Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Whenever I crash or stall the car outside of the pit I cannot restart it, anyone know why? I have tried it in neutral as well as in gear with the clutch in, and tried turning the ignition off then on and then hitting the starter, but no luck. I am only able to get going by going back to the pits. It doesn't show any damage during this either. Any suggestions?

Whenever I crash or stall the car outside of the pit I cannot restart it, anyone know why? I have tried it in neutral as well as in gear with the clutch in, and tried turning the ignition off then on and then hitting the starter, but no luck. I am only able to get going by going back to the pits. It doesn't show any damage during this either. Any suggestions?
Because just like in real life you can't restart the engine outside the pits. Auto-clutch is available if you want a fail safe way to keep it running, or just keep the clutch in when you spin.

That makes sense, and is very cool actually. However, having just tried this car and track right now for the first time I really am in no position to belong on track, especially for a long race. I think it could end up being too frustrating for me (I don't mind being at the back of the pack, I just don't want to crash repeatedly), and too high a chance of me negatively affecting someone else's race. Have a good race all!

Good fun yesterday, glad i stayed up for this, thanks guys.

Dennis and Jarek, I don't think I was too aggressive, but I know there was a little bit of rubbing a couple of times. If there was any moves that you felt were too much just let me know, the idea is to always improve!
Nope, not towards me at least. We barely traded any paint, despite going side by side into some bends, nothing but good racing from my point of view.

What a beautiful 80 laps of race. I fought ... I think with everybody who was on server at some point of the race ... joke, of course, but Flanklin and Arne, Joern and maybe I forgot somebody, were all the time somewhere around my white #33. Just great as it can be only here at RD club races. Fast, ultra fast (hkhm ... Franklin), fair and without mercy, even I asked for it before green light. Thanks all present and cya next time, because I just love long races like this was :thumbsup:.
Grats Theo for the win, well deserved!

Slory my Flenglish, I am very tired girl right now, barely speaking my native language :D

Last edited:
Driving around towards the end of the race I thought to myself that just maybe my car was crap and my setup was all wrong. It didn't really have much to do with any of my spins or my running into the rear of anyone but it just looked a bit like other drivers could have morecontrol over the front of their cars while the rears were prone to, eh, moving around a bit. But then I thought, I can't handle the rear moving around so I must be driving a great car :)

I did have to pit twice, once for suspension damage and a second time to replace a front wing, both well before the half way point. So, no new tires late in the race for Dennis. So, five laps down but still rolling and the dogs only got one little bark into TS. I'm sure I ssaw many drivers, yup many, spin more than I did they just didn't have to pit. Main mission accomplished, finish the race :D.

My PC is six years old, did I hear people say I was stststuttering a bit as they got close to me? Any after race reports on that? I've never been passed so many times in one event in my life, hoping I only caused a litttle confusion, I was really trying to stay aware.

Great race, really enjoyed it, "Applause!"

Thanks to all, especially to the 'survivors'.!!:thumbsup:
Feeling quietly confident for a podium finish,........that 'went out the window' when I didn't hear or see the lights, Just a lot of tyre smoke that gave me a hint to 'floor it'!!:whistling:
Cursing the lights I locked up into the first corner which caused me to 'meet', @Tal turning in from a wide line......sorry!;)
Settled down after that, and enjoyed the racing for the next 10 or so laps until I found myself in the lead for a few laps.:)
All that changed when @Dachsos who had been stalking me for a few laps passed me after we had been side by side for 3 consecutive corners!:thumbsup:
Sadly a lap later trying to regain the lead the dreaded lag appeared jumping Dachos around, and instead of backing off a little I kept pushing as the ping was low and thought it had cleared.............wrong! SORRY mate, tapping your rear sent us both out losing half a dozen places. After that I lost a bit of interest being annoyed at myself, but carried on to still finish with some satisfaction that I completed this epic race!
Again, apologies for my indescrections and grats to podium/finishers.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well, guys, great event! :)

With the super high temperatures we have here in Europe, I was sweating after only ten laps. I'm now exhausted, and I need another shower. :p

I was surprised and happy with pole position (my first one here at RD :geek:), really feeling the car well. But in race, my driving and setup were too demanding on the tyres and quite unstable with a full tank. Although, the first laps where four or five cars battled for the lead were absolutely awesome. I then spun, and afterwards lost concentration because I was not ready to drive these cars consistently for several laps. As @Dennis Phelan said, I was one of the drivers that pitted way too many times to reapair their numerous mistakes. I enjoyed the race still. :)

Congrats to @Theo van den Brink for the win, to @Matej Lakota for making his way up in the field, and congrats to the finnishers :thumbsup: (although I quite understand quitting when there is no good feeling with the car).

Thanks to @Nox for preparing such events. The only thing that could maybe improve the experience for all is creating the forum thread a bit earlier. For special events like this one (long races in our case), I think we all need a bit more time to get ready than for regular events. Maybe two (or three) weeks in advance would let people prepare better, setup properly, and all that. But other than that, it's all good: very nice track, and probably my favorites cars from SCE.

First of all thanks to all that made this a great event.:thumbsup:

Driving these cars isn't easy and keeping the car on track was a priority. Let's just say that most of the time i did it right but with the summer temperatures i needed to see how good the sand was. :D

The first half was pretty interesting with other cars to battle and close enough to keep pushing and try to climb more positions. But after a while the concentration started to go down and the mistakes happened a lot. Anyway i kept going trying to keep the car intact and finish the race. The goal was achieved so pretty happy about that. ;)

Thanks to @Nox for preparing such events. The only thing that could maybe improve the experience for all is creating the forum thread a bit earlier. For special events like this one (long races in our case), I think we all need a bit more time to get ready than for regular events. Maybe two (or three) weeks in advance would let people prepare better, setup properly, and all that. But other than that, it's all good: very nice track, and probably my favorites cars from SCE.
Fair point, and I will when I can. Otherwise it's a good idea if people share their setups in the thread before the race. The whole point of the club is to just jump in for some fun, so having some setups on hand would help that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%