AC Open Wheelers @ Silverstone GP - Sunday December 27th 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
CLUB RACING Flyer Open wheels.jpg

After taking the road cars for a ride it is time to do an upgrade in our sponsors and go professional with RACE CARS!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #4 US OPEN WHEELS
Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here
Cars:
All Kunos's Open wheel race cars
  • Ferrari 312T
  • Lotus Exos T125 (S1 too)
  • Lotus 49
  • Lotus 98T
  • Lotus 72D
  • Tatuus Formula Abarth
Track: Silverstone GP
Weather: Light clouds, 20C
Booking: Pickup mode
Practice: 18:00 CST | 00:00 GMT (60 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:40 CST | 00:40 GMT (20 minutes)
Race 1: 19:00 CST | 01:00 GMT 12Laps (Approx. 20minutes)
Race 2: 19:25 CST | 01:25 GMT 17+1Laps (Approx. 25minutes) REVERSE GRID

Last edited by a moderator:
Entry List
  1. Matheus Machado - Lotus T125 S1
  2. Gerbuho - Tatuus Formula Abarth
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag! I won't sign up just yet as I don't know if I'll be home in time. But will be sure to let you know if anything changes. Sounds like a lot fun.

I've managed to find a bit of time to try the Lotus 72D - very rewarding and engaging with proper heel and toe. I'd give anything to run a championship with that car and the 312T.

I noticed a lot of back and forth chatter on how "easier" AC is as a sim. In my opinion, if you take the Lotus 72D and treat it like it would be driven in real life, then it still remains a challenge to put in fast and consistent lap times. Catching slides in AC may be a bit more progressive than it ought to be, but the feeling of weight transfer is unparalleled in any other sim. That to me still makes it very immersive and closer to reality than otherwise. And since I'm missing some of the real world cues anyway, I'll accept a bit of virtual "help". I still find AC impressive when it comes to overall driving feel. After all, it somewhat pulled me away from rF2. Anyway - probably wrong place to post this, but I'm generally looking forward to AC evolving beyond its current state.

Thanks for the tags but I think I'm out of commission until like the 4th. Gives me some time to learn how to drive. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.6%