Option to invert FFB direction in AC?

Pax7

LifeOn2 Development
...The clarity of force feedback is similar only better...
Hello Aristotelis,

I spoke briefly with Stefano about FFB earlier this year, and if you could add the option to invert FFB direction in AC that would be very good.

As I suppose you know, there is no definite agreement between wheel providers which direction is left/right, so there is a need to be able to reverse FFB direction in the sim. nkPro does e.g. not have this ability, which makes it not usable with all wheels.

Do you know which wheels have inverse FF?
I can tell you for example that while Logitech wheels need inverse FF in ISI sims, this is not the case in AC. The sim handles it automatically.
If you know other wheels it would be cool to test them.

Do you know which wheels have inverse FF?
I can tell you for example that while Logitech wheels need inverse FF in ISI sims, this is not the case in AC. The sim handles it automatically.
If you know other wheels it would be cool to test them.
Hello Aristotelis,

For ease of use it is good to have a sim recognize wheels and configure for them automatically, but relying on that _only_ is not a good idea IMO. It may make new wheels that enter the market incompatible with the sim, and also creates potential compatibility problems with wheels not recognized by the sim.

The Leo Bodnar FFB wheel does e.g. not work in nkPro, nor in pCars. In the case of nkPro, it is because both nkPro and the wheel itself lacks the option to inverse FFB direction. In the case of pCars, it is for the exact reason above; pCars have all these ease-of-use profiles for (some) wheels that configures automatically, but it lacks the option to set parameters manually to handle also unrecognized wheels.

I expect my own made FFB controller (http://racedepartment.com/forum/threads/the-lifeon2-ffb-wheel-controller.58355/) not to be compatible with nkPro at the moment, for the same reason the Leo Bodnar wheel is not. Luckily I can program the firmware to handle it, but that is not done yet.

Since it is a comparatively very simple task to add support for inverting FFB direction in the sim, I definitely think that is a feature to have. Not least to support new/unknown wheels without having to issue a patch for the sim.

Thanks,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back