Open VR with mirror screen and resolution

Hi
I read somewhere that setting the resolution of a regular monitor in the main menu affects in a way a resolution of Open VR headset. As RRRE is CPU/GPU hungry and even with powerful PC (i9900/2080) it is difficult to have shadows, texture, etc more than low to medium and steady 90FPS
What are your experiences in this matter? After a 3 day struggle with FFB (worth every hour) I now struggle to enjoy decent resolution in my Odyssey+

I read somewhere that setting the resolution of a regular monitor in the main menu affects in a way a resolution of Open VR headset.
This is untrue, as the setting has no affect on your VR headset. The monitor is simply showing a mirror of what you headset is showing, clipped to the resolution of your monitor. The clipping uses almost no processing power so you're not losing anything.

You will struggle to get a steady 90fps with any headset, regardless of how good you computer is. R3E is a DX9 game using an unofficial hack to get VR support. It sadly means that performance suffers. There is another thread on VR performance here with a few tweaks you can try to improve fps.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back