F1 2011 Only advertising for the consoles?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I must admit that I have a hard time understanding how consoles got so popular, I mean the hardware is always going to be inferior to PC:s since you can't upgrade them, you can't tweak, mod or adjust your games at all plus the games themselves are almost always more expensive to buy.

Not looking to start a war here, I just don't get it...but... money rules, so us PC gamers are probably stuck with more and more bad console ports of games. :(

I must admit that I have a hard time understanding how consoles got so popular, I mean the hardware is always going to be inferior to PC:s since you can't upgrade them, you can't tweak, mod or adjust your games at all plus the games themselves are almost always more expensive to buy.

Not looking to start a war here, I just don't get it...but... money rules, so us PC gamers are probably stuck with more and more bad console ports of games. :(

they got popular because they are "cheap" and easy, you turn the power on, you put the game in you play. You will never see a "how to" or hardware related fix on a console, they dont exist. they run, over and over, very few issues. Plus "supposedly" they are cheaper, personally I factor in the 62" TV and the fact that every game is $60, $50 per controller, a few hundred for a "rock band" set, $60-$100 per peripheral (guns, guitars, yoga mat and suddenly you have yourself a gaming computer.

*Edit* Just to be clear I am an avid PC gamer, I think consoles serve their purpose but when it comes to gaming you will NEVER get the full experience from a console that you would a good PC

i got the pc version and then got the ps3 version ( used ) i played the ps3 version for about 3 sec , the graphics were crap compared to my pc ! and on pc you get all those great mods . as far as upgrading , i built my my gaming pc about 3 years ago and i just get sofware updates and everything is great .

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%