it all back, but wait for race day to see the reality of it all.

following advice i drove with a slightly altered setup.

please find attached
cheers
ernie :)

Attachments

• standard +.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 87
Increased FFB to 80%
What wheel are you using Ernie? Mine's a TSPC Racer and feels like it's on novocaine, very little feedback at 150% setting (maximum). Absolutely love the mod but wish I could get some feel for it, just dead with ffb for me. :redface:

Edit: And thanks for the setup, I need it!:)

I’m a lucky old sod, I have SC2 wheel, splashed out a lot of dosh for it, winced at the price. Only the sport model, but I have a lot of torque available.
But with the lmpc car the torque from the wheel was very low? Did not bother me, thought it was just one race and I could live with it. Wrong.
With a lot of guessing and fiddling it is now quite high, now I can feel the front of the car, having the advantage of improving rear end feel.
I could waffle on , but the proof in the pudding with be the race tomorrow.:)

I’m a lucky old sod, I have SC2 wheel, splashed out a lot of dosh for it, winced at the price. Only the sport model, but I have a lot of torque available.
But with the lmpc car the torque from the wheel was very low? Did not bother me, thought it was just one race and I could live with it. Wrong.
With a lot of guessing and fiddling it is now quite high, now I can feel the front of the car, having the advantage of improving rear end feel.
I could waffle on , but the proof in the pudding with be the race tomorrow.:)

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I think we need to refer you to Sim Racers Anonymous - 12 sim program :p:laugh:.

Do you have a rig & pedals to match?

Do you have any regrets buying the SimCube 2? I imagine the cost spread out over several years, multiplied by the number of hours used, would work out to be quite reasonable.

I have a 40:40 aluminium extrusion rig Patrick, got from Holland I think, maybe the one of the first he produced??
HE pro pedals and SC2, I would have to scratch my old head for quite a while to find any excuses.
the SC2 is a very fine piece of engineering, I have like my HE pro's much admiration for these items.
As you quite rightly point out, the number of hours of use these items get divided by price make them worth every penny.
once you get over the initial price shock.:confused:
I am seriously considering a VR system at the moment, this is one and only area were I have not been as you say in a good place.
monitors have been a bug bear for me, never really getting exactly what I am 100% happy with, unlike the rest of the hard ware.
Rig, seat, pedals, wheel very happy with, no regrets at all there. monitors that's another matter entirely; PC happy with also but they can be a pain in the rear end at times.
:confused:

I am seriously considering a VR system at the moment, this is one and only area were I have not been as you say in a good place.
monitors have been a bug bear for me, never really getting exactly what I am 100% happy with, unlike the rest of the hard ware.
VR is a great experience.
In terms of competitiveness there are no major gains, even if the displays within the headset were as good as best regular monitors. A racing driver only looks where he is going.
With my Oculus CV1 i can see ghosting very clearly, the displays are slow to respond and it does require a lot of PC performance while the image is seemingly blurry. Also it has rare random unexplained bugs which require a restart to clear out.
i have heard newer generation VR headsets have fixed some of the problems.

I'd probably prefer a different car - Porsche 962c ST... - but if you decide to stick with the original set up I'll still sign up. Thanks.
Great idea Patrick, @Craig Dunkley I'll vote with Patrick, so it's his fault :laugh: - Porsche on its own or Group C... Porsche ST, Sauber, Mazda?:inlove:

You two guys sign up for 99% of the events I post, so your opinions carry a lot of clout with me ...gonna wait bit longer in the hope of another opinion or two :thumbsup:

I should be available for most Wednesday's going forward Craig, from 11th on. I'm happy to go with the flow re combos as they been pretty amazing to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%