Online Livery Selection

Hi all, quick question - is it possible to select your livery online in this game? It never seems to work for me? Is the server able to restrict it, do duplicates effect it etc? Basically how does online livery selection work, as I've never managed to get the one I wanted.

Cheers!

as far as I know it is not possible to pick what you want or custom made skin .. one of "hard to understand why" solutions of AC
It's not that hard to understand why... the clients load skins once, when they join the server. So if you join a server after someone else, they won't see your skin. If you use booking mode, then everyone's requested a skin in advance and can have it.

It's just working from the principle that people want iRacing style online (ie. book a race half an hour early and then show up and drive) which if you asked around a few years ago, lots of people said. Happens that customers are bad at saying what they want and ended up with something that does what they asked but not what they meant.

It's not that hard to understand why... the clients load skins once, when they join the server. So if you join a server after someone else, they won't see your skin. If you use booking mode, then everyone's requested a skin in advance and can have it.

It's just working from the principle that people want iRacing style online (ie. book a race half an hour early and then show up and drive) which if you asked around a few years ago, lots of people said. Happens that customers are bad at saying what they want and ended up with something that does what they asked but not what they meant.
I get that they wanted to reduce the lag when players are joining but they could solve differently than just abandoning the idea ... let skins of newly joined players reload once you are in garage .. R3E solved it like this, it is simple and it works ... in practice and quali sessions you are going to garage (ESC menu or whatever it is) and even if you don`t, you`ll be there at least when session is changing ... that way before accual race all skins a loaded without affecting performece noticably ..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%