F1 2012 Online issues on PC - any of you experiencing this?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Originally posted this on the CM tech support forum, but doubt I will get many constructive replies there, so put it on here also. :)

This "bug" has persisted with this game since I first installed it. I can join a quick match (multiplayer) game lobby and successfully enter a race, however once that race finishes and I return to the lobby again to wait for the second race, the timer counts down and I get left in the lobby, whilst everyone else gets into the game.

Another symptom is where I get into the game session after the timer counts down, only to be stuck sat in the car at "waiting for players" - the rest of the game participants get the same message too - but as soon as I leave the game, their "waiting for players" message goes away and they can proceed with the race.

Things I have tried:

1. Disable Steam Cloud Synch and deleting profile locally each time I exit the game
2. Enabling Steam Cloud again and the problem persists
3. Disabling the firewall on my PC entirely as well as enabling DMZ on my router for my PC.
4. Completely uninstalling steam and deleting all F1 2012 associated files
5. Fresh install of steam with only F1 2012 installed

My game is installed on Windows 7 x64 with a default steam install (saved to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\".

The only thing that I can think is a little different to normal is the fact that I am running on a BT Infinity line, but then again I have never had issues on other steam-based multiplayer games, and f1 2011 runs flawlessly in multiplayer.

Do you have any further suggestions or shall I just bite the bullet and reinstall my whole OS out of desperation?

The guys I usually group up with before joining a quickmatch lobby on F1 2012 are all running the same OS with a similar PC spec, yet they have not had this issue once.

Any ideas are most welcome!

Cheers,

Alec

I don't have these issues when playing online with friends, and more importantly for the OP, I have BT Infinity for nearly 2 years without any problems in any game.

What maybe be important and worth checking, is that you have forwarded all the ports required for Steam, perhaps especially the P2P ports (thinking of lobbies here).

Ports are here :-

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711

Additional info for port forwarding, choose your router, then game or application :-

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back