Online races?

Yes, people use it for private pratice sessions open to all comers, usually with personal battles going
on amongst friends.
Some are closed and you need a password. These are usually practice sessions for up and coming
races in the near future for certain clubs at all levels of ability.
Racedepartment always have a practice session prior to the next up and coming race, but you always need a password, which you have, as you say these are labled “P” and the race is labled with P,Q,R which obviously mean practice,qualifying and race.
There are some open races and they are very good, that are permanently rotating with a practice of 10 min, qualifying for 10 min then a race of 20 min. Then it starts all over again.
You are allowed in without a password but you will be closely monitored, any wayward driving will have
you chucked out and never allowed to return.
Open servers that tolerate anybody and not password protected are to be advoided at all costs they will make you take up knitting socks for therapy to get over it all.
They can also breed bad habits that will get you chucked and banned from race department races.
My advice still stands, practice in racedepartment mazda mx5’s next practice session, then do a race on
the same circuit against Ai and avoid hitting AI at all cost. Then do a race in racedepartments
Mx5 race and learn from every one else or try a Gt3 race, Sunday night if an mx5 is not your bag.

I hope I have not been saying the bleeding obvios.:rolleyes:

When Minorating was still applied to servers .... the situation was better with more free quality servers without password including Q and R sessions.

Since Minorating has left ... without mostly any control over wreckers or bad drivers .... the choice is mostly P ( or Q ) only for serious and clean racing at RD or leagues all over the world before the day of the event ( P, Q and R ) .... some P Q R servers with passwords for private races or .... some servers opened to anybody ( with more bad races than clean mostly except surely a few serious and surveyed ones ).

That's not new .... it's been happening for years in nearly any simracing platforms.

So, if you like clean racing .... be a premium member at RD and choose you prefered evenings on Racing Clubs .... always fair, clean and pleasure.

Why are you telling me to drive a mazda MX5 and race against AI are you kidding me? I just want to race online with a GT3 is that too much to ask? ASSETTO CORSA COMMUNITY! Project Cars was much easier there was always a GT3 race waiting for me to have fun. I had just to avoid a few dirty drivers at the beginning of the race, and thats it.
Mod Edit: Language and attitude need adjusting.
You've had polite answers and have just continued to rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure what you are ranting about. There are public servers with races, but the best place to go for online racing in AC is SRS, as I told you in the first answer to your question. Or you can join one of the many leagues around. Or just create your own server, it takes minutes.

I am not sure what you are ranting about. There are public servers with races, but the best place to go for online racing in AC is SRS, as I told you in the first answer to your question. Or you can join one of the many leagues around. Or just create your own server, it takes minutes.
Yes there are, after this conversation i found a GT3 race. But it happens once a week thats the problem.

While in Project Cars 2 there was a GT3 race everyday.

Also, whats the point to have very realistic physics in a simulator if the car will be driven by a computer? I mean ABS and TC.
Project Cars 2 GT3 cars had no ABS and TC.

Some will tell me it works this way in real life. OK

Just because real life racing rules are messed up (allowing TC and ABS) and it's not REAL racing anymore, it doesn't mean we must do it in the game too...

Last edited:
Just because real life racing rules are messed up (allowing TC and ABS) and it's not REAL racing anymore, it doesn't mean we must do it in the game too...

in a simulator

A simulator simulates. That's what it does.

I learned at school that you can't tell other people to play your way if nobody wants to play your way.

People play the way they want to play, and you either fit in and play with them, you play on your own or you go and find a new game to play.

That's just how the world works.

Just because real life racing rules are messed up (allowing TC and ABS) and it's not REAL racing anymore, it doesn't mean we must do it in the game too..........???

There not messed up, driving 500hp and 700Nm torque and limited aero in a competitive
situation requires TC and ABS, unless you want a decimated field, you could always apply 100% damage then there would, out of a field of 24 drivers be two or three drivers left.

I race gt3 and mx5 and cannot differentiate the amount of enjoyment between them.
I cannot understand your standpoint on this subject at all. I think i am going to perpetually
remain confused.

If you wish to race in AC gt3 series, you are more than welcome to run with no TC or ABS
In fact most of us run with a limited amount of both of them by adjusting them down.

• Deleted member 379375

What do you mean with public servers are ok? Most of the people play in practice only seasons, there are not enough online races. Also why the **** are they playing in practice only seasons?

I'm with you on this, I would have thought most people would want to qualify and race but the number of populated servers with these settings is extremely low. I have SRS installed and I am sure the racing is better but if you just want to go online and race when you have time the options are surprisingly poor for such a popular title. It's all practice , drift empty race servers and servers set up with hours of practice and 3 lap races. People do some funny things when you give them a completely free hand and don't impose rules; both in the way they set up servers and when driving in the few open populated race servers there are.Also someone mentioned MR, great idea but limited usage as it's not built in. What did most people do with it? Go to the trouble of installing it and then set it up to accept all ratings!!!! Like I said people do strange things.

Empty race servers need people to join them.

If everyone just looks for populated servers to join and nobody has the patience to join and build up the empty servers with the settings they want, then those empty servers will remain empty.

Most online racers do tend to act like sheep in that regard, and follow the crowd rather than explore new paths.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%