Options - Crash to Desktop

I'm having the same issue. My clean Steam install of the RRRE open beta crashes (almost) every time I hit the Options button, both in the menu and in-game.

I CAN play, by avoiding the Options button, so initially with keyboard only. But after ±6 crashes I managed to enter the Options from in-game, like when you're on track and hit ESC, without crashing. You can't change controllers or visuals there, but after that the Main Menu Options button worked a few times !?!:O_o:

I've managed to get my G25 recognised and setup eventually, but now whenever I want to change anything in Options, the game crashes 9 times out of 10.
Running as admin, on single screen or Triple screen with Eyefinity enabled or disabled, amateur or getreal mode, circuit or hillclimb, high or low visuals all make no difference.
My PC is not new, but more than capable according to the recommended specs on Steam.

It took me a while to find the support section at
http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com
and when I tried logging in there it wouldn't accept my email/password combo. Apparently you have to register for the support section separately ??!:confused:
I then asked for a login password to be sent, and got the message that a password reset link would be sent. Unfortunately I didn't get that email until hours and hours later, by which time I found I could register a Bugreport without logging in first.
But...... when I tried to include the CrashDump file with my bugreport using the "Upload a file" link on the bugreport page, I get another mysterious "Type Error: blabla.. object is null... blabla" error. So no go there.:(
IMO the Simbin boys/girls still have some work to do on the support side of things.

I tried the teaser when it first came available in september, but had no such issues then (don't remember if the Options button was available then?)
I'm sure this game has great potential, but right now I'm inclined to stay away from it until the game goes Gold and the Multiplayer function is available (for cash no doubt:D ) as that's all what I'm most interested in anyways..

A new patch has been released which should address the issues you've been having.

Open Beta 0.1.0.845 is available (hotfixes)
Next time you restart your Steam client, you will download this update.
- Fixed a crash when going into options with certain systems / triple screen resolutions
- Fixed a case where some systems would always invalidate the user's laptime when crossing the finish line
- Fixed auto-detection of hardware that could sometimes act up and apply improper settings
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing visual settings between two gameplay sessions
- Fixed Apex Hunt Expert challenge for RaceRoom Raceway Bridge and Hockenheim GP that had too easy targets.
- MediaHub now shows information about the currently selected screenshot in the lower right corner
- The menu that appears at the end of a Hillclimb run was missing the browser bar
- Fixed a case where the user could not delete a screenshot from the MediaHub
- Fixed a case where the cockpit cam animated driver would be stuck in a full lock position
- Bezel corrected resolutions should now correctly be saved between two game starts
- Fixed a conflict between the menu setting for transmission (auto/manual) and the keyboard shortcut to toggle transmission mode while driving (F4 key)
- Fixed a case where destroying the car would not return the player to the garage as long as the car was moving
- Losing a wheel is now properly considered terminal damage for the car
- Updates to login screen, splash screen and minor fixes to the menus
http://support.raceroomracingexperi...ws/view/3-open-beta-update-0-1-0-845-hotfixes

We've also made some adjustments to the support site so you can create tickets, and full integration between the portal and support desk is planned.

We had to go with a quick and nasty fix for this one.

Quick and nasty in the way that yeah, it fixes the crash when going to options, alright, but on eyefinity, some resolutions will results in the UI, web browser, to be spread on the 3 screens.

Ugly but better than a game crash at least.

We're working on a proper way to solve this.

We had to go with a quick and nasty fix for this one.

Quick and nasty in the way that yeah, it fixes the crash when going to options, alright, but on eyefinity, some resolutions will results in the UI, web browser, to be spread on the 3 screens.

Ugly but better than a game crash at least.

We're working on a proper way to solve this.

Its working ok for me 3 x 1440x900 screens with bezel compensation 4508x900.

When I first started the game after the patch it reverted to 3 x single screens - was great to actually get into options - took me a little while to find the different resolutions that only appear when you change screen ratio 16:9 etc etc.

Is there any way the UI web browser can be scaled to solve that spreading across the 3 screens (for those who have it) and also in my case so that some of it is not hidden by the screen bezels?

Your right its much much better than not being able to change Options and getting a crash - which tbh had me leaving RRRE alone in frustration.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 295 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%