Opinions on ACFL2016 mod?

Hi all,

I wonder how many here are using the ACFL2016 mod (Formula One 2016, League Physics with different car models). Seems there will be an update to include the extended ERS settings that Kunos implemented for the SFT-15 as well as the DRS LEDs (in zone and activated) and otherwise updated cockpit/steering wheel readouts.

They are also planning an "offline" version with aero and power adapted per real life for each team.

To me this seems too good to be true - their website and forums are mostly in French, so I don't get what the people there are saying. Is anyone familiar with them and has some insights?

Sidenote: I didn't get to download the update and test yet - is DRS detection now supported in 1.7.1? Meaning less than 1s gap during race?

Hi all,

I wonder how many here are using the ACFL2016 mod (Formula One 2016, League Physics with different car models). Seems there will be an update to include the extended ERS settings that Kunos implemented for the SFT-15 as well as the DRS LEDs (in zone and activated) and otherwise updated cockpit/steering wheel readouts.

They are also planning an "offline" version with aero and power adapted per real life for each team.

To me this seems too good to be true - their website and forums are mostly in French, so I don't get what the people there are saying. Is anyone familiar with them and has some insights?

Sidenote: I didn't get to download the update and test yet - is DRS detection now supported in 1.7.1? Meaning less than 1s gap during race?
I have tried it, physics are of course not Kunos level, however modders didn't have any real good benchmark about these cars until now. It might change with 4.0. The graphical details are the offputting parts for me. The steering wheels are great, very beautiful, but that's it. Texture work is simply put bad. The yellow Pirelli colours are terrible as well. The dev said in his latest statement (with the ERS info) that he's gonna study modelling and texturing, but that might only come with the 2017 mod in my opinion.

its really not worth it imo, especially with the sf15T. i didnt realize it was a league mod or i wouldnt have bothered. still a chance there'll be an SP version + updates w/ the new data & techniques that'll make it worthwhile, but right now i'd just wait.

Thanks all of you for the replies. I guess as Yusupov writes, if they do come up with a Singleplayer version and the full ERS integration then it could be interesting.

I agree that the texture work looks less than specatular, but at least the cars have different shapes and look like what I see in TV...

I tried it and I would say that now with Kunos' SFT-15, you don't really need it anymore.
Now I realize that some people will say "yeah but you get all of the different cars in ACFL", but first of all, they all look/sound/handle the same to me, and secondly, since a few months, I'm an adept of the "less is more" policy.
I prefer to have ONE great car from Kunos than having several ones which feel way too arcadey, and look quite bad overall, rFactor 1 level.:cautious:
Hell, since they all feel so similar, you might as well get different skins for a serious Kunos Ferrari car (or some mods too) and pretend it's a Mercedes or something, at least it'll feel realistic. lol

On the other hand, I do find these cars amazing =>
http://www.**************/
I have them all and don't regret any of them.:p
Since I prefer much better F1 in the 80s/90s than 2010s, it's really a dream.
(no idea if they're legal or not, I don't even check anymore lol)

I enjoyed the mod and I'm looking forward to the offline version with different physic for each team.
The only part I could not stand was the engine damage, as it was possible to damage it with basically every single over rev, as such I ended up driving the mod with damages off.

I think it's unfair to say RF1 visuals or less....
ASR cars are great, but the complete season 1992 is only available for RF2. We aren't exactly spoiled for full season mods of any kind.
I admit, when I said "rFactor 1 level", I wasn't thinking of the original content, but more like quality mods like Enduracers, which doesn't look that bad.
(I tried it again recently though, and it looks worse than in my memory lol)
But still, it's far from Kunos work.;)

Well I don't know ASR plans, but I hope they'll release more and more for AC.

I would say the ACFL16 mod is pretty on par with the visuals of the RF2 Season 2013 we have (from that Hungarian guy, the mod which later was turned into an offline version by Frenky). True, the Kunos Ferraris now set new standards, but what good is a single F1 car besides to hotlap...

but what good is a single F1 car besides to hotlap...
For the F138 maybe, but for the SF15-T you have several ways to make your strategies on how and when to use power recovery, delivery, the ers profiles. So despite being one car, it will perform different depending on the driver, and not just because some drive it worse or better, but because of the strategies you can make by using the ERS profiles and options.

Gilles, check out http://acfligue.com/ and search on Youtube. I don't have screens ready... but you can find the info there.

Personally, I find they make decent competition for the SF-15T. So I replace one of the cars from the mod with my player Ferrari. Gives me the nicest cockpit and physics, and yet I have 21 other cars to race against that are quite realistic. Yes, there's a year difference and a few horsepower, but nothing too dramatically different that it breaks immersion.

Mhhh, what my opinion is about these guys? Well, I can´t say much apart from they steal stuff and sell it rather expensive under their name. This includes several of my F1 sounds, which I have never been asked for permission ( the latest SF16-H proves it again ) and I remember they used physics from other F1 mods as well. I would go as far as considering these guys as criminals.

Mhhh, what my opinion is about these guys? Well, I can´t say much apart from they steal stuff and sell it rather expensive under their name. This includes several of my F1 sounds, which I have never been asked for permission ( the latest SF16-H proves it again ) and I remember they used physics from other F1 mods as well. I would go as far as considering these guys as criminals.
Ups, wrong profile. Was meant to be posted with this account.

*edit*: So to continue on that, I messaged them via the AC Forum and asked them to remove my sounds from their mod. I even sent them videos which preview my sounds and feature downloadlinks on RD. The response was that my videos would not prove that I´m the author.
So yeah, that sums up my opinion about them.

*edit2*: Now they deleted their AC account in order to not receive any more copyright claims I guess :rolleyes:
Honestly guys be careful, you are paying 5 euros for stuff that is featured in other mods for free. What you just get are some 2016 models and skins that dont even have remotely the quality worth paying for, plus you support one of these groups that monetizes others people work and content.

Last edited:
After checking their physics I noticed they use 41 files from the Kunos SF15-T, and several others contain mostly similar or just slightly changed values;
68c887dc2f389277bb85bed584bfba6f.png

Suspension is partly taken from another mod.
So they literally used CTRL+C and CTRL+V to create 50% of their mod, and who knows what else they have used. Charging money for this kind of content ( allegedly created by them) is pathetic.
A few days ago I tried contacting @f1ligue and wanted to ask them who the physics creator was in their team, but I think this question is redundant now. By the way, according to their credits within the mod they mention "ACFL Members" as their physic creator, and of course no word about "their" sound creator.
18d9130d26f62e92c9a0842235398971.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%