PC2 Optimum temps and pressures guide?

I'm looking for a guide that explains what temperatures and pressures I should be shooting for in order for the tires to achieve optimum grip and maybe some baseline numbers as a starting point. Same with brakes. Does such exist?

Cheers,
G

Thanks. I ran across that later on yesterday.

I tried targeting 1.7 and 1.45 with the formula C and wound up with tires that were way over-inflated judging by temps. All I'm going on here is the assumption that the temps should be "even" across the tire. Something like 96-94-92 on the RF with some camber. It was more like 90-100-85. Definitely felt like there was a lot less grip and I was a lot slower.

I did notice when running some time trials that the tires, brakes, etc. all seem to be pre-warmed for you. So I am going to assume those initial values are what I should consider targets and see what I can come up with.

the temperature calculation in pCars2 is quite complicated, when you start a race is like your entire rim+tire+brakes has been into an oven and pre-heated to a temperature that's optimal for the tire (like everything on 80°).
But then, when racing, the brake will get quite hotter than that, and so will do the rim and the air inside it, this will make the tire pressure grow (it stabilizes after 6-10 laps depending on the car). But also, depending on air and track temperature, your tire temperatures will vary.
The temperatures that the game simulates are
-brake core
-brake surface
-rim
-air inside the tire
-tire rubber core
-tire rubber surface
-tire thread (the thinnest surface that's actually in contact with tarmac and has his temperature growing/decreasing fast and's responsible for the changes of grip during cornering)

what you see in telemetry screen are brake surface (i think) and tire surface, you should aim to have the tires in the 65-85° range for soft and 75+ for hards, for the brake there was a post on the forum with the right temperatures during braking for most kinds of brakes. The other temps are what makes the temperatures take some laps to stabilize, they all start at same temperature as the tire.

Interesting. IIRC the brake temps were also already very hot when I was looking at this earlier.

I tried some experiments at the latest step in my career (Formula C @ Bathurst). Loaded up the time trial there and noted the tire pressures being shown in telemetry were rather lower than recommended. I immediately went to the car setup screen and adjusted the static pressures. Several iterations of this got them close to the recommended values. Then I went back to the career race and used that same setup as a baseline to figure out how they would act starting out cold and during the practice, qual and race.

It seemed to work pretty well. The track temps there are rather cool and the tire would never approach or maintain anything close to the 95 deg temps from the time trial, though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back