Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

TouringCars.jpg

Are you up for a challenging event with a large field of drivers, or simply want to gain some on track experience for the upcoming ninth season of the Virtual Touring Car Championship then this is one for you!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Cars
  • Chevrolet Cruze
  • Ford Focus
  • Mitsubishi Lancer
  • Toyoto Corolla

Track Kanai
Server name:RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU CLUB
Server & Teamspeak Password: click here

Practice: 18:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 18:30 GMT SUPERPOLE (10 minutes)
Race 1: 18:45 GMT (20 minutes)
Race 2: 19:10 GMT (20 minutes, full reversed grid)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Ken Rodriguez
  3. Reik Major
  4. Craig Patteson
  5. Jörn Horbelt
  6. Peter Ell
  7. Yves Larose
  8. Mark Breslin
  9. Franco Becagli
  10. Arne Freiensehner
  11. Bart Zweerink
  12. John Grant
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Server is UP!

Last edited:
Massive apologies to @Joao Fernandes.:notworthy:
Not sure if it was 'red mist' or damage from being knocked off track? Hit the breaks and the car snapped right, straight into you!:unsure: Again sorry for messing up you race, hope you recovered. I apologised over TS, but went off in a sulk before typing an apology.
Sorry to all that took part and @Nox for organising.
Totally 'unprofessional'....................so 'til next time!?!:O_o:

First time I didn˙t listen my gutts how much fuel I have to put in my car and one lap before finish line my fuel tank was dry like Sahara desert. 143 litres wasn˙t enough, 150 as I wanted to fill would be just fine to finish that race. ... put any ugly word here, because I know, I must listen just myself ... but nobody understand me, so good anyway: jebemogoh ejga, ebenti prazn tank!!!
;)

It was fun guys, some nice battles and gentle fights, thank you all :thumbsup:

Indeed... I was mocking Matej for being too cautious about taking 150 litres of fuel... and in the end I DNFed because I ran out of fuel.
The race was epic up until something happened with Mark and Matej, up until then Calum, Mark and I were having a great three-way battle. After that it was just a matter of trying to keep Calum behind, who was really fast. As I saw him getting close in the mirrors I opted to pit, and after that it was just banging in quali lap after quali lap until I was sure I covered him when he pitted (which I managed to do). I kept going after that, but very soon my mindset went from "I'm about to win this" to "I might not finish this" because I noticed my fuel won't last to the end (took 132 litres). Calum went past easily with me lift-and-coasting and short-shifting all over. Then I noticed in the timing LCD that Matej wasn't gaining any time on me even though I was REALLY slowing down. He ended up DNFing before I did. On the last lap, After turn two my fuel meter showed a very official "0". So I switched off the engine and let the decent do the acceleration. When I switched the engine back on at turns 4-5, I managed to get to the exit of turn 5 when the engine shut down completely. Needless to say anyone left driving went past me as I was cruising along the hill. I managed to reach the top of it, but just as it started dropping back down (all the way to the finish line too!) the car came to its final resting place (so it was stuck on the apex). I wanted to get out and push, but no such functionality :( So I sat there a little bit, while the last driver passed me. And then reluctantly called it quits.
Even though I didn't finish the race, I just have this epic feeling left over from that race, just because it ended that way...

I know very few people will agree with me, but the only word I have for this race is exactly what @Tal said: epic!

Yes, the cars were mostly awful and unpredictable. Yes, the track is hard (although I love it personally). Yes, many problems appeared en route. But hell yeah I had fun. :) I've never feel this satisfied after a long race.

These cars, depsite being very strange to drive (to say the least) and having pretty high top speeds, allow a lot of close racing, like not a lot of other ones could. If you had a similar pace as someone else, the draft would allow both of the drivers to pass each other again and again. That happened twice to me, with @EireGreen™ during the first stint, and with @Joao Fernandes during the second one. From pit exit to lap 60, that was wheel to wheel, fair, close racing (a second away from each other to the max). Awesome, mate! :thumbsup:

In the end, I need to say again that I love in these endurances events. There is a lot that can determine and shape your failure or success. Going for a stable setup over a fast one might prevent most of the mistakes. Pitting later (knowing that the tyres would last) allows some fast laps while everyone else has a refilled tank. Letting by much faster drivers on another strategy will help in the end, even if it seems against the basics of racing. I could go on and on, my point is that I love the fact that so many elements are getting involved in a (sim) race.

Congratulations to @Calum McLure for the win, to @Tal for an examplary race (apart from a few liters), to @Matej Lakota and @Mark Breslin for their crazy pace. Congrats to all the finishers, but also to everyone involved and that had to quit. I hope to see this kind of races again! :)

P.S.: thanks a lot to @Matej Lakota for his setup and to @Mark Breslin for the adjustments he advised. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline