MGP14 Opponentsconfig.bml

Hi guys, I wanted to edit the AI, to find out way it's 3 seconds faster in race compared to test sessions.
I found this file in the data.mix, but I've no idea how to edit it. Hex editor can't do it, notepad ++ only show a lot of times the word "NULL". Maybe you can give me some tips.

I'll share what I've discovered:
-This problem does not affect the realistic difficulty, if you choose "Real" in the settings the lap times remain pretty much the same during all the weekend. (I've only tried this in Le Mans in Moto3 class, but I think it's the same everywhere. I'm going to test elsewhere right now)
-This problem is caused by the RaceModifier string in the file AI Difficulties.bml.

Unfortunately, I tried to edit it with no success. Once I repack the DATA.mix file with the edited values, the launcher says the DATA.mix is corrupted. I think the mixfileremixer doesn't work properly on Motogp14.

Nathan, I think there's no need to choose the difficulty between sessions, they just have to fix this problem. They have the original non enrycpted files, they just have to change few settings...Milestone will fix this problem easily

P.S. I'm sorry to hear that, realistic is a little too difficult for me anyway

I'm afraid that, even if editing the AI is a matter of minutes, they'll take their time to release a patch, because they won't be fixing just this bug. They have to release the complete bike sets, fix the exit game on pc, fix other crashes on pc (I don't know what problems console versions have). Since I don't think they will release multi single patches, we'll have to wait

My only guess is that since the 13 game had the opposite problem (AI fast in quali, slow in race) they've tried to fix the problem. But I don't know what's the point of force AI to be faster about 3-4 seconds than in quali

Ye I completely agree mate, if anything drivers/riders (in real life) are a bit slower in the race, qually is more about crazy speed. I'm just gutted. I could as I said just put it on Hard until the patch, I'll get pole every time but the races will be close cos of the glitch.

Last edited:
..this has basically ruined career mode for me..

Nathan, this glitch is not as it seems. The AI goes so fast only for drivers who you can't see. I play in Real, in my first career's race at Brno Miller and Fenati ran on 2:04 (3s faster than pole), I was 14th and drivers around me ran on 2:09.6xx (same time as me). Just fun!
But..there is a "but": when finally my bike was competitive and I can fight for podium the firsts two had decent lap times! 1 second slower than pole lap, exactly what happen in real life.

Nathan, just play the game, that "time lap problem" is not a real issue, we can define it like a ghost. It's a not real problem in my opinion!
Have a good day.

Nathan, this glitch is not as it seems. The AI goes so fast only for drivers who you can't see. I play in Real, in my first career's race at Brno Miller and Fenati ran on 2:04 (3s faster than pole), I was 14th and drivers around me ran on 2:09.6xx (same time as me). Just fun!
But..there is a "but": when finally my bike was competitive and I can fight for podium the firsts two had decent lap times! 1 second slower than pole lap, exactly what happen in real life.

Nathan, just play the game, that "time lap problem" is not a real issue, we can define it like a ghost. It's a not real problem in my opinion!
Have a good day.
Oh, so that's a nice touch by Milestone! Something good at least! Thanks for the information.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 451 39.3%