Optimal new HDD partitioning ? / mod filing system ?

Ruttman98

Premium
I have a brand new PC with a 250GB SSD and a 4TB HDD.

When I booted up the PC initially, Windows 10 did not recognize the HDD, so the OS, F1 2018, Wheels of Aurelia, and AMS (thank you fellow RD member for the key!) are stored on the SSD.

I determined that I need to make a "Simple Volume" to use the 4TB of unallocated HDD space, and thought a suggestion to make four approx. 1TB partitions might be a good way to go.

Is there a better way to best partition the 4TB HDD for additional programs and files? I will be installing Assetto Corsa soon and hope to be adding lots of mod tracks and cars.

On a related note, could someone please share how they keep track of all of their AC / AMS content?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere on RD--please point me to other threads.

Hi

4 partitions sounds okay

Only tips I can think of is name your partitions ie: SYSTEM , STEAM, MEDIA etc
That helps doing a new OS , easy to confuse partition numbers
Use W for DVD Writer and V for Virtual ( Power Iso etc ) keeps them out of the way of Local drives

Assetto Corsa I recommend you get Content Manager

All gMotor sims including Automobilista I use OVGME to pack all content into Mods
https://www.dropbox.com/s/muqbgel26ezo4sr/OvGME.zip?dl=0

Hi

4 partitions sounds okay

Only tips I can think of is name your partitions ie: SYSTEM , STEAM, MEDIA etc
That helps doing a new OS , easy to confuse partition numbers
Use W for DVD Writer and V for Virtual ( Power Iso etc ) keeps them out of the way of Local drives

Assetto Corsa I recommend you get Content Manager

All gMotor sims including Automobilista I use OVGME to pack all content into Mods
https://www.dropbox.com/s/muqbgel26ezo4sr/OvGME.zip?dl=0

Thank you very much for your advice and expertise!

Once you wrap your head around GME's ( Generic Mod Enablers ) you will never go back to old way
It took AC content manager to wake most people up to that fact ;)

Takes time to pack everything but once done you have 100% reliable backup and restore

i even use OvGME for rFactor 2 to activate skin packs

ovgme rF2-AMS.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back