Opened my G25...

...and this is how the motors look like.
P1210587.JPG

P1210588.JPG

P1210589.JPG

I opened because the pedals where really malfunctioning (also to see if there was some cleaning needed after al these years) and there wasn't enough cleaning to stop the spiking in the throttle which only happened when connecting the wheel to the power grid. And even after I put a hall sensor. So I thought there was a problem inside, sparks probably. Well this really reinforce my thoughts. But I'm not sure (I thought sparks happened only when the wheel move).

So, what do you think I should do?

It looks really 'ugly' from the pictures.
The fact that I can see what looks like transfer on the plastic adjacent, leads me to believe it is carbon material....possibly from worn brushes.
Does the G25 have brushed motors? Not sure.
You may have to do some research to find replacements if that is indeed the case.
A replacement or exchange parts business would be a great option for sim racers.

Upvote 0
It looks really 'ugly' from the pictures.
The fact that I can see what looks like transfer on the plastic adjacent, leads me to believe it is carbon material....possibly from worn brushes.
Does the G25 have brushed motors? Not sure.
You may have to do some research to find replacements if that is indeed the case.
A replacement or exchange parts business would be a great option for sim racers.
I think it does have brushes, from what I'm finding.
I have a tutorial about how to dissasemble the G25 including the motor. To clean the insides, but I think this ones are just too much worn. And probably I will break them doing it. But it still works, and feels fine. Of course if I leave it like that it will not work for much longer (and the pedals are useless so I have to try).
Yes, parts for these things would be great, just look at the potentiometers the pedals use, should be a normal thing and they are nearly impossible to get! Those pedals are possibly one good example of "planned obsolescence".

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back