Tracks Open world track request. SF bay area "Peninsula" hills (1, 35, 84, 92, Canada Rd, 280)

@Tyrone @Phoenix77 @Todd K

I'm hoping to to commission an open world track similar to LA Canyons, Pacific coast highway, Santa Monica, and Shutoku.

It would be based off the 1, 35, 84, 92, Canada Rd, 280 area to start with, and allow for future expansion in all directions. North, south, east, and west.
(See screenshot the quote backyard)

Screenshot the quote backyard.jpg
I know a lot of people would be interested in this, and would have interest in near by roads like 9.

Highways and freeways like 280, 101, as both 280 and 101 run from San Francisco and connect in San Jose, and 380, 92, 85, 87 run perpendicular(ish) connecting them and would make for a great expansion later on.
(see screenshot the peninsula loop)Screenshot Peninsula freeway loop.jpg

As much as I would love to try and take on creating this mod myself, I have no clue how to, I dont know how to program, or anything technical enough to "build a track". I know the mods you who I have tagged created are among the best in the world and I would be willing to do what ever I can and am capable of, to aid in the creation, whether its driving those roads over and over with cameras or taking photographs, or anything else that being on site could help with.

This area is very popular among car enthusiasts and Alice's Woodside (@aliceswoodside on ig) and their parking lot is often host to impromptu and official meets such as the Ferrari club of San Francisco . There are even Instagram accounts dedicated to photography of the cars seen on some of these roads. (@seen_on_skyline)

Thank you for reading this post.

Last edited:
@Tyrone @Phoenix77 @Todd K

I'm hoping to to commission an open world track similar to LA Canyons, Pacific coast highway, Santa Monica, and Shutoku.

It would be based off the 1, 35, 84, 92, Canada Rd, 280 area to start with, and allow for future expansion in all directions. North, south, east, and west.
(See screenshot the quote backyard)

View attachment 614331
I know a lot of people would be interested in this, and would have interest in near by roads like 9.

Highways and freeways like 280, 101, as both 280 and 101 run from San Francisco and connect in San Jose, and 380, 92, 85, 87 run perpendicular(ish) connecting them and would make for a great expansion later on.
(see screenshot the peninsula loop)View attachment 614330

As much as I would love to try and take on creating this mod myself, I have no clue how to, I dont know how to program, or anything technical enough to "build a track". I know the mods you who I have tagged created are among the best in the world and I would be willing to do what ever I can and am capable of, to aid in the creation, whether its driving those roads over and over with cameras or taking photographs, or anything else that being on site could help with.

This area is very popular among car enthusiasts and Alice's Woodside (@aliceswoodside on ig) and their parking lot is often host to impromptu and official meets such as the Ferrari club of San Francisco . There are even Instagram accounts dedicated to photography of the cars seen on some of these roads. (@seen_on_skyline)

Thank you for reading this post.
Man I literally just searched for woodside right now, this is the only thread that came up lol

I'm unsure if anyone's already working on recreating the area or not, but either way after stumbling across this post a few months ago I've decided to take on the first screenshot's area as a project, I'm currently unsure when I'll be able to get a playable version out yet, however, I have the roads working in AC.

I'll try my best to get it fairly accurate to the real area, but it'll take me a while because I'm not too experienced with 3D modeling.

If anyone would like me to make a progress updates thread for this track let me know, however, most of the stuff I'm doing at the moment isn't too interesting for now.
(I still need to import more terrain, which I will do once I can get the roads I have imported already finished.)

Blender screenshot

Last edited:
I'm unsure if anyone's already working on recreating the area or not, but either way after stumbling across this post a few months ago I've decided to take on the first screenshot's area as a project, I'm currently unsure when I'll be able to get a playable version out yet, however, I have the roads working in AC.

I'll try my best to get it fairly accurate to the real area, but it'll take me a while because I'm not too experienced with 3D modeling.

If anyone would like me to make a progress updates thread for this track let me know, however, most of the stuff I'm doing at the moment isn't too interesting for now.
(I still need to import more terrain, which I will do once I can get the roads I have imported already finished.)

View attachment 724473
If u need any help lmk im not super experienced in 3d modeling either but I’ve driven these roads a ton and got a lot of free time rn.

As someone who occasionally rips through these roads on a given weekend, would love to see this come to life.

I don't have any coding/digital modeling expertise I could offer but I so have an x3 Insta360 camera with a rear POV pole and some time to dedicate to gather data if that's any useful.

I recall once seeing someone online modeling a track with GoPro cameras pointed downwards-ish and doing different speed runs to capture...data of some kind I suppose.

Last edited:

View attachment 724473
Have you worked on this project any? The bay area roads are some of the most entertaining roads I have ever experienced...when the traffic pattern is just right.

Have you worked on this project any? The bay area roads are some of the most entertaining roads I have ever experienced...when the traffic pattern is just right.
Very sorry for no updates over the past few months, I have gotten a little more work done since but I had a lot in the way. My current issues come down to blender crashing whenever I try and get the terrain to morph to the road. I have one more method I plan on trying today and I plan on redoing the roads I had for more accuracy.

I feel that the crashing is likely due to how hit or miss the knife project operation in Blender can be, and also the fact that I'm doing it with a 600k+ vert object.

I also forgot to mention but @Tir0fij0_7 some footage of the roads would be of great help. If anyone would like to help/contribute you can add me on Discord (it's just my username here) or send me a message here on RD.

Very sorry for no updates over the past few months, I have gotten a little more work done since but I had a lot in the way. My current issues come down to blender crashing whenever I try and get the terrain to morph to the road. I have one more method I plan on trying today and I plan on redoing the roads I had for more accuracy.

I feel that the crashing is likely due to how hit or miss the knife project operation in Blender can be, and also the fact that I'm doing it with a 600k+ vert object.

I also forgot to mention but @Tir0fij0_7 some footage of the roads would be of great help. If anyone would like to help/contribute you can add me on Discord (it's just my username here) or send me a message here on RD.
I sent you a request. Ill be happy to help with the project. I can collect whatever telemetry you need.

Update: I'm currently working on using LIDAR data for a significant area of this project (I can't get LIDAR for the entire area unfortunately, as it's not available to my knowledge).
My current hurdle is getting the mesh within usable levels (so that way each "chunk" isn't over 21 million tris, image attached of my first attempt). I'm still figuring everything out, but I should be able to get a good workflow within the next few days.

blender_3gY0FdtVKW.png

EDIT: I have gotten mesh down to 3mil tris as I just learned about LIDAR classification, going to work on figuring out optimization on a program that isn't blender. Hopefully, everything works out and I can get this project on the road again.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back