Optimal setup for Radeon 7950

Hi guys, just confused in settings of AC for 1920x1080 resolution. What are the optimal parameters for my videocard, to get permanent 60 fps with 20-24 cars on the grid?

The only thing I can say is play around with the settings. Results are not only depending on your graphics card, they are also affected by your CPU. Unless you happen to have the exact same combo as somebody else, who already played around with his/her settings, then you will get a sufficient answer.

In any kind of racing situation, Assetto Corsa relies largely on CPU power and threading capability to process the massive physical data of your car and the simulated or MP driven autos. Lowering the graphical settings for a full grid will add minimal performance enhancements. Best to have a very good CPU with decent hyper-threading capabilities, along with a single monitor...have heard from some that 3 screen set-ups can cause some occasional issues with FPS drops.

Your CPU is fine, it is not the bottleneck. Your GPU is OK, not great, so you will have to turn some settings down.

Use the CCC to set Anti-aliasing. Use Override app settings, 4x, Standard Multisampling with Morph off.

Also use the CCC to set AF. Override, 8x, Standard with the surface format opt. set to On.

Your CPU is fine, it is not the bottleneck. Your GPU is OK, not great, so you will have to turn some settings down.

Use the CCC to set Anti-aliasing. Use Override app settings, 4x, Standard Multisampling with Morph off.

Also use the CCC to set AF. Override, 8x, Standard with the surface format opt. set to On.

Actually that isn't true, when I monitor my hardware while playing AC my videocard is never being used fully. When I go to my summer OC profile at 4 GHz I have noticable less frames per second.

AC recommends overriding CCC and using the game menu to set AA and AF. But is there a performance upgrade/stabilization in allowing Catalyst to control the AA/AF? I've not tried that before so curious.

I have used the in-game AA and AF and I have used CCC and with CCC I get better frame rates and better frame times. I spent a day going back and forth and testing some settings someone suggested at the AC forums.

I have a 2500k at 4.2 GHZ and yes, OC'ing gives me a little bit of a perf boost but only maybe 2%. That is not enough to consider getting rid of the mobo & CPU considering that his 3470 is a newer and better part even if mine is OC'ed faster. His 7950 is roughly on par with my old 760 which is an OK GPU but it can't play AC on max graphics. It's a mid-level GPU.

I also have an amd card, the only way to set AA is in game menu 4x or in my documents cfg/video aasamples=8 (when you set in the file, don't change AA in game, otherwise the file will reset to max 4).

AF, works 16x either from game and from amd driver. It is the same thing, I haven't spotted fps difference when I turn one off and use the other.

But anyone knows how to make AA work directly from the amd driver. I think it just doesn't work unless you have nvidia card, the game won't accept amd AA.

I have used the in-game AA and AF and I have used CCC and with CCC I get better frame rates and better frame times. I spent a day going back and forth and testing some settings someone suggested at the AC forums.

I have a 2500k at 4.2 GHZ and yes, OC'ing gives me a little bit of a perf boost but only maybe 2%. That is not enough to consider getting rid of the mobo & CPU considering that his 3470 is a newer and better part even if mine is OC'ed faster. His 7950 is roughly on par with my old 760 which is an OK GPU but it can't play AC on max graphics. It's a mid-level GPU.
When using CCC Anti aliasing, do you match the settings in the AC tuning menu, or set the tuning menu value to 0?

After messing around, using the in-game AA looks so much better- I take back about the AA. I don't think the few FPS gained is worth the terrible aliasing. But it seems to go track-by-track. Some tracks look worse than others.

I wish I could find that post on the AC forums

I recently replaced my 7950 with a R9 290X Lightning (i5 2500k @4.2). With triple screen Eyefinity I was running graphics mid to mid-low and 50-60fps no AA. Now I'm running everything high and getting 90-100fps no AA. The 7950's a good card but it's a bit long in the tooth to run AC and pCARS at the top level.

Here is my screenshot wit 24 cars on track, I noticed maximum usage of CPU about 80%, not ever 90 or even 100%.
I have 3470 CPU with 3.8 Ghz for now. Imo, problem in game, not in my config.
5b07cb423af1c0d7ed1039e9813a98a3.png

After messing around, using the in-game AA looks so much better- I take back about the AA. I don't think the few FPS gained is worth the terrible aliasing. But it seems to go track-by-track. Some tracks look worse than others.

I wish I could find that post on the AC forums
Agree, the aliasing at some tracks is bad, but might be because they are low LOD still, or because the track already is a performance hit so they optimize what they can.

What AC forum post are you talking about?

@Serj a bit off topic tip. I see that you're using msi afterburner (or similar). You should match up gpu fan speed with temperature. Meaning you'll get a bit lower temps in gaming, since is managed better. The fan speed and temp should be directly proportional, so start with 30º - 30% speed, 40º-40%.. up to 100. 30 is a good starting pointSee in the image below how to: You only need to move that first dot like I did with mine.

JyXlGvp.png

Are we talking a specific core that hits 80% load or total cpu load?
Asking because I do not see the total load ever going over 35% on my rig (with a full 24 car grid). Just tested at Spa with a mixed field, could be different on different tracks though.

Game don't seem to use more than 2 cores anyway, maybe they will fix that eventually. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%