Open Letter to Kunos Simulazioni and the Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Open Letter Kunos Simulazioni.jpg

Dear Kunos Simulazioni,

There is no doubt that what you have managed to achieve over the lifetime of Assetto Corsa, from its early access period to it's current state (v1.1), has been incredibly impressive, especially considering the relative size of your development team (approximately 15 people, we believe). From the humble beginnings of a single track, and a couple of sports cars, Assetto Corsa has become one of the highest selling racing games on steam, and deservedly so, thanks to intelligent investment, ultra-high quality (and popular) content, unparalleled driving physics, and a vast expanse of modding capability. Assetto Corsa easily has the most potential to be something truly great out of all the current simulators on the market today.

However, despite all of these fantastic things, there is still one aspect of Assetto Corsa (that we here at RaceDepartment are especially passionate about) that is detracting from the rest of the game in a significant way: Multiplayer functionality, usability and netcode solidity. In its present state, we feel that the quality of the multiplayer experience is still vastly inadequate in comparison to not only the the rest of Assetto Corsa's competition, but inferior even to that of games seen in the early-mid 2000's. From a users perspective, the way Assetto Corsa handles latency differences and especially collisions, is not exactly what you would call a pretty sight, and this must be addressed if Assetto Corsa is to be taken seriously by online racing communities such as this one.

Having a well-oiled multiplayer machine, so to speak, is essential to the long term sustainability of a simulator to not only remain relevant to the consumer, but to have them coming back for more (iRacing, rFactor 2 and Game Stock Car Extreme are all excellent examples of this, and all of them, incidentally, are your direct competitors in the sim market). Unfortunately at the present moment, we don't feel that Assetto Corsa's multiplayer currently offers the stability and function required to keep the clients coming back for more. As a result, we've seen a distinct trend in our RaceDepartment club races where we have a vast influx of drivers soon after a significant update, and then a significant drop off in participation within a period of a week or so, as the drivers quickly realise that the other competing racing sims still offer more features and enjoyment during multiplayer races.

Properly functioning multiplayer races with fully supported features including sector splits, live timing, broadcast/spectator mode, stable netcode for high ping users, reverse grid features, multiple races, far more numerous number of grid slots (what GT series races with only 24 cars?), pitstop improvements and many many more features are all necessary for a complete and sustainable sim that will not only be profitable for you in the long run, but will also maximize the users enjoyment and will vastly increase the life span of the sim.

If you look at it from a 'man and machine versus the track' perspective, then few other racing sims out there can compete with what Assetto Corsa offers in terms of physics, sound and track immersion, providing what is probably the best hot-lapping and practice simulator available to the consumer ever created. However, looking at it as a 'multiplayer racing sim', then you quickly realise just how far Assetto Corsa seems to be lagging behind the competition.

We completely understand that such things take time to develop, and we are more than willing to be patient and wait for improvements for the multiplayer side of things to progress, however, Assetto Corsa has been in development now for more than enough time to warrant an acceptable standard of multiplayer functionality and stability. Given the huge level of success that Assetto Corsa has experienced, we believe that budgetary constraints might not represent such a big hurdle anymore for the studio, especially in terms of netcode investment.

Whilst it cannot be stressed enough just how amazing the quality of the content (cars and tracks) has been, we here at RaceDepartment feel very strongly that you, Kunos Simulazioni, must shift your attention from implementing new cars and tracks to improving the functionality of the game. If it is not addressed soon, then you'll run a real risk of seeing a significant and rapid decline in the population of the Assetto Corsa user-base.

As the largest SimRacing community in the world, we sincerely hope that the issues highlighted above will be focused on more heavily in future, as we believe that Assetto Corsa has the potential to be one of the top class racing simulators on the market.

In closing, we would like to leave you with one final thought, and that's that; whilst it's a surreal and genuinely spine-tingling experience to be able to drive highly accurate replications of legendary race tracks and cars, what is the point of all of this incredible content, if the limitations of the game's functionality and usability are preventing us from realising its full potential?

Hopefully in the not too distant future, Assetto Corsa will prove to be the amazing racing simulator that we, and everyone else, know it has the potential to be.

Kind Regards,
RaceDepartment.

Cari Kunos Simulazioni,
Non c'è dubbio che quello che siete riusciti a realizzare con Assetto Corsa, dalla sua fase early access alla sua versione corrente (1.1), sia stato incredibilmente notevole, specialmente considerando le dimensioni del team di sviluppo (circa 15 persone, crediamo).
Dai suoi umili inizi con un singolo tracciato e qualche auto sportiva, Assetto Corsa è diventato uno dei racing game più venduti su Steam, meritatamente, per via degli investimenti intelligenti, contenuti di qualità altissima (e popolari), fisica di guida impareggiabile ed un vasto supporto al modding.

Assetto Corsa ha indubbiamente il maggior potenziale per diventare qualcosa di davvero grandioso tra tutti i simulatori al momento sul mercato.

Ma, nonostante tutte queste fantastiche qualità, c'è ancora un aspetto di Assetto Corsa (a cui noi di RaceDepartment siamo particolarmente appassionati) che detrae dal resto del gioco in maniera significativa: la funzionalità, usabilità e stabilità del netcode in Multiplayer.
Crediamo che la qualità dell'esperienza multiplayer, nel suo stato attuale, sia ancora in gran parte inadeguata se confrontata non solo con i suoi rivali, ma anche con simulatori dei primi anni 2000.

Dal punto di vista dell'utente, il modo in cui Assetto Corsa gestisce le differenze di latenza e specialmente le collisioni non è esattamente ideale, e questo deve essere migliorato se il titolo vuole essere preso sul serio dalle comunità di racing online come la nostra.
Avere un sistema multiplayer ben oliato, per così dire, è essenziale alla sostenibilità a lungo termine di un simulatore - non solo per rimanere rilevante per il consumatore, ma anche per fare in modo che questo ritorni (iRacing, rFactor 2 e Game Stock Car Extreme sono tutti ottimi esempi, e che tra l'altro sono tutti vostri diretti competitori nel mercato dei simulatori).

Sfortunatamente al momento non ci sembra che il multiplayer di Assetto Corsa offra la stabilità e le funzionalità richieste per fare in modo che i clienti ritornino.

Come diretto risultato, abbiamo notato una marcata tendenza nelle corse del nostro RaceDepartment club in cui abbiamo un grande influsso di giocatori immediatamente dopo un aggiornamento importante, per poi vedere una significativa diminuzione nel giro di una settimana circa, man mano che i piloti si rendono conto che gli altri competitori nel mercato dei racing sim offrono più funzionalità per le corse in multiplayer.

Corse in multiplayer propriamente funzionanti con caratteristiche come split per i settori, cronometraggio in tempo reale, modalità spettatore\di trasmissione, netcode stabile per gli utenti con un ping alto, modalità a griglia invertita, corse multiple, un numero molto maggiore di posti sulla griglia (quale corsa GT ha solo 24 auto?), miglioramenti ai pitstop ed altre ancora sono necessarie per un simulatore completo e sostenibile che non solo sarà redditizio per voi, ma massimizzerà anche il divertimento degli utenti e aumenterà sostanzialmente l'arco di vita del vostro titolo.

Guardandolo dalla prospettiva di “uomo e macchina contro il tracciato”, pochi altri simulatori sul mercato possono competere con quello che offre Assetto Corsa in termini di fisica, sonoro ed immersione su pista, creando quella che è probabilmente il miglior simulatore di hot-lapping e pratica mai creato e venduto al consumatore.
Tuttavia, guardandolo come un “simulatore di corse in multiplayer”, ci si rende conto che Assetto Corsa è piuttosto indietro rispetto ai suoi rivali.

Noi capiamo completamente che cose del genere richiedono tempo per essere sviluppate, e siamo più che volenterosi di essere pazienti ed aspettare dei miglioramenti al multiplayer, ma Assetto Corsa è ormai in fase di sviluppo da abbastanza tempo per garantire uno standard accettabile di funzionalità e stabilità nelle modalità online.
Visto l'enorme successo che Assetto Corsa ha avuto, crediamo che i limiti di budget forse non siano più un grande ostacolo per lo studio, particolarmente in termini di investimento sul netcode.

Sebbene la qualità dei contenuti (sia auto che tracciati) sia davvero incredibile, noi di RaceDepartment crediamo fortemente che voi, Kunos Simulazioni, dobbiate spostare la vostra attenzione dall'implementare nuovi contenuti al migliorare la funzionalità del gioco. Se questi problemi non saranno risolti a breve, allora correrete il rischio di vedere un declino rapido e significativo del bacino d'utenza di Assetto Corsa.
Come la più grande community di SimRacing nel mondo, noi crediamo sinceramente che i problemi di cui abbiamo scritto sopra riceveranno più attenzione in futuro, perché crediamo che Assetto Corsa abbia il potenziale per diventare IL simulatore di corse sul mercato.

In chiusura, vorremmo lasciarvi con un ultimo pensiero: mentre essere in grado di guidare repliche incredibilmente accurate di auto e tracciati leggendari è un'esperienza surreale e davvero eccitante, a cosa servono tutti questi contenuti eccezionali se le limitazioni della funzionalità ed usabilità del gioco ci impediscono di realizzare tutto il loro potenziale?

Speriamo che in un futuro non troppo lontano Assetto Corsa dimostrerà di essere l'incredibile simulatore di corse che noi, così come chiunque altro, sappiamo che può diventare.

Cordiali saluti,
RaceDepartment.

Yay, another totally pointless discussion here. :thumbsup:

A: The open letter was totally valid.
B: Kunos understands this, and agrees with most of that, see Stefano's answer to Mike on twitter.
C: Let's all keep continue to play the game and show Kunos that we (the hardcore gamers) matter. :inlove:

This is where my problem lies on the subject. People assuming that because something sounds easy to implement it must be without having any real knowledge of what it takes to actually implement these features.

I'm not saying AC couldn't be improved, but some people (not necessarily you specifically) have ridiculous expectations of a game. Especially when you start to consider the size of the team working on it compared to other sim-racing titles. For instance, telling them to hire someone who could fix the net-coding of multiplayer. Do you even know how software development works?

I agree with that, and wasn't trying to imply these things are easy (especially not with such a small team). But I'd have to believe they're easier than laser-scanning and recreating the Nordschleife. I work with computers/software for a living, I know things aren't as easy as some people think and a billion things can go wrong at any time. But most of these are basic features that have been in sim racing for sometime, so their continued absence does eventually start to create some concern.

Yay, another totally pointless discussion here. :thumbsup:

A: The open letter was totally valid.
B: Kunos understands this, and agrees with most of that, see Stefano's answer to Mike on twitter.
C: Let's all keep continue to play the game and show Kunos that we (the hardcore gamers) matter. :inlove:

(R)amen brother. :thumbsup:

It's all up to priority.
Kunos are "guided" by the information that about 70% of the buyers don't play online.
That's probably why the priority has been mostly at SP till now.
However it would be interesting to see statistics for how much TIME is used (= engaged players), and also how many MP % of those who has bought the game actually have used it for more than 1 - 2 hours. My guess is that MP will go 60-70% that way.

Some time ago Kunos decided to "pick a direction" and stick to it rather than try to fulfill the community cries for what was needed (even they did a great try to bring that along too).

They succeeded with that a long way, and referring to the Steam stat. (70% vs 30%) it was fully understandable.
The game became really good, and "suddenly" a lot of leagues was interested.
Assetto Corsa wasn't simply geared to get a high amount of MP.
MP was about the last thing that was implemented before moving into 1.0.

Of course it takes time to plan what to do and not.
It also takes time to get convinced that "okay, maybe we should do more for the MP situation than we thought from the start".
In 1.1 I see they have started to work more on MP improvements, and this tread's 2.nd or 3.rd post is indicating that Stefano knows that the MP interest has grown considerably since ver. 0.x

It's not a question of "less content and more improvements".
The "content guys" are doing a really great job already.
So is Stefano, but it's him we need to convince that online users are more than ready for using Assetto Corsa if he would prioritate that higher.
And it seems to work :)

First, we should thank RD for being our ombudsmen for reaching out and attempting to bring attention to one of the current shortcomings in AC. Kunos now has AC "almost" out of beta state. They are obviously working hard to fix the bugs they introduced in the 1.1 release. Now is a golden opportunity to bring attention to the needs of multi-player support. Will we ever see everything that RD has asked for appear, not likely. But any headway in that direction will only help AC (and Kunos) be a longer lived viability.

My experience so far is that to me the online interface, out of server needs more re-work than netcode. I very rarely experience lagging accidents online. I myself lag online while forgetting to turn off my vpn which can be a little unstable, but I dont think any netcode in the world could bypass that.
Bigger problem, what causes much more crashes, ruined races and wasted time is people intentionaly crashing into people, parking on the track and not knowing proper racing etiquette. This is mostly people/kids that come more from the type of NFS-genre I believe, kunos need these customers to make more money to develop the sim more too. So in leagues with locked servers there shouldnt be much problem.

I think I've been on servers with around 30 people not experiencing any lag incidents.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind...
I read a lot from the AC guys about the other sims being "too old" etc etc.
Guess what? They work! Go on over and try for yourself. Netcode works, graphics good, physics good, and they are being updated all the time by a team just as small as Kunos.
Maybe RD should just sideline AC for a while, I'm sure a few other leagues would follow their lead and Kunos would HAVE to sit up and take note.
With newer games coming out all the time, AC might find itself at the back of the pack.
More action, less talk helps sometimes.

I think it's a fair assessment in the OP, I'm a huge AC fanboy and it can turn my stomach listening to some people give out about AC but the OP put the problem in a constructive and loving way. I desperately want AC to succeed and become one of the most popular racing games out there but to achieve that I think online is essential. AC promotes itself as a moddable game and that means it's core functionality has to be flawless, so far they've done a great job with the core functionality of the game. Graphics, physics and feel are next to perfect. Online can ruin your day though. 90% of my online experience has been excellent, but the few times it's failed me has been heartbreaking.

Statistically I probably look like an offline player, I only race on racedepartment once or twice a week at best and don't race anywhere else. However I would say up to 40% of my offline driving time is spent practicing for an online event. Online still has a huge sense of being at a major event to me because I don't do it that often. I get pretty excited before a race, so when the game fails at that point, when you're pumped with adrenaline, it can drive me into fits of rage. I can understand why people come online and start giving out.

I've said it before though, I have faith in Kunos. They haven't really disappointed me to date and I know they care about their product and how it's perceived. I can wait a few weeks to see what they come up with, if we're still having this discussion by the end of the year I'll get worried.

How did I manage to 'run to Stefano' three days before this was posted?

So RD needs money, they start charging to race here, and then have the audacity to ask Kunos to forget about it's SP players and spend all development time working on MP improvements.....maybe it is simply coincidence, but I tend not to believe in that sort of thing.

I just noticed you posted that 3 days before this article was posted and that's fine but still doesn't change the fact that you clearly run to Stefano anytime someone isn't 100% happy with AC. Stefano clearly understands there are still aspects of the game that need work, why you do you insist on trying to be his personal spy? Stefano is a grown man and can certainly address any criticisms of the product he's developing. In my opinion he very professional in his assessment of the game's flaws, he's certainly not in denial or in agreement with you that the game is perfect as it stands.

6 Pages in 12 or so hours... Shows that there are very interested parties in the well being of the game, even if some arguements are negative and come from an entirely different point of view.

The unanimous consensus is that this game is great, for what it is right now, for the future it does need tweaking. The majority of us play MP so it is of no surprise that we do want to see the game improve sooner rather than later in that aspect. 70% MP also shows where the bulk of the revenue comes from, so it follows logically that when the game will be updated with a proper netcode there will be even more attracted customers which will contribute to more offline/online content.

This letter, the sentiments expressed in it and this thread (with the obvious exclusions) is about addressing the Kunos team and letting them know that an update in MP will pay even more dividends to Kunos and the community that so passionately supports its product. To be honest though, I'm pretty sure everyone at Kunos is not with their heads in the sand and were well aware of the shortcomings in the MP department.

View attachment 85320
Dear Kunos Simulazioni,

There is no doubt that what you have managed to achieve over the lifetime of Assetto Corsa, from its early access period to it's current state (v1.1), has been incredibly impressive, especially considering the relative size of your development team (approximately 15 people, we believe). From the humble beginnings of a single track, and a couple of sports cars, Assetto Corsa has become one of the highest selling racing games on steam, and deservedly so, thanks to intelligent investment, ultra-high quality (and popular) content, unparalleled driving physics, and a vast expanse of modding capability. Assetto Corsa easily has the most potential to be something truly great out of all the current simulators on the market today.

However, despite all of these fantastic things, there is still one aspect of Assetto Corsa (that we here at RaceDepartment are especially passionate about) that is detracting from the rest of the game in a significant way: Multiplayer functionality, usability and netcode solidity. In its present state, we feel that the quality of the multiplayer experience is still vastly inadequate in comparison to not only the the rest of Assetto Corsa's competition, but inferior even to that of games seen in the early-mid 2000's. From a users perspective, the way Assetto Corsa handles latency differences and especially collisions, is not exactly what you would call a pretty sight, and this must be addressed if Assetto Corsa is to be taken seriously by online racing communities such as this one.

Having a well-oiled multiplayer machine, so to speak, is essential to the long term sustainability of a simulator to not only remain relevant to the consumer, but to have them coming back for more (iRacing, rFactor 2 and Game Stock Car Extreme are all excellent examples of this, and all of them, incidentally, are your direct competitors in the sim market). Unfortunately at the present moment, we don't feel that Assetto Corsa's multiplayer currently offers the stability and function required to keep the clients coming back for more. As a result, we've seen a distinct trend in our RaceDepartment club races where we have a vast influx of drivers soon after a significant update, and then a significant drop off in participation within a period of a week or so, as the drivers quickly realise that the other competing racing sims still offer more features and enjoyment during multiplayer races.

Properly functioning multiplayer races with fully supported features including sector splits, live timing, broadcast/spectator mode, stable netcode for high ping users, reverse grid features, multiple races, far more numerous number of grid slots (what GT series races with only 24 cars?), pitstop improvements and many many more features are all necessary for a complete and sustainable sim that will not only be profitable for you in the long run, but will also maximize the users enjoyment and will vastly increase the life span of the sim.

If you look at it from a 'man and machine versus the track' perspective, then few other racing sims out there can compete with what Assetto Corsa offers in terms of physics, sound and track immersion, providing what is probably the best hot-lapping and practice simulator available to the consumer ever created. However, looking at it as a 'multiplayer racing sim', then you quickly realise just how far Assetto Corsa seems to be lagging behind the competition.

We completely understand that such things take time to develop, and we are more than willing to be patient and wait for improvements for the multiplayer side of things to progress, however, Assetto Corsa has been in development now for more than enough time to warrant an acceptable standard of multiplayer functionality and stability. Given the huge level of success that Assetto Corsa has experienced, we believe that budgetary constraints might not represent such a big hurdle anymore for the studio, especially in terms of netcode investment.

Whilst it cannot be stressed enough just how amazing the quality of the content (cars and tracks) has been, we here at RaceDepartment feel very strongly that you, Kunos Simulazioni, must shift your attention from implementing new cars and tracks to improving the functionality of the game. If it is not addressed soon, then you'll run a real risk of seeing a significant and rapid decline in the population of the Assetto Corsa user-base.

As the largest SimRacing community in the world, we sincerely hope that the issues highlighted above will be focused on more heavily in future, as we believe that Assetto Corsa has the potential to be one of the top class racing simulators on the market.

In closing, we would like to leave you with one final thought, and that's that; whilst it's a surreal and genuinely spine-tingling experience to be able to drive highly accurate replications of legendary race tracks and cars, what is the point of all of this incredible content, if the limitations of the game's functionality and usability are preventing us from realising its full potential?

Hopefully in the not too distant future, Assetto Corsa will prove to be the amazing racing simulator that we, and everyone else, know it has the potential to be.

Kind Regards,
RaceDepartment.

Cari Kunos Simulazioni,
Non c'è dubbio che quello che siete riusciti a realizzare con Assetto Corsa, dalla sua fase early access alla sua versione corrente (1.1), sia stato incredibilmente notevole, specialmente considerando le dimensioni del team di sviluppo (circa 15 persone, crediamo).
Dai suoi umili inizi con un singolo tracciato e qualche auto sportiva, Assetto Corsa è diventato uno dei racing game più venduti su Steam, meritatamente, per via degli investimenti intelligenti, contenuti di qualità altissima (e popolari), fisica di guida impareggiabile ed un vasto supporto al modding.

Assetto Corsa ha indubbiamente il maggior potenziale per diventare qualcosa di davvero grandioso tra tutti i simulatori al momento sul mercato.

Ma, nonostante tutte queste fantastiche qualità, c'è ancora un aspetto di Assetto Corsa (a cui noi di RaceDepartment siamo particolarmente appassionati) che detrae dal resto del gioco in maniera significativa: la funzionalità, usabilità e stabilità del netcode in Multiplayer.
Crediamo che la qualità dell'esperienza multiplayer, nel suo stato attuale, sia ancora in gran parte inadeguata se confrontata non solo con i suoi rivali, ma anche con simulatori dei primi anni 2000.

Dal punto di vista dell'utente, il modo in cui Assetto Corsa gestisce le differenze di latenza e specialmente le collisioni non è esattamente ideale, e questo deve essere migliorato se il titolo vuole essere preso sul serio dalle comunità di racing online come la nostra.
Avere un sistema multiplayer ben oliato, per così dire, è essenziale alla sostenibilità a lungo termine di un simulatore - non solo per rimanere rilevante per il consumatore, ma anche per fare in modo che questo ritorni (iRacing, rFactor 2 e Game Stock Car Extreme sono tutti ottimi esempi, e che tra l'altro sono tutti vostri diretti competitori nel mercato dei simulatori).

Sfortunatamente al momento non ci sembra che il multiplayer di Assetto Corsa offra la stabilità e le funzionalità richieste per fare in modo che i clienti ritornino.

Come diretto risultato, abbiamo notato una marcata tendenza nelle corse del nostro RaceDepartment club in cui abbiamo un grande influsso di giocatori immediatamente dopo un aggiornamento importante, per poi vedere una significativa diminuzione nel giro di una settimana circa, man mano che i piloti si rendono conto che gli altri competitori nel mercato dei racing sim offrono più funzionalità per le corse in multiplayer.

Corse in multiplayer propriamente funzionanti con caratteristiche come split per i settori, cronometraggio in tempo reale, modalità spettatore\di trasmissione, netcode stabile per gli utenti con un ping alto, modalità a griglia invertita, corse multiple, un numero molto maggiore di posti sulla griglia (quale corsa GT ha solo 24 auto?), miglioramenti ai pitstop ed altre ancora sono necessarie per un simulatore completo e sostenibile che non solo sarà redditizio per voi, ma massimizzerà anche il divertimento degli utenti e aumenterà sostanzialmente l'arco di vita del vostro titolo.

Guardandolo dalla prospettiva di “uomo e macchina contro il tracciato”, pochi altri simulatori sul mercato possono competere con quello che offre Assetto Corsa in termini di fisica, sonoro ed immersione su pista, creando quella che è probabilmente il miglior simulatore di hot-lapping e pratica mai creato e venduto al consumatore.
Tuttavia, guardandolo come un “simulatore di corse in multiplayer”, ci si rende conto che Assetto Corsa è piuttosto indietro rispetto ai suoi rivali.

Noi capiamo completamente che cose del genere richiedono tempo per essere sviluppate, e siamo più che volenterosi di essere pazienti ed aspettare dei miglioramenti al multiplayer, ma Assetto Corsa è ormai in fase di sviluppo da abbastanza tempo per garantire uno standard accettabile di funzionalità e stabilità nelle modalità online.
Visto l'enorme successo che Assetto Corsa ha avuto, crediamo che i limiti di budget forse non siano più un grande ostacolo per lo studio, particolarmente in termini di investimento sul netcode.

Sebbene la qualità dei contenuti (sia auto che tracciati) sia davvero incredibile, noi di RaceDepartment crediamo fortemente che voi, Kunos Simulazioni, dobbiate spostare la vostra attenzione dall'implementare nuovi contenuti al migliorare la funzionalità del gioco. Se questi problemi non saranno risolti a breve, allora correrete il rischio di vedere un declino rapido e significativo del bacino d'utenza di Assetto Corsa.
Come la più grande community di SimRacing nel mondo, noi crediamo sinceramente che i problemi di cui abbiamo scritto sopra riceveranno più attenzione in futuro, perché crediamo che Assetto Corsa abbia il potenziale per diventare IL simulatore di corse sul mercato.

In chiusura, vorremmo lasciarvi con un ultimo pensiero: mentre essere in grado di guidare repliche incredibilmente accurate di auto e tracciati leggendari è un'esperienza surreale e davvero eccitante, a cosa servono tutti questi contenuti eccezionali se le limitazioni della funzionalità ed usabilità del gioco ci impediscono di realizzare tutto il loro potenziale?

Speriamo che in un futuro non troppo lontano Assetto Corsa dimostrerà di essere l'incredibile simulatore di corse che noi, così come chiunque altro, sappiamo che può diventare.

Cordiali saluti,
RaceDepartment.
i agree with every word

I agree with that, and wasn't trying to imply these things are easy (especially not with such a small team). But I'd have to believe they're easier than laser-scanning and recreating the Nordschleife. I work with computers/software for a living, I know things aren't as easy as some people think and a billion things can go wrong at any time. But most of these are basic features that have been in sim racing for sometime, so their continued absence does eventually start to create some concern.

As I said, it wasn't aimed specifically at you and I probably shouldn't have used your quote for my response to begin with. So apologies for that. Also, my complaint was more directed at gamers in general because when it comes to companies who continue to further develop games after their initial release the entire gaming community typically has a bad case of entitlement from those developers.

MH in the first post got it right and so did the letter. RD wants to make money from AC, and well we all want a better product. I would like to point out though rF2 was in development for well over four years and is still not right and stole your money if you only paid for the one year deal that started before final release. Got to love paying for a BETA and have nothing to show for it, at least with AC we had the BETA and extra content for free.

Good luck Kunos.

MH in the first post got it right and so did the letter. RD wants to make money from AC, and well we all want a better product. I would like to point out though rF2 was in development for well over four years and is still not right and stole your money if you only paid for the one year deal that started before final release. Got to love paying for a BETA and have nothing to show for it, at least with AC we had the BETA and extra content for free.

Good luck Kunos.

No, MH didn't get it right, he implied that the intent of this article was nothing more than a devious cash grab scheme rather than honest criticism.

I agree with almost the whole open mail but... it's senseless to ask less additional contents: it doesn't help to fix or enhance features faster.
People working on contents are different than people working on features.

I heard of other leagues cancelling AC's championships due to its limited multiplayer features. That's not exclusively to RD and Michael forgot to think about that.

For the moment, any game that uses ISI engine (rF1, rF2 and GSCE) are best fit for multiplayer leagues and heavily used. They have numerous features that AC doesn't... yet.

Kunos is doing a great job and we need to give them time to catch up with ISI games in some aspects, and I'm pretty sure they can and will.

I bet in no time we'll be seeing features like rain, day/night cycle, better netcode, rolling starts, etc.

The open letter massively overstates the importance of on-line play. Lets face it, only 10-20% of sim racers race on-line and most of these are racing in iRacing. Kunos have no intention of providing a rival service to iRacing so while netcode improvements would be welcome they will not really alter the commercial success of AC, which is comfortably outselling rivals with better netcode.

Look where Kunos have come from. NetKar Pro was hardly a shining example of netcode and Ferrari Virtual Academy did not include on-line racing. While AC is better than NetKar Pro I'd suggest it was predictable that AC would not feature class leading netcode, just as it was predictable it would have class leading physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%