F1 2010 Online Play is such a pain??

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Has anyon else noticed that everyone online are really dirty and love ramming you of the track are all drivers online under the age of ten because they are so childish i dont know how they can win world championships when all they do is run into opposing cars all the time.

They must play it on the easiest setting in career so the other cars are no challenge otherwise they spend half their gaming time would be spent DQ'd errrrrr!!

Im so frustrated with this i was in a race there bout 2 hours ago and i was winning and the some little fart got his little buddy who was in last place to turn on the track and ram head on into me i finished 6th what a load of s***!!! they should carry DQs into online play aswell to cut out all the little loosers who play on it.

Just had to come on here and blow off some steam i cant wait to set up my own custom GP on xbox live and have a nice clean race with some decent drivers rather than sore loosers

Peace out homies

For me a big miss of this game is the lack of forced cockpit view. As it was available for e.g. Dirt2, SBK08-09 it separates people who only go for the win-win-win, no matter (manner) what from people enjoying the racing together and it worked. Although there have been only a handful of people (from all over the world) but it was more than worth it. Way more satisfaction to race with enthusiasts that show good manners, I can tell you.
Funny thing is even in here a big majority claims to use cockpits but you described the online crash kid symptom as there are t-cam and chase viewers all over. That's my personal experience or rather evidence with recent and former race games.

i have a problem that i can't connect to any lobby. 9/10 times i can't get in. i have never experienced this with other games. my connection is fast and good. nat is open etc. i think codemasters did a very bad job
yeah thats also a major problem with the game it really is stupid and i dont know whether its due to the fact that people can restrict how low the online rank can be which for me is very low as i cant get onto a game and when im winning some brat rams me head on or if my connection is slow which its not and even if the rank level is restricted why show me the lobby show me one i can enter so i dont waste 2 hours of my life trying to get into a game just to be smashed off the road or have everyone in it leave so sad

When trying to join a session i sometimes get connection failed then it would revert to a seperate screen so what i'm trying to say is you can't view which races have started or sessions which are open.The work around is quite simple when you highlight to join session or view game card just view gamecard and you will see if they are in session lobby which means you can connect bit of a pain but the best way to connect without it kicking you

Online is very fun in this game once you get in with a group of decent drivers who are fair. The rammers can be a pain yes, but that comes with the territory of EVERY racing game.

My biggest beef however, is the "Connection Failure" bug. Boy talk about annoying to no end! I am still recovering from shock over the discovery of this stupid bug. My jaw is the floor and I'm scratching my head so much you'd think I'd have lice! How could codemasters let something like get by and released onto the public???? This makes F1 2010 LITERALLY a botched mess in the multiplayer department. If wasn't for the ability to join races via the quick race menu, I'd of lost interest in the entire game long ago.

A patch for this connection failure bug is need....BADLY!!!!!! :mad:

When trying to join a session i sometimes get connection failed then it would revert to a seperate screen so what i'm trying to say is you can't view which races have started or sessions which are open.The work around is quite simple when you highlight to join session or view game card just view gamecard and you will see if they are in session lobby which means you can connect bit of a pain but the best way to connect without it kicking you
this i the reason why you cant get into online games it shows you games that have already started also and thats why there is a connection error

This is the same error that both the last 2 Call of Dutys had.

If you buy it on launch day its always the same, you cant get into lobby's, you get thrown out of games, cant take partys into game etc etc.

This seems to be patched relatively quickly.

But they never seem to list the ports for your router on the game release, for cod we find out a little later, then change modem accordingly and it improves the situation 50 %.

The Ports should be in the Manual, for every game.

And Yes i hate the kids that just love to take you off. nearly every game.

We normally just play in our own session and just invite those clean racers you meet over time.

May be we could ask for a list of licensed racers ID for each gaming platform. So we can arrange our own clean games.

If the mod wants to start a list of ID Tags (without names as we can find out online) Licensed racers only.

We have a group which play after 10pm most nights in the UK, anyone can add me o_Rat_o (PS3)
This is a FUN group so any assists allowed, and always equal cars. No hardcore racers, more novice and intermediate.

thats twice you have said that now lol

I have to agree with OP here. Its so frustrating that people don't realise they don't have to push and shove to win a race. I host many a room so if u do want clean fair games add me and my mate to windows live Toucs2008 and Jay Walker 254. I am currently building up a spreadsheet/database off people who act like d*cks so i check that as each person enters my server.

as for the connection error i get that alot but i presume and its only a guess that this happens when the session has started

the view Game card does not seem to be an option on the PS3 which version are you talking about.

In grand prix mode i can create or view custom grand prix's

but in quick game mode just says Find Race no options.
And this is the problem with trying to take your party in....

For me a big miss of this game is the lack of forced cockpit view.
I think the same. I have posted about this on the official forum to ask codemasters to put this in the upcoming patch. Maybe if more people go there and ask it too they will do it :) Not that hard to implement. Just allow to restrict the use for each view (so we can also allow cockpit + nose and forbid all the rest).

Now to come back on the original subject of this thread, I invite all of you who are fed up with official online mode to come playing on tuungle network. I've been playing there for a while instead of using ingame online feature, and I have never had someone racing the opposite.

Of course you will always find some people playing it as they would play any arcade game, bumping your back or putting you in a wall or offtrack, but believe me overall gameplay there is way better than real online. Found a lot of people driving fair and having a very good skill level.

And you don't have to modify the game, it's just lan play over a virtual lan network. Also at least, there is a chatroom there (and in the futur it will have ingame chat feature ! I got this confirmed by a dev recently)

Trouble with cockpit view, as it would decrease the sales.

As i am an awesome fan of F1 and love the games, but hate playing from the cockpit view, like many others.

If you didnt give people the choice, then only the elite would play. Then not many sales so then no game.

I Use the behind view and can avoid a lot more crashes with this view.

But even the cockpit view wont stop the kids from crashing into people.

But an option for which view, like we have with collisions on, or 10% etc, so you can choose, the room you play in may be a better compromise.

Remember Codemasters make games to please the investors and shareholders, not gamers, horrible fact i know but nonetheless a true one. This doesnt mean they dont care, but does make you think about whether your questions are at all possible.

I would Like a COD without Lightweight and players just running around, some would like no snipers, but has to appeal to everyone.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.4%