Opel 1900 GT / Opel Kadett @ Watkins Glen Long - Tuesday Aug 24th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Opel 1900 GT / Race2: Opel Kadett (Both versions of the Kadett may be used)
Track: Watkins Glen Long
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with mods only.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD1900GT.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 320
  • CDKadett.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 275
  • STU1900.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 319
Then i think Steve you were also really outa shape when we touched

Gonna have to disagree with you there 100% Rob. From my point of view you just outbraked yourself and went into the back of me (replay time 1365 to 1380). But hey no worries, thats racing and was just part of a frustrating night culminating in a game freeze 1 lap from the end in the Kadettes (deffo an issue with these cars).

Both cars were great round Watkins.....I'll also give Nords a miss, so have fun.

Whoever i hitted, it was an accident, i believe it's a firm rule here to wait on those you hit, i did, and you quitted after that...
Sorry, but tx...

I see, it was you Tudor, hmmm, i waited, but guess when reading all that, next time i won't bother.
Yet sorry again...

When you crash, it doesn't mean that you need to push Esc alot, people wait for smbd...

Sorry Hubert, I wasn't implying that I'd left the race because of you hitting me. I'd just had to lift and back out of a move on another driver as I'd been forced onto the grass (presumably he didn't see me). This left me slow which meant that you would have been closing fast on me at that point - a racing incident. However, it left me with damage on a fast part of the track facing traffic. This and the previous events made esc seem like the best option.

I may have made a mistake: when I spun out on a corner Jack V. who was chasing me down moved to avoid me and spun out. Should I have waited for him to continue first?

nah, you couldn't see it but it was my one mistake I spun out

lots of fun to bad i had to much spins (as alway's )

dont think I am there at the schleife or it must be done with automatic gears and 1 hand lol,
had a liitle plastic surgery on my left shoulder today which I now cant use for racing for 4 a 5 weeks

when I was recovering from a broken left leg last year I used a flight joystick for braking :)

Pole in the 1900 was nice with a start just good enough to keep first place round T1,then it was no looking back at all for a while attempting to break away,i think it sort of worked well early on but then i was forced to start looking back by Tom,i enjoyed responding to him closing in,but there was a point where he was disturbingly close and probably thinking of some pass action,my only hope now was he overcooks it a bit pushing for the win,and thats what happened so clear and free cruise to the finish.

Second place in the C Coupe after Ralf blitzed pole for race 2,again a not bad launch off the line and well pleased to stick on Ralfs back bumper and even applying some pressure at certain parts of the track,i like to think this pressure helped Ralf go wide on the exit of T8 and get on the grass allowing me to sneak in to the lead,as i suspected Ralf looked very comfortable now chasing me close,until the apex of T4 at the top of the hill i got a bit too tight and clipped that apex curb slightly and got a small fright,Ralf follwing close done the same but with the more disasterous ending that involves a big slide and a meeting with the wall.
I assumed i was off the hook again for a cushty cruise but as usual some clever bugger has different ideas >:/ ......step up please one Bob Miley,very much in a Tom Wilson race one style,he just starts knocking lumps out of the gap consistently lap after lap,again i have to respond but the later we get in the race the more i notice tyre issues,luckily Bob must have some "moments" as well but there was a confusion incident with Bob lapping Jack that really gave me the late comfort zone to secure the double on the night.

Ace cars+top track+grid of quality racers = 2 cracking races,loved the contrast of being the chased,and then a try at being the chaser.

Thank You Carlos-Stu & RD

Race1) Stevo, I was looking at the replay and it looks it is mostly my fault that you tapped my in the chicane. I didn't want to be right behind Nils entering the chicane, so I was to the left of him which put me on a strange line coming into the turn. I also ended up cutting the entry a bit and then slid out towards the left just enough to fall into your line. I was looking at you in the replay and your line was steady and clean the whole time. So I think it was mostly me to blame for that, sorry mate. Thanks for waiting too. Also, I didn't know until right now that I was looking at the replay that I had slightly tapped you as I was passing you when you waited. Sorry for that as well. I was trying to go as close to you as safely possible so as to not hit any of the guys that were passing me. I could see you but not them so I chose to stay close to you.

Well, after Steve and I went off, I had a pretty fun time trying to get back up the grid. I had some fun moments with Jack (sorry Jack for the lovetap in T1) and Ondrej on the way. Mostly I was chasing Stevo until he had an off with Robert which let me finish in 10th place.

Race2) Right from the start I find myself chasing my boss (Thommo lol). The gap is pretty steady and I can't close it no matter how hard I push. Then I notice Dariusz behind and coming strong and fast. I try to hold him up for just a bit but then I go a bit wide on a left hander and he gets through, which is more than OK because he's faster anyway, I wouldn't have held him up for long knowing that. Now I'm chasing both Dariusz and Stu. Stu is doing a much better job than I did defending his position against Dariusz. It was very fun to watch them go at it, but then they made contact and I took the opportunity that was given to me and I stole both their places and finished it in 4th. This was the very first time I drove the Kadett for an entire race without spinning it and I am very happy about that.

Thanks to all that showed up and helped the grid get nice and large. I hope the new faces continue to visit us.

Tudor, don't give up on us. We are a good bunch of fair and clean drivers. But with grids this big stuff always happens. Actually, it is very rare that an incident of someone not waiting for another gets reported from the GTL Club, very rare. We might not be able to race perfectly without touching each other, but we are very good at waiting for the car we punted off. In the last year, I have probably raced more 100 races here in the GTL club, and I can easily say that 95% of those races have been very enjoyable regardless of where I finished or whether or not I hit or got hit by someone.

Please give us a chance, you will see what I'm talking about.

Thommo, maybe the CTDs have something to do with the Kadett and the graphics settings. I never got a crash with the 4 events. Do you want me to post how I have my stuff set up just in case it might help you out? Really would like to have you with us when we run these cars mate.

Thx to all i've been battling with and sry for any contacts ( nothing deliberate, all racing incidents impossible to avoid ) but especially Stuart for the hard and clean fights, really enjoyed that :).
However, i do have some concerns about one particular driver conduit in R.1 which need to be addressed with the higher authority i think.

Thx Carlos, RD and all driver and see you next week.

Stu is doing a much better job than I did defending his position against Dariusz. It was very fun to watch them go at it, but then they made contact and I took the opportunity that was given to me and I stole both their places and finished it in 4th.

Actually, I don't know if there was contact or not going into the corner (I don't think there was), Dariusz dived up the inside in T1, and as I turned he was there, but a little slidey. He slid across my nose, and we definitely touched there, but that was one of those things and no real big deal.

I waited for Dariusz just in case there was contact on the entry that caused his slide, you drove past, as did Tom & Neil, then Dariusz closed up, but stuck behind me, refusing to take the place, so I'm guessing again that there was no real contact that caused the slide.

Mind you, as I crash-oed, I've got no replay to doublecheck, but it was a cracking fight in there for what felt like a thousand years :D

Race1) Stevo, I was looking at the replay and it looks it is mostly my fault that you tapped my in the chicane. I didn't want to be right behind Nils entering the chicane, so I was to the left of him which put me on a strange line coming into the turn. I also ended up cutting the entry a bit and then slid out towards the left just enough to fall into your line. I was looking at you in the replay and your line was steady and clean the whole time. So I think it was mostly me to blame for that, sorry mate. Thanks for waiting too. Also, I didn't know until right now that I was looking at the replay that I had slightly tapped you as I was passing you when you waited. Sorry for that as well. I was trying to go as close to you as safely possible so as to not hit any of the guys that were passing me. I could see you but not them so I chose to stay close to you.

:) LOL I was about to send you a PM too :) No worries Carlos, really just one of those things.......frustrating at the time, but forgotten a day later. Hope we get the opportunity to have some close racing in the future :)

Actually, I don't know if there was contact or not going into the corner (I don't think there was), Dariusz dived up the inside in T1, and as I turned he was there, but a little slidey. He slid across my nose, and we definitely touched there, but that was one of those things and no real big deal.

I waited for Dariusz just in case there was contact on the entry that caused his slide, you drove past, as did Tom & Neil, then Dariusz closed up, but stuck behind me, refusing to take the place, so I'm guessing again that there was no real contact that caused the slide.

Mind you, as I crash-oed, I've got no replay to doublecheck, but it was a cracking fight in there for what felt like a thousand years :D

All my fault Stuart, i've committed myself and no way out, didn't want to go much to the outside as you were there and put the car in slide ( a bit to much lol ). You shouldn't wait, so SRY for that. But i did enjoyed this fight with you very much, i try all the tricks in the book to distract you but you are just to clever for that and kept your nerves. Very, very enjoyable :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back