F1 2013 Options last four laps maximum on Nurburgring...

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I've had to restart this race twice now because by the fourth lap in the lead my tires virtually disappear and I literally CANNOT turn without spinning at least 90 degrees. I can't change my starting tires for whatever reason, and if I pit at 5 for primes I spend the rest of the race extremely far in the back as opposed to my usual 40-45 second lead by the 40th. It's ridiculous, and tire mods don't help at all. This doesn't happen on GP.

Edit: and no, I'm not simply bad. I even turned on the racing line for once and followed that and it was no better.

Edit 2: ALONSO DIDN'T PIT THE ENTIRE RACE.

Last edited:
Remember that you start the race (if you are in the top 10), with the tyres you used to set your fastest qualifying lap. If you qualify outside the top 10, then you can use any tyre you want. So save some tyres for the race.

If you have worn them out during qualifying, they are going to die very early in the race.

When I qualify, after a few steady hot laps, I change tyres and qualify using 3 laps only, 4 laps if I got held up, or think a second hotlap will be faster.

No matter where that puts me, I return to the pits.

So it's either :-

Outlap
Hotlap
Inlap

or

Outlap
Hotlap
Hotlap
Inlap

Cheers :)

Oh, okay, didn't know that.
The AI not pitting (notably Alonso, it's almost always him) is dumb though. He'll do a 30-lap race and pit only on lap 21 (I took note of this on Imola, 50%, GP), beating me by a full minute with a 13/23.

Officially there is 3 practice sessions, 3 qualifying sessions, and the race. The teams have to make their allotted tyres last the whole weekend. In 2013 I think that was 12 sets of tyres, (maybe 15), but that allocation includes Intermediate and Wet tyres

You don't get all these sets, because Codemasters has cut out Practice 1 and Practice 2 from the game.

What you are given has to last, some tyres are held back from you until the next session, so you can't burn them all.

Anyway, if you want to do lots of practice (officially it's Practice 3) before you qualify, naturally you will use up many of your tyres. So a good tip is to do your practice, use your tyres how you want, then re-start the practice session (giving you another hour of practice), and you get your all your tyres back.

Now you can move the game on to Qualifying and skip the rest of practice if you want. So you go into qualifying with plenty of tyres.

It's probably best to hold at least one set of Options,and one set of Primes back and don't use them in Qualifying, saving them for the race. When you don't have new tyres to use, the tyres with the least amount of wear will be used by your engineer.

I usually just go on one set of primes the entire practice session.
For practice, I do a 100% race in GP mode, I find I get a better feel for the race and pushing to catch up to/overtake other cars helps lap times a lot.

Good to know. Thanks!:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years