1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only advertising for the consoles?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Lenard Schaeffler, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Lenard Schaeffler

Lenard Schaeffler

Ratings:
    +30
    Does it irritate anyone else that when they advertise for the game during the F1 races they only say the 360 and PS3, never a mention of the glorious master race of pc gamers?

2. Martin Bell

Martin Bell

Ratings:
    +0
    I've only seen f1 2011 PC for sale on steam. Just PS3 and 360 from retailers. Don't know for sure but is it download only as I seem to remember Dirt3 was. (Apologies if I'm wrong with this).

3. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,078
    This is the answer why they focus more on consoles than PC users: clicky here

Note: don't think that Steam sales are included though. Might be retail only, but still gives you an idea

4. Jan-Olov Johansson

Jan-Olov Johansson

Ratings:
    +182
    I must admit that I have a hard time understanding how consoles got so popular, I mean the hardware is always going to be inferior to PC:s since you can't upgrade them, you can't tweak, mod or adjust your games at all plus the games themselves are almost always more expensive to buy.

Not looking to start a war here, I just don't get it...but... money rules, so us PC gamers are probably stuck with more and more bad console ports of games. :(

5. Lenard Schaeffler

Lenard Schaeffler

Ratings:
    +30
    they got popular because they are "cheap" and easy, you turn the power on, you put the game in you play. You will never see a "how to" or hardware related fix on a console, they dont exist. they run, over and over, very few issues. Plus "supposedly" they are cheaper, personally I factor in the 62" TV and the fact that every game is $60, $50 per controller, a few hundred for a "rock band" set, $60-$100 per peripheral (guns, guitars, yoga mat and suddenly you have yourself a gaming computer.

*Edit* Just to be clear I am an avid PC gamer, I think consoles serve their purpose but when it comes to gaming you will NEVER get the full experience from a console that you would a good PC

6. Chris Rees

Chris Rees

Ratings:
    +132
    Yeh spot on. I cant be bothered with a PC as i dont want to have to faff about upgrading every few months and having nothing but problems and bugs to sort out (that i hear about constantly on this forum)

7. bporion

bporion

Ratings:
    +20
    i got the pc version and then got the ps3 version ( used ) i played the ps3 version for about 3 sec , the graphics were crap compared to my pc ! and on pc you get all those great mods . as far as upgrading , i built my my gaming pc about 3 years ago and i just get sofware updates and everything is great .