Opel 1900 GT / Opel Kadett @ Watkins Glen Long - Tuesday Aug 24th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Opel 1900 GT / Race2: Opel Kadett (Both versions of the Kadett may be used)
Track: Watkins Glen Long
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with mods only.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD1900GT.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 317
  • CDKadett.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 275
  • STU1900.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 316
Hi mates,

I am soooo super sad that I cannot find the time to participate tonight :(

I would've loved to join this huge spectacle!!!

Especially the vast number of new players is what I enjoyed a lot ..... I will call it the GT LEGENDS REVIVAL =)

Have fun guys !!!

Having problems with GTL again, have a fresh install but problems still appear to be there. Will try to join but might have to leavve if things don't improve.

Really wish I'd not bothered. Blocked on my quali lap by a driver on his outlap, who'd rejoined the track in front of me after he'd ran wide. FPS of around 30 for the first 2 laps, then just as it settled down was driven onto the grass and shortly sfterwards punted into the barriers on the main "straight".

Don't think I'll bother again!

Whoever i hitted, it was an accident, i believe it's a firm rule here to wait on those you hit, i did, and you quitted after that...
Sorry, but tx...

I see, it was you Tudor, hmmm, i waited, but guess when reading all that, next time i won't bother.
Yet sorry again...

When you crash, it doesn't mean that you need to push Esc alot, people wait for smbd...

Being new to GTL online i have a few questions

1.Is there any way of seeing who is in front or behind whislt in a race.
2.How do i make sure my replays work and are saved.

Cause i had a few hairy moments in my first gtl race however i must apologise for the person i tapped on about lap 2 going into the second last turn. The 3 of you guys were having a major scrap and i am sure you got all out of shape whilst i was right behind you.VERY SORRY if i tapped you.Please let me know or can i get the replay from somewhere.
Then i i have noticed in the long right hander after the bustop there seems to be a lot of lag and it not hte first time in have seen that.

Then i think Steve you were also really outa shape when we touched and once again i am just getting into the racing again so my apologies to three incidents i had.

From my side the racing was really good .

Thx

Rob McColl

I had really fun, those Opels are good :)

Just I have one complain in race 2, a lot of people didnt quali and started the race from the back eventhough they are fast... this is really bad thing, because you are then slowing the slow guys in the second part of the grid by your overtaking :) and it is even more stress when you know that you have 5 faster guys then you behind and you cant defend them

That's now 4 events driving the Kadetts, and 4 freeze and CTD's for me :frown:

I'm not going to participate in any more Kadett events I think - if I freeze I'm not sure if I leave a residual car there for people to hit.

Great stuff Dariusz again - really good fun there. :good:

Had fun tonight, except in race 1 on my quali lap shifted down to 3rd and it jumped to second almost spinning me and it did the same in race.

Race 2 was really nice, got my first GTL podium, but sorry to Jack, total confusion you looked like you were staying right so I went left then you came over to the left and bump.

Being new to GTL online i have a few questions

1.Is there any way of seeing who is in front or behind whislt in a race.
2.How do i make sure my replays work and are saved.

Cause i had a few hairy moments in my first gtl race however i must apologise for the person i tapped on about lap 2 going into the second last turn. The 3 of you guys were having a major scrap and i am sure you got all out of shape whilst i was right behind you.VERY SORRY if i tapped you.Please let me know or can i get the replay from somewhere.
Then i i have noticed in the long right hander after the bustop there seems to be a lot of lag and it not hte first time in have seen that.

Then i think Steve you were also really outa shape when we touched and once again i am just getting into the racing again so my apologies to three incidents i had.

From my side the racing was really good .

Thx

Rob McColl

no problem mate seeing you got fps issues and you waited. If you use the "Tab" button you'll see the names above each car.

Had a nice evening again with you guys in the old GTL beauties. Thanks for the event

Just I have one complain in race 2, a lot of people didnt quali and started the race from the back eventhough they are fast... this is really bad thing, because you are then slowing the slow guys in the second part of the grid by your overtaking :) and it is even more stress when you know that you have 5 faster guys then you behind and you cant defend them

That's the joy of Superpole qualy, I did try to qualify but got a cut so didn't set a time. Therefore I started from the back with a few others and the fight through the pack on lap one was great in my opinion.

Overall tonight was fantastic - the opel's are supreme in every way.

Race 1 - The GT is beautiful to drive, I qualied 7th or 8th and managed to get a perfect start shooting up to 3rd into T1. First 3 laps were an insanely tight battle with Ralf. I managed to sneak through into the tight downhill hairpin and set about chasing down Gary. He was flying and I couldn't get the gap down to less than a second. I stayed pretty static between us until lap 11 I think. All of a sudden I was really close and had a crack at an overtake going onto the long section of the track. I couldn't quite squeeze past and then going into the hairpin where I'd passed Ralf I ran wide giving Gary just enough of a gap to make it certain. I then managed to have a huge spin in T1 on the last lap - luckily had enough time to retain 2nd place overall. Very good race, great driving Gary - it was a thoroughly deserved win.

Race 2 - Ballsed up Qualy as I mentioned, so started 17th/18th....got a poor start too with bags of wheelspin out of the traps. The first lap was a total blur, overtaking like mad and trying to not have an accident. Made it up to 8th i think on lap 1 and was behind Neil and Dariusz, from this point on it was an absolute humdinger. Swapping positions and a good deal of paint. Dariusz got past Neil and chased down Stu so Neil and I had our own private battle for most of the race.

It was only with a few laps to go that We rounded T1 (after I tried a daredevil move down the outside only to have the door firmly slammed) to see Dariusz and Stu recovering from a spin. Neil and I both pinned it to pass them but Neil was forced to back off slightly going into the sweeper on T2/T3 and I gained 3 positions in 1 corner. Feeling rather pleased with myself I attempted to cement my position but Neil came back at me with everything and made a move stick on the back of the track, with Dariusz following through a lap or so later after I make a small mistake.

With just 2 to go you could be forgiven for thinking that was all the action we could expect. But on the final lap Dariusz and Neil came together in the downhill hairpin (this corner does see some action!). I gain 2 more spots and come home 5th - which pleased me greatly.

I must say though that the position belonged to Neil, who drove a great race only to be punted off on the final lap.

Great track choice Carlos - and as I said the cars are brilliant. Thank you!

*********End of Race Report*************** (now for something completely different.)

As a side note, not relating to this race. Some of you might have noticed that I've not been at many club races recently. This is down to a rapidly increasing workload, two family deaths in quick succession and all the complications of trying to buy a house and arrange a wedding. To say that I'm under a bit of stress is an understatement and alas something's got to give.

So it is with a great deal of regret that I must take period of absence from RD Racing Club events. Just for a couple of months until things simmer down a bit. I will, of course, remain signed up for the impending RDHGP S6 and will try my best to contribute to discussions here on the forum. If the opportunity makes itself available to join a club event once in a while I hope I'll find the same, good, honest, gentlemanly racing that I have enjoyed for the past year with you guys.

So never fear - I am not leaving for good, I just wanted to explain why I might not be around too much over the next couple of months. I will continue to fly the flag of the Good Ship RD whenever possible and I look forward to returning to full time racing ASAP!

Cheers Guys,
Tom

Had a good night tonight. Had a couple of bad starts which cost me a few places, once I got them back I had 3 people infront of me spin, unfortunately the first one, Huub, I made contact with as I couldn't miss him. This gave me steering damage which I carried for the rest of the race but once Bob M got his act together we had a nice little ding dong but alias I had to give way in the end as he was faster than me. Race 2 was going well, managed to stay out of trouble and was following Tom & Neil's battle but on the last lap I got disconnect, well game crashed, which has never happened before but just before it did I noticed Steve stationary on track and the next lap another car the same and as I went by my game crashed. As Thommo has mentioned and there seems to be a bug car in the pack I won't be racing them anymore but ofcourse the GT will see action again as its a lovely car.

Thanks Carlos for a great track tonight, Grts to Lenno on winning race 1 but I don't know who won race 2 but grts anyway. Thanks to all that showed, which was a lot for a club night & long my it continue. See ya all at the next event.

Yah one of those moments Bob M., but no need to be sorry. I knew you were going to lap me and so I thought that you would be lined up for the right side and I didn't want to slow down too fast on you so I moved left, same time you did and Bob's your uncle. I was disappointed in myself for not allowing for a smooth transition (because you were in the hunt) but that will improve with more experience.

As for the races, I was confortable in the 1900 and struggled with the Kadett but started to get the hang of it a bit as the race went on. Had a few good battles. I may have made a mistake: when I spun out on a corner Jack V. who was chasing me down moved to avoid me and spun out. Should I have waited for him to continue first? A omni-sorry to all lappers tyring to get by me, if I used poor judgment

Congrats to the winner... did Gary L. win both? Very impressive. Thanks to Carlos and all racers.

Yah one of those moments Bob M., but no need to be sorry. I knew you were going to lap me and so I thought that you would be lined up for the right side and I didn't want to slow down too fast on you so I moved left, same time you did and Bob's your uncle. I was disappointed in myself for not allowing for a smooth transition because you were in the hunt.

No need to move out of the way for me though, our pace was pretty similar, I couldn't get away.

... sorry to who ever hit me at the hairpin, i had to give it lots of revs to clear the sand then sudenly i hit the track and the car shot back.
That would have been me. It was a pretty risky move you made there and I had no chance of avoiding you with Steven next to me entering the hairpin side by side. It wrecked my car and slowly I crawled to the pits. The rest of the race I spent in the pitlane repairing my car: As my crew wasn't able to get things fixed not even after 3 minutes I spun on pit-exit and flew over the barrier. 7 minutes later I was able to cross the start again :( Back to the pits for more repairs where Jack Vos was so kind to wait for me so we could finish the race together +1 Jack!
Also a big thank you to Stuart & Carlos for the setup: immediately I drove 2-3 seconds faster instead of sliding through every corner.

R2: To me the Kadett feels easier to drive fast, but reacts more evil when you start to slide. Actually you need a miracle to keep it straight when it starts to spin.
Q: No Q due to a CTD after setting a time: I was happy to be able to rejoin with 5 minutes to go (I don't know if I was allowed to set a new time so I stayed in the box)
R: A lot of fine moments in race2. I traded some paint with Tim & Steven and had some more fine moments along the way, but due to a 5h sleep I would need to check the replays/ASA to remember more details :rolleyes:

This was my final event in the Opel's as I'm scared of the Ring :eek:

Thx Stuart, Carlos, RD & all participants.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%