Resource icon

Cars Opel Ascona C GT 2014-10-18

Login or Register an account to download this content
Guys, driver model fixed, but i'll not upload another build for now (Working on a few improovments and damage for the next build, no prediction to release yet))

Open "Driver3D.ini" in DATA folder, and replace everything there for this:

[MODEL]
NAME=driver_70
POSITION=0,0,0

[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=504

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=200
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=200
PRELOAD_RPM=5800
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:++++Driver_Body_SUB0 < REMOVE THE "++++" IN THIS LINE!

;HELMET = driver/driver_no_HANS helmet
;HELMET_69_SUB1 = driver_60 helmet
;HELMET_1975 = driver_70 helmet
;HELMET1985 = driver_80 helmet
;Driver_Body_SUB0 = driver/driver_no_HANS/driver_60/driver_70/driver_80 body
;Driver_Body_SUB1 = driver_70 hands
;Driver_Body_SUB2 = driver_70 head
;Driver_Body_SUB1 = driver/driver_no_HANS/driver_60/driver_80 head
;Driver_Body_SUB2 = driver/driver_no_HANS/driver_60/driver_80 hands

First racing build for this mod is coming (at last!).... With tons of fixes and many upgrades! ... I'm really glad with the way this is coming along, is my first car creation and I couldn't be more pleased with my model :)

Screenshot_opel_ascona_c_gt_s3_interlagos_br_22-11-2014-1-30-46.jpg

Screenshot_opel_ascona_c_gt_s3_interlagos_br_22-11-2014-1-31-12.jpg

Awesome dude! Love car like this, they dont need to have 900 hp with a turbo larger than the trunk (just kidding, but most car in AC is super-cars worth millions, and this one is worth like 5,000-10,000 euro and 5 times more fun! Just one question, is it supposed to say Chevrolet on an Opel?

Screenshot_opel_ascona_c_gt_s3_interlagos_br_22-11-2014-1-31-12.jpg

Agree with Filip, this looks amazing and promising a lot of fun :inlove:.
The carbon parts look a bit futuristic on a car of the 80´s ;)
Anyway, cant´t wait for this, keep up your great work :)

Hello Malagoli, I found out about this mod by watching a old video on Youtube, so I went and investigated some more and found myself right back at RD. How convenient :)

The car looks and feels excellent, yes the FFB feels soft, but again this is a little Opel, rather than a full racecar, so I actually find it alright, perhaps its just how I've gone about setting up my G27 wheel for AC.

However I found the car's sound doesn't work from the v1.1 game update, so I had the (probably not so brilliant) idea of tanking the .BANK file from the Kunos E30 M3 and putting it in-place of the mod's file (since you said you used the E30 for sound) - and it did not work still, so I guess its more complex than what I thought :roflmao:.

Looking forward to (hopefully) seeing a fix, as well as seeing the 'race version' get released :thumbsup:

:( I can't get this working. The 3D model works in the showroom, but game crashes on track-load.
Tried the new driver3d.ini from above and also tried all the in-game options to hide hands, wheel, lock wheel etc.

Any hot tips? Thanks

My brother had a rusty used one of these when I was little for a few months (he crashed it... of course). I remember the poor self-applied yellow paintjob - craft-wise terrible, but cheap-nostalgia beautiful.

------
Edit: Tried the version with sound fix (rar-file is 98.8MB) from the steam forums and it worked!

Last edited:
Hi! I was recently doing some oldschool track days and found that this nice car has a problem in interior view when on VR. The track does not render properly through windshield and windows, there is some "endless mirror effect" but if I lean and put my head "outside" the car the track renders ok.
Doing some test founded that in flat screen mode, windshield works ok but lateral windows looks dark grey with no image. So maybe there is some kind of problem with glass texture/material?

Any solution for this issue?

Thank you!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%