Open Beta 1.28 Released for American Truck Simulator

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Update 4.jpg

SCS Software have made available the latest 'Open Beta' build of American Truck Simulator, bringing with it some interesting new features to both trucking simulations.

Available as always in advance of the main build update, Open Beta 1.28 has already been deployed to American Truck Simulator and will be following shortly for European Truck Sim 2.

One of the most noticeable additions to the simulation in the new build will be the new inclusion of double trailers, unique to the haulage world and allowing truckers to pull two trailer loads at a time, linked together on a pivot between each trailer. Of course the ability to carry multiple loads will have an impact on the physics and handling of the title, all of which have been accounted for by SCS and updated accordingly within the new build.

As an additional bonus, SCS have taken advantage of the differing haulage regulations in the United States to bring another form of double trailers, and in the way that only can happen in America, it's bigger and better... triples! As with the standard double trailers, the game will now also feature triples and Rocky Mountain doubles, all available within the Nevada economy of American Truck Simulator as part of build 1.26.

As has been previewed previously, the new build on both ATS and the upcoming ETS2 build now features the new light flare technology, giving both title's a more polished and pleasing appearance within the game.

Open Beta 1.28 Update Highlights:

Main Features
  • Doubles (and more)
  • Background screen options
  • Better flares on the player and AI vehicles
Minor Chamges
  • Auxiliary brakes system support (engine brake and retarder in one control element)
  • Fixed LP change in states/countries where no city formats exist
  • Fixed brake vs parking brake behavior
  • Retarder improvement (better cruise control behavior, no braking with throttle, icon when moving only)
  • Fixed suspension load gauges
  • Steam Inventory support to allow for distributing rewards from upcoming World of Trucks events
If you wish to participate in the open beta, you can find this version in the public_beta branch on Steam. The way to access it is as follows: Steam client → LIBRARY → right click on American Truck Simulator → Properties → Betas tab → public_beta → 1.28 public beta. No password required.

During open betas, there is a dedicated beta site for World of Trucks, which is used to safely test all new features. Please visit World of Trucks Open Beta web for more information. Also check our modding wiki too to get details pertaining to mods for the game.

Just as with the previous Open Beta releases - please keep in mind that this is still only a beta version of the update! You may experience instability and/or bugs and kinks. It’s completely okay if you want to wait for the final release. But if you are interested in providing feedback at this stage, be sure to let us know on our forum, you can join the discussion here and report bugs here. We appreciate all your feedback immensely.

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now. Additional DLC packs for both games can be picked up from the respect Steam store page.

ATS Update 2.jpg
ATS Update 3.jpg
ATS Update.jpg

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums and get involved with the community today!

Have you tried the new update yet? Looking forward to trying out triple trailer haulage? Let us know in the comments section below!

I feel this game give me huge motion sickness in VR compared to racing sims. Can't figure out why. Anyone has any tips?
Unfortunately it's not really optimized for VR, I have performance issues (all other sims are running pretty well) and stopped playing it altogether. I hope they did not ditch DX11 plans and that VR will be running smoother whenever they do the switch. Until then I'll keep myself busy with racing sims :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 294 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%