Open source & uncompleted projects

After some requests, this thread is to house and discuss unfinished projects that others would like to pass on and open up for others to complete or view their methodology.

Ground Rules

Posters

• Do not upload uncompleted projects to RaceDepartment. Use a fileshare site, preferably MegaUpload, MediaFire or FileFront.
  • When posting, link to the files and also to the WIP thread if applicable. If you do not have an active WIP thread, please create one.
  • State a rough percentage completion according to your opinion.
  • Make sure to include any important details, such as required XPacks etc. Give as much detail, succintly, as possible, to help the following person to pick up your project easily, such as the direction you felt your track was taking.
  • Projects may not go in the direction imagined, once finalised, however this is the risk you take when posting uncompleted ideas.

Downloaders

• This is not a thread to discuss in detail methodology and problems, please use the WIP forum threads for this.
  • Most importantly, if you do end up releasing a track after completing, make sure you include all credits of the persons involved. Respect others work!

It would of been nice if Kyle had said he had given permission to someone else already, then I wouldn't of even started picking up the project.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to pick another one to work on instead.
:p

Here is my little contribution to this thread, 5 BTB proyects, stages from Spain (malaga-Mijas), real roads of Rally Mijas 2009 with Zaxxon Method and MTD05 elevation data.

You can do what you want, I want to make the entire Rally but it will take a lot of time, you can export and upload your version if you want.

they are sketches, that is what Zaxxon method brings to you if you use MTD05 elevation data.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lqzqd29k1947wl2

Has anyone started doing these? If not then i will, i know exactly what to do with them ;)

Has anyone started doing these? If not then i will, i know exactly what to do with them ;)

KML original files:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i1wd0kzw35aa4l5

etzj36.jpg

by the way, I was wrong on the date of the rally, these roads actually correspond to Mijas Rally 2008

Here you have the original KML files, use them in google earth if you want, to see how the actual terrain of the roads is, I have intention to do so for RBR and may not start working on this project until 2013, will be asphalt roads and I will try make them as close to reality as I can.

Like I said you can do whatever you want with them, I might not do anything, but I have intention to complete the rally, but I have no problem in someone else do their own version of these roads.

these roads are also uploaded to others forums, to show the potential of zaxxon method.

enjoy.

also you can check that proyect, it is the SS1 with few changes, I use that proyect to test things inside BTB.

http://www.mediafire.com/?06b6ncujbh4mssx

If you want more info about that rally I can provide you pics and more info.

Thanks, i need to do some minor changes for Race07, that's tarmac roads and 1m wider. There was only SS1 in the package, SS5 is the same as SS1. SS2-4 misses venue.bin. Is that due zaxxon method?

Photos and background material is well needed, didn't even think i ever get to see what it looks like in real life. I was prepared to invent the scenery but with reference material.. +3mil..

I'll do it first pretty simple, already started in fact... The road has some really nice sections, some bits are a bit twisty but i was going to modify the road, now i'm not so sure if i want to do it, after all data IS really good and roads are smooth.. I'm not going to remove danger from it in any case, no no.. There will be instant death lurking around :devilish:

EDIT: hmm, if you are planning to do realistic version, i could do a "soft" version, simpler, easier but sticking to original layout (well, i was planning to do few short bridges, widen in some places, narrower in others, very slight cambers, that sort of things)... Makes releasing both easier and lessens the competition, i wasn't planning to do very detailed piece this time... Now i see that it starts from village/town, that's already more than i had in mind.. I'll study the material and make my decision tomorrow.

Thanks, i need to do some minor changes for Race07, that's tarmac roads and 1m wider. There was only SS1 in the package, SS5 is the same as SS1. SS2-4 misses venue.bin. Is that due zaxxon method?

that last link, it is only the SS1 with few changes, I use that proyect to test things inside BTB.

sorry about the late, you have all the venues in the first link... with no changes, as I have in my HDD.. I only make changes to SS1

It would of been nice if Kyle had said he had given permission to someone else already, then I wouldn't of even started picking up the project.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to pick another one to work on instead.
:p

Kyle/PieLighter contacted me about Durban today through youtube.

He didn't answer/reply to this topic because the Admins have band/blocked his account.
He also said he doesn't remember giving Jalnervion exclusive permission to finish the track, and it was and still is posted as an open source project for anyone to continue.

I dont have any plans to start working on Durban again, as I'm already helping someone with another track.

Kyle/PieLighter contacted me about Durban today through youtube.

He didn't answer/reply to this topic because the Admins have band/blocked his account.
He also said he doesn't remember giving Jalnervion exclusive permission to finish the track, and it was and still is posted as an open source project for anyone to continue.

I dont have any plans to start working on Durban again, as I'm already helping someone with another track.

I know this is like 3+ years too late, but id really love to see some type of finished product for rFactor 1, even if it is still a WIP.

Feel free to send me an email, megacamstar@gmail.com if you want to release it?

Regards
Allrndcricketer

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%